Russ On Twitter: We Are Going To Split The Units And Solo Drops In Community Warfare.

628 replies to this topic

#1 Livewyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,733 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 14 January 2016 - 12:54 PM

Good Game, CW.

ggclose.

(To make this semi constructive)

"Untag -MS- in game..." Join faction in game as a solo. Make faction group of -MS- players.

Business as usual.

On another note:
How do planets get tags?

Edited by Livewyr, 14 January 2016 - 12:57 PM.

#2 Pestilencio

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 8 posts
  • LocationThe People's Republic of Canada

Posted 14 January 2016 - 01:01 PM

Jumping the gun aren't we? He said it would be a talking point.
[color=#292F33]
Russ Bullock[color=#B1BBC3]@[/color]russ_bullock 39m39 minutes agoVancouver, British Columbia
[/color]
[color=#292F33]
Will make separation of solo and unit players in CW phase 3 a major talking point in an upcoming town hall - targeting Jan 29th
[/color]

#3 Toothless

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 861 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 01:02 PM

Its a smoldering garbage fire either way.

#4 Big Tin Man

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 01:02 PM

From everything that has been said about CW3, if your unit gets a planet tag, there will be real and tangible benefits to that in the form of planetary defense and potentially rewards as well. Non-unit players will not get this.

#5 Livewyr

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,733 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 14 January 2016 - 01:08 PM

View PostPestilencio, on 14 January 2016 - 01:01 PM, said:

Jumping the gun aren't we? He said it would be a talking point.

Russ Bullock[color=#B1BBC3]@[/color]russ_bullock 39m39 minutes agoVancouver, British Columbia

Will make separation of solo and unit players in CW phase 3 a major talking point in an upcoming town hall - targeting Jan 29th

3rd Person View and Consumables were talking points...

#6 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 14 January 2016 - 01:16 PM

Im just waiting for MS to use their alt accounts they been using to get planets to troll the solo Q :)

#7 HelBound

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 126 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 01:24 PM

View PostLivewyr, on 14 January 2016 - 12:54 PM, said:

Good Game, CW.

ggclose.

"Untag -MS- in game..." Join faction in game as a solo. Make faction group of -MS- players.

Business as usual.

On another note:
How do planets get tags?

I don't fear that an exploit of that nature will be a big deal. I mean....who really has fun stomping new players? Is it really worth it to take planets etc? No....I don't see it being beneficial to exploit it. That being said, a cool down period would help get around this. Removing unit tags means no CW for 24hrs or something of the kind.

Doesn't help alt accounts but you can't get around that.

#8 Kin3ticX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,926 posts
  • LocationSalt Mines of Puglandia

Posted 14 January 2016 - 01:51 PM

Numerous amounts of CW forum feedback pointed to having another queue for solos.

Whether or not there are enough people to do this....I guess we will find out.

I don't see Mercstar even considering going to this new solo queue. That is not in the spirit of what its created for. Russ has already tweeted that he has another fallback plan in case the unit queue dies.

#9 Leggin Ho

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 495 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationBristol, Va

Posted 14 January 2016 - 01:58 PM

So after the split, and wait times in the Unit CW que are stupidly long can I request my $1200.00+ back that I've put into this game since closed Beta waiting on a real usable CW type game?

Edited by Leggin Ho, 14 January 2016 - 01:58 PM.

#10 Lupis Volk

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 2,126 posts
  • LocationIn the cockpit of the nearest Light Battlemech.

Posted 14 January 2016 - 02:50 PM

View PostLeggin Ho, on 14 January 2016 - 01:58 PM, said:

So after the split, and wait times in the Unit CW que are stupidly long can I request my $1200.00+ back that I've put into this game since closed Beta waiting on a real usable CW type game?

or ask if you can personally see those why wanted split que and punch them in the face.

#11 slide

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,768 posts
  • LocationKersbrook South Australia

Posted 14 January 2016 - 02:53 PM

Giving people new to CW and particularly new to MWO a place where they can learn to play the mode without being baby seals to large groups and more experienced players is ultimately better for the game than the current situation where new players quit after being handed their heads.

Given time they will learn skills and go looking for more of a challenge, gate it so that the rewards for playing in the group queue make the step up worth it (ie planet tags and rewards). New players benefit and in the longer term so do groups because they have better players to recruit from.

The current situation is akin to putting a 10 year old fat kid up against the current 100m Olympic sprint champion. The race is over before it starts and we all know the kid isn't coming back for a second go.

If the group queue dies then it will be the fault of the groups who don't want to play each other. You can't expect solos to be cannon fodder for groups just so you can get a match.

#12 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,246 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 14 January 2016 - 02:54 PM

View PostLivewyr, on 14 January 2016 - 12:54 PM, said:

Good Game, CW.

ggclose.

Business as usual.

On another note:
How do planets get tags?

You can't drop in the non-unit solo queue as a group, so their best bet is sync drops. But then they can't get MS tags on planets so why would they do that?

#13 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 14 January 2016 - 03:26 PM

What happens if your team is cued up in unit-cue...and no unit cues up to oppose you?

Are you stuck waiting forever for an enemy to step up to fight you?

And what's to stop the major units from just sync-dropping 12 guys as individuals onto a planet at the same time and then fight pugs that way?

Oh, yeah! And what if you win all your unit battles, but lose all your pug matches like we've been doing? Your units' efforts are undermined by your pugs. And guess what: you have no way of dropping in only 4-man groups to supplement your pugs if you drop in a team, like how MS helped to win Tukayyid at the final hour!

Thank you, Russ, for once again punishing players for their skills and ability to use teamwork. God, I don't think there's been a more despised gaming company as PGI is today since Electronic Arts' butchered Command & Conquer!

PGI: Taking the "community" out of "Community Warfare" in 2016.

Russ, STOP! For the love of God! STOP! Stop fixing what isn't broken!

Edited by Commander A9, 14 January 2016 - 03:56 PM.

#14 hybrid black

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 844 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 03:27 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 14 January 2016 - 02:54 PM, said:

You can't drop in the non-unit solo queue as a group, so their best bet is sync drops. But then they can't get MS tags on planets so why would they do that?

Other then no one in mercstar caring about tags, only groups that think we do

#15 Leggin Ho

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 495 posts
  • LocationBristol, Va

Posted 14 January 2016 - 03:27 PM

From what he said if you have a faction tag you can't drop solo either.

#16 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 14 January 2016 - 03:30 PM

haven't played in a while, but seriously if this goes through P.G.I have no clue

Sepperating solo and group Queue, good bye all ready dead population

#17 Davegt27

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,966 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 14 January 2016 - 03:34 PM

the last town hall time stamp 1:42:30

#18 Leggin Ho

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 495 posts
  • LocationBristol, Va

Posted 14 January 2016 - 03:43 PM

I've never had a twitter account until tonight so let's see if Russ answers any of the questions asked shall we?

#19 Fiona Marshe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 756 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 14 January 2016 - 03:46 PM

For the discussion, I would suggest a hybrid model.

1. For the first X minutes (2 to start), the group and solo are kept separate.
2. After X time, both groups are moved to a combined queue.

Concentrates the groups without unnecessary delays in MM if there are enough players for a full group.

#20 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 14 January 2016 - 03:51 PM

View PostKin3ticX, on 14 January 2016 - 01:51 PM, said:

Numerous amounts of CW forum feedback pointed to having another queue for solos.

Whether or not there are enough people to do this....I guess we will find out.

I don't see Mercstar even considering going to this new solo queue. That is not in the spirit of what its created for. Russ has already tweeted that he has another fallback plan in case the unit queue dies.

You know...

When a lot of matches get down to the wire (in terms of avoiding a ghost drop), most of the time the response happens to be PUGs queuing (it's kinda occasional that a unit shows up).

I don't see how more ghost drops helps CW as a whole. It is arguably the #1 most destructive force that kills CW.

View Postslide, on 14 January 2016 - 02:53 PM, said:

Giving people new to CW and particularly new to MWO a place where they can learn to play the mode without being baby seals to large groups and more experienced players is ultimately better for the game than the current situation where new players quit after being handed their heads.

Given time they will learn skills and go looking for more of a challenge, gate it so that the rewards for playing in the group queue make the step up worth it (ie planet tags and rewards). New players benefit and in the longer term so do groups because they have better players to recruit from.

The current situation is akin to putting a 10 year old fat kid up against the current 100m Olympic sprint champion. The race is over before it starts and we all know the kid isn't coming back for a second go.

If the group queue dies then it will be the fault of the groups who don't want to play each other. You can't expect solos to be cannon fodder for groups just so you can get a match.

CW is supposed to be part of the "MWO Progression". "Master" the basics first in the solo queue. Next, you need to be "working together" in the group queue. Last (though there's technically more beyond this), actually use some of what you learned to succeed in "making your faction proud".

I don't see how productive this will be, but we'll have to see what the actual details are.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users