Flamers.

3 replies to this topic

#1 Pz_DC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Private
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 23 January 2016 - 04:07 AM

I'll be short - make flamers increase target's weapon heat by X% (20-30-values should be tuned).

P.S. And add faction colors to CW rank rewards :P

#2 KafkaSyrup

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 26 posts

Posted 24 January 2016 - 04:56 PM

First pass fix:

Make it a 100m range
5% damage increase
Decrease heat curve by 5%

It won't be enough to make it instantly balanced, but by some telemetry, you could get some indication of how much more people start to find them useful.

Also a few flamer perks might not hurt!

#3 Khosumi

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 136 posts
  • LocationQuebec, Canada

Posted 24 January 2016 - 05:17 PM

Where's ER and heavy flamers at?

#4 SockSlayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 24 January 2016 - 07:30 PM

Yet another flamer post...I'm surprised that nothing has been done to make them better, especially now since there has been more than a few posts made on them, and I even did a poll...34 for, and 2 against.

There have been many suggestions about what should be done, but I think the way to fix the flamer practically from a programming perspective(as well as easier), is to simply adjust what already exists in relation to the flamer (either change optimal range, max range, damage, heat to enemy, and/or heat to your mech).

Changes that would make sense include:

-Heat given to enemy mech increased by up to 2x, but nothing more than that.
-Damage boosted from 0.7 to 1 (mw4 had 1 damage).
-Keep optimal range what it is, but give max range a boost to 150m (150m was the range of the flamer in MechWarrior 4: Mercenaries)
-A combo of these(slight increase to range, heat given, and damage).

Buffs to the flamer would probably bring back interest in the weapon, and in the game as a whole(it would seriously for me, and probably others as well). Should also say that nerfing anything in a game, unless done carefully, will eventually influence players to leave since they feel like somehow the game has had the fun taken out of it(like the recent skill tree nerf might have?).

Also, why people are wanting quirks gone astounds me, to me they make certain mechs worth getting. I've enjoyed having 50% range boost on my flamers which is on my locust cause they are finally somewhat useful with more range.

Quirks are not to be hated, perhaps some have too many an others too few, but once balance right, quirks make things fun. That being said, if the quirks were completely removed, I'll be selling a lot of my mechs because they will be boring....

Overall, fun game and really hoping it will remain as such.

Edited by Independence MK2, 24 January 2016 - 07:36 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users