58 replies to this topic

#1 Tina Benoit

Community Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 817 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 11:09 AM

Hey MechWarriors!

We're asking for your help again to give us your best Vindicator build for the upcoming Vindicator Champion 'Mech!

Please post your suggested build using Smurfy, with whichever variant you'd like.
Remember to click the Like button at the bottom of a posted build which you would vote for!

The post with the most likes will be implemented.

Thank you very much for your contribution!

#2 Leone

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 26 January 2016 - 01:08 PM

VND-1X

I am unhappy with the idea of placing an XL engine in this mech, or placing so much rearward armour, but as it's designed for new players, I felt the need to re-position and survive a backshot was more important than my usual considerations.

2xAC5
2xML
1xAms
1xJJ
XL 200

~Leone

Edited by Leone, 26 January 2016 - 02:24 PM.

#3 Tuzson

• Pip
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 11 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 26 January 2016 - 01:33 PM

VND-1R

I genuinely love my St Ives Blues, even if Vindicators are not much of a threat usually.. but i have found this variant working so well for me, i guess you can not go wrong with LPL+ML combinations after all

#4 RighteousFury

• PipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 70 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 01:37 PM

MPL jumpy vindicator:

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...2c2e97749212395

Its actualy quite effective given its energy quirks (runs very cold for a pure MPL build) and its quite jumpy so it will survive better then most vindicators...

However the Vindicators are probably still amongst the weakest chassis in game if not the weakest...

(with the possible exception of the SIB which can bring 2 SRMs instead. Actualy increasing just the missile hardpoint number on the other variants by 1 might help a big deal more then some minor additional quirks... or the engine cap on most variants)

Edited by RighteousFury, 26 January 2016 - 01:39 PM.

#5 Juodas Varnas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 26 January 2016 - 01:38 PM

VND-1AA

The Vindicator, i'm personally most competent with.
2xPPCs give a nice amount of punch, while still being pretty cool (in comparison to ERPPCs that is).
2xMlas as back-up weapons when you're a bit too hot or lost the PPC arm, allows for that a extra damage you might require in the match.
5xJJs with XL250 allows for decent mobility and jump-capabilities (makes for an adequate mid-range jump-sniper)

Edited by Juodas Varnas, 26 January 2016 - 01:40 PM.

#6 KhanCipher

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 477 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 01:39 PM

VND-1AA

quite possibly the only thing the vindi can do.

#7 Av4tar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • LocationOcean 12

Posted 26 January 2016 - 01:48 PM

VDN-1AA

http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=207&l=1eab4d72b82394437e5f6f6b15b7f76edbd69218

Edited by Av4tar, 26 January 2016 - 01:49 PM.

#8 Vladosteron

• PipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 95 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 01:49 PM

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...b862490bf70d1b8

A nice PPC Poptart!

#9 Zeleglok

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 02:13 PM

Like... a fast version of a nice PPC poptart VND-1AA

#10 Gyrok

• Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 26 January 2016 - 02:21 PM

1AA: http://mwo.smurfy-ne...0671eb802b5fb86

2xPPC
2xML
2xJJ
XL295

#11 F37u5 Ea73r

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 19 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 02:22 PM

a fast jumpy all rounder.

VND-1X
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...e3bc4b8f77a9eed

Edited by F37u5 Ea73r, 26 January 2016 - 02:22 PM.

#12 Quicksilver Aberration

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,529 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 26 January 2016 - 02:49 PM

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...ade954c317d3911
Less worthless backup weapons and more noob friendly PPCs.

Though this mech really shouldn't have a champion considering how bad and unfriendly to new players it is.

Edit: Fixed armor distribution, made a little more forgiving about being disarmed (would prefer both ERPPCs in the same arm).

Edited by Quicksilver Kalasa, 26 January 2016 - 03:15 PM.

#13 The Shredder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 178 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 26 January 2016 - 03:24 PM

When I'm able to play well, the following is one of the 'Mechs I run around in.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...936d718a8f0057c

This 'Mech should not brawl. Muted color scheme recommended. Keep away from the fight as long as possible, plinking away with the missile rack. Snipe with the PPC when able, but if you can see them... get moving! Properly played, this little guy can rack up a surprising amount of damage. Bigger fan of the SIB, but... this has become a go-to 'Mech. REALLY good when combined with some solid team tactics.

#14 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 26 January 2016 - 03:40 PM

I'll leave this here, and then be told how bad it is later...
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...ddfc00a5174828a

2 PPCs
3 Sm Lasers for minimum range
Largest XL (would have prefered a Std engine, but XL gave too much benefit this time)
Max JJ
Max Armor (besides -2 points on the head)

A fast, agile jump PPCer. Get up into high places and do your work. Run and reposition as needed. No need to necessarily "shield side", which most new players don't do yet, and has balanced weapon placements to aid when an arm does get taken. Should run cool enough if each weapon is used in it's proper grouping.

(Based off my own in game, but that one runs with a Std engine, and 3 med lasers... Somehow...)

#15 Dracol

• The Steadfast
  • The Steadfast
  • 2,539 posts
  • LocationSW Florida

Posted 26 January 2016 - 03:50 PM

VND-1X

My unusual submission. The break down....

PPC
AC/5 w/ 60 rds
Med Pulse
11 Double Heatsinks
4 Jump Jets
XL 225

My reasoning...

I asked myself "What role do trial mechs play? " They introduce new players to the game, established players to a new mech, act as introduction to different play styles, and fills out CW drops decks.

For new players, an easy to use mech is often the best. 3 weapon groups max, easy heat management, effective at multiple engagement ranges, and durable would be key aspects a champion mech should posses.

With Vindicators being on the light side of the tonnage range, XL is almost always a requirement. The 1X is the sole Vindy with side torso defensive quirks. The combination of weapons gives it a wide engagement window and the 47% heat management makes it easy to stay away from overheating. The velocity bonus for both AC and PPC make landing shots easier.

The Vindy, in my opinion, is the representation of pop tarting in the medium bracket. The 15pt PPFLD is damaging without having heat management issues when cooling is stalled jump jetting around. Dual PPCs would better reflect the pop tart play style, however the heat management lends itself to more advanced players.

One final minor point, if a new player purchases a Champion 1X, they have a quirked missile slot to also play around with. This allows a single purchase, new user to experience more aspects of the game without further financial or time commitment.

#16 Quicksilver Aberration

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,529 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 26 January 2016 - 04:32 PM

Safer "bracket" build:
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...cd75b34bb3c3b98

Also plz do not allow the VND-1X, contender for worst mech in the game, to be a champion variant, for the love of all that is good.

#17 Tiamat of the Sea

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 04:41 PM

MWO:Mechlab - VND-1R

Here you go.

Full jump jets because if you have less than four you pretty much might as well only have one. Heavy close-combat loadout, and if you set the SRM and head laser on a separate weapons group, pretty easy to learn heat management. Standard engine helps durability as well.

I was really tempted to put a heavier, longer-range weapon on this, but that would have pretty much necessitated an XL engine excepting a combo of one large and several medium lasers. PPCs are a little prohibitively hot and heavy on a 'mech like this.

#18 Windscape

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • 755 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 04:58 PM

View PostQuickdraw Crobat, on 26 January 2016 - 04:41 PM, said:

MWO:Mechlab - VND-1R

Here you go.

Full jump jets because if you have less than four you pretty much might as well only have one. Heavy close-combat loadout, and if you set the SRM and head laser on a separate weapons group, pretty easy to learn heat management. Standard engine helps durability as well.

I was really tempted to put a heavier, longer-range weapon on this, but that would have pretty much necessitated an XL engine excepting a combo of one large and several medium lasers. PPCs are a little prohibitively hot and heavy on a 'mech like this.

i understand why you built it this way but it seems a bit underpowered... like a smaller Hunchie 4SP. just my opinion tho :)

#19 -Skyrider-

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 157 posts
  • Locationall about that Seattle life

Posted 26 January 2016 - 04:59 PM

VND-1AA

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...3802d147a5f1c4e

Fast, jump sniper with 2 ppcs and a med laser in the head
with the quirks on this mech you don't need very many heat-sinks to constantly shoot out the 2 ppcs
and should always engage at range so putting weight towards other weapons is a waste.
having both ppcs in different arms you don't have to worry about one of them being lower and hitting dirt as well as being able to lose one arm and still be functional.

#20 Tiamat of the Sea

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 05:00 PM

View PostWindscape, on 26 January 2016 - 04:58 PM, said:

i understand why you built it this way but it seems a bit underpowered... like a smaller Hunchie 4SP. just my opinion tho Posted Image

It's only short an SRM-6 from the SP, and it jumps, which makes it noticeably more agile. Frankly, it's not much of a loss in exchange for a smaller frame and the ability to catch some air.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users