ISN News Flash

12 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,777 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 09:00 AM

Tue: Dec 6, 3048: Oriente Hussars have lodged a formal complaint regarding the Military Reform Act and the LCCC’s allocation of resources.

#2 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 06 December 2011 - 09:01 AM

Why is this news in pink color? I don't see anything special in it. :P

#3 Kyll Long

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 06 December 2011 - 09:03 AM

Short on rations? Come visit the wonderful, lively and well-fed Capellan Confederation. We insure all of our citizens are happy and comfortable contributing to the greater good of the House. We're more than happy to accept defectors although loyalty will be determined by the friendliest of torture methods.

Edited by Kyll Long, 06 December 2011 - 09:04 AM.

#4 Cyttorak

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts
  • LocationAlbany, OR, USA

Posted 06 December 2011 - 09:41 AM

League Central Coordination and Command
The League Central Coordination and Command (LCCC) is the military bureaucracy that is responsible for the FWLM. Composed of seven individuals and headquartered on Marik, the LCCC controls logistics, planning, and captured territories. While some of the responsibilities of the members of the LCCC have changed over the years, positions include the Minister of Defense, Director of Military Intelligence, Chief Armorer, and Quartermaster General.

From http://www.sarna.net...ion_and_Command

Edited by Cyttorak, 06 December 2011 - 09:42 AM.

#5 Ghost

Com Guard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 10:03 AM

Your intrepid fact-checking reporter had to do a little digging on this. I think they're referring to the Regulan Hussars and not the Oriente Hussars -- the Oriente Hussars actually benefited from the Military Reform Act. Unless they're talking about the Fusiliers of Oriente, in which case I can totally understand some protests as the older sibling is forced to share his toys.

First a little background on the Military Reform Act. When the Andurien Secession Crisis ended in 3040, it left behind a legacy that posed a significant problem to the newly empowered leaders of the Free Worlds League. It was necessary to enact a law that standardized military training and condensed the fractured command structure of the Free Worlds League Military. Thus the Military Reform Act (alternately known as the Military Reorganization Act or the Military Reformation Act) was conceived: its goal was to mandate a single unified military for the entire Free Worlds League that was loyal to the League, and not local or regional interests. It was an important step in promoting stability in FWL politics.

Posted Image
As for the Oriente Hussars, they benefited from the unification of the military. Suddenly possessing the supplies and support they'd always been lacking as the poorer and less prestigious cousins of the Fusiliers of Oriente, they rapidly became just as well-equipped and combat effective as the Fusiliers. In the years following the Military Reform Act relations between the Hussars and Fusiliers would steadily improve beyond the bitter rivalry they share today.

Edited by Ghost, 06 December 2011 - 10:04 AM.

#6 booticus

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 10:40 AM

@Ghost : Damn, that's some comprehensive breakdown on the subject! Keep it coming! Excellent work! I do enjoy folks who enjoy the details, it brings the world to life for me just like Stackpole did with his novels. Looking forward to more!

-Mario

#7 Skwisgaar Skwigelf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationMordhaus

Posted 06 December 2011 - 10:53 AM

I remembered this being mentioned in the 20 Year Update when I read it last night

#8 Ghost

Com Guard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 10:57 AM

View PostSkwisgaar Skwigelf, on 06 December 2011 - 10:53 AM, said:

I remembered this being mentioned in the 20 Year Update when I read it last night

You've got a good memory! I pulled my info from the Field Manual Update (10976).

#9 Skwisgaar Skwigelf

• 1,136 posts
  • LocationMordhaus

Posted 06 December 2011 - 11:01 AM

I also just got the Update yesterday so I was devouring the info. Amazon is my friend.

#10 VEDRFOLNIR

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  • LocationMidwest USA

Posted 06 December 2011 - 11:20 AM

Yes, Thomas Marik seems to be quite the magician - transforming a realm constantly teetering on the edge of civil war to a unified state.

His military reforms were impressive, but his masterstroke is The Addendum to the Incorporation passed by Parliament in 3047, which basically rewrote the Free Worlds' League's constitution to consolidate the realm by removing provisions that had haunted the League for centuries.

#11 GI Journalist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Major
  • Senior Major
  • 595 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 08:44 PM

We're more than happy to accept defectors although loyalty will be determined by the friendliest of torture methods.

Specifically we'll be forcing you to watch a marathon of the Immortal Warrior holovid series. If you derive too much enjoyment from this wasteful display of capitalistic excess, we can't let you into the CCAF. We prefer pilots who derive their joy from putting rounds into targets, instead of the landscape, surrounding buildings, valuable infrastructure, irreplaceable Star League relics, et cetra.

Is there anything Ricardo Hunt hasn't blown up? Ammo doesn't grow on agricultural communes, you know!

#12 Iron Horse

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts
  • LocationIjima, Xinyang; Benjamin Military District, DC (IRL: Inglewood, CA)

Posted 06 December 2011 - 10:53 PM

View PostGI Journalist, on 06 December 2011 - 08:44 PM, said:

Specifically we'll be forcing you to watch a marathon of the Immortal Warrior holovid series. If you derive too much enjoyment from this wasteful display of capitalistic excess, we can't let you into the CCAF. We prefer pilots who derive their joy from putting rounds into targets, instead of the landscape, surrounding buildings, valuable infrastructure, irreplaceable Star League relics, et cetra.

Is there anything Ricardo Hunt hasn't blown up? Ammo doesn't grow on agricultural communes, you know!

Immortal Warrior! ROFLMAO!

#13 Dlardrageth

• 1,198 posts
  • LocationF.R.G.

Posted 07 December 2011 - 01:29 AM

Trust the FWL to be good to find some, actually, any sort of unrest... always. If it isn't religious one (*cough* WoB *cough*), we can surely fetch you some disgruntled FWLM unit or other. ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users