Faction Play Tonnage Changes 26-Jan-2016

36 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,777 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 11:39 AM

Greetings MechWarriors,
Inner Sphere DropShip division Commanders have instituted the following change to their Faction Play tonnage limits:
All Inner Sphere Factions: DropDeck tonnage limits have been decreased from 265 tonnes to 260 tonnes until further notice.
All Clan Factions: DropDeck tonnage limits remain unchanged at 260 tonnes.

#2 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,883 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 26 January 2016 - 11:42 AM

Step in the right direction.

#3 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 26 January 2016 - 12:03 PM

Welp, time to rebuild the dropdeck.
Again.

#4 Jman5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 12:09 PM

Speaking of dropdecks. PGI, can you please improve the default drop decks for both Clans and IS? They are barely above the minimum tonnage. New players struggle enough in CW, giving them these dropdecks on top of everything else is just adding insult to injury.

Edited by Jman5, 26 January 2016 - 12:11 PM.

#5 Marc Crass

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 12:18 PM

What is next: add to Clans overlimit Dire Wolf? They had been so weak, of course, the rush of 12 Wolfs had been absolutely useless...

Edited by Marc Crass, 26 January 2016 - 12:20 PM.

#6 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 26 January 2016 - 12:34 PM

It's about freakin' time!

But I don't think it's going to save Community Warfare...the damage has been done.

#7 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 26 January 2016 - 12:49 PM

Sometimes you call it Community Warfare, sometimes you call it Faction Warfare, sometimes you call it Faction Play. You may want to stick to a single term, just to make it easier for new players to know what you're talking about.

#8 Polkastein

• PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR

Posted 26 January 2016 - 12:55 PM

Just drop it back to 240 like before, or limit drops to 1 of each weight class. Quit listening to the whiners PGI.

#9 Darwins Dog

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,476 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 01:02 PM

Small step in the right direction. My dream would be to see the deck limits change every one or two months. Give them a range between say 225 and 265. The added variety would be very interesting, though turrets and dropships might need to be adjusted.

Also +1 to making actual default drop decks instead of just the 2 lights and 2 meds that each faction has as trials.

#10 Sagamore

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 930 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 26 January 2016 - 01:19 PM

Darn I guess I won't be dropping in 2 Atlases anymore (lol). Blackjack and locust as 3rd and 4th mechs was ok but a Cicada won't cut it!

#11 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 26 January 2016 - 01:26 PM

LOL, just re-did all my drop decks last night for 265t.

Oh well.

GG Clanners well QQ'd :)

#12 Lyoto Machida

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 01:41 PM

Posted Image

#13 BurningJM

• Pip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 02:53 PM

Hmm i dont understand that : 2 times Tukayyid Winner Clan = nerf IS

I dont get that you a again cant see that the only problem is that the big/elite units, are not willing to choose one side and 1st tag the clan Planets and then switch sides to get the rest...one sad aspect is that many elite units crying for better oponents but are pretty good in alöways playing the same side to not fight each other...

the Problem of Clans are not that the mechs wont work, they are just bad in organizing each other as IS community does, cause teamplay with a bit of skill is the only op thing here! (not all wanna participate in TDR meta only which you probably will see more on the battlefield again)

In my opinion the only solution is to give cw a final goal (Clans conquer Terra / IS push them out of the inner Sphere maybe fight to homewrolds?) to force a map reset and maybe to force units/Players to choose a side Clan or IS with every actual map playing.(except loyalists they already took a choice)

Well i wont be heard for sure but i just ask you to keep the increase message ready as the clans will be in 2 or 3 weeks probably close to Terra again :-)

#14 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 26 January 2016 - 06:12 PM

STK-4N + STK-4N + BJ-1X + BJ-1X = 260 tons. (non-hot map)

STK-4N + JM6-DD + JM6-S + BJ-1X = 260 tons. (hot map)

My drop deck remains unaffected by this change. Posted Image

#15 Sagamore

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 930 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 26 January 2016 - 06:24 PM

It's because IS beat Clan in 8 streamed games, using all the super quirked mechs.

I'm sure this has been discussed ad nauseum but what I'd like to see is a "tax" on the problem/popular variants. A BV-like system would potentially mean that a 65-ton a Thunderbolt costs more to bring than a Catapult or Jager. This could even be an automated system based on supply and demand (ie. It's cheaper to deploy lesser used variants. The more often a mech is used, the higher its value goes up).

Edited by Sagamore, 26 January 2016 - 07:43 PM.

#16 Deathshade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 558 posts
  • Locationplaying Planetary / Community Warfare / Faction Warfare / Faction Play

Posted 26 January 2016 - 07:06 PM

How about changing the battles to all IS vs Clan only?

#17 Wildstreak

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 07:31 PM

How about just looking at certain quirked Mechs? 5 tons less is not really a fix.

View PostJman5, on 26 January 2016 - 12:09 PM, said:

Speaking of dropdecks. PGI, can you please improve the default drop decks for both Clans and IS? They are barely above the minimum tonnage. New players struggle enough in CW, giving them these dropdecks on top of everything else is just adding insult to injury.

Also need to allow the community to make more Champion Trials Mechs especially for Clans though there are some IS ones that need it too. Really, all those new folk runnign stock Ebon-Cs. Posted Image

#18 Boaz Roshak

• PipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 96 posts
  • LocationApperently , back on the island

Posted 27 January 2016 - 04:31 AM

Would have been nice if the announcement was not hours after the change.

As for changing default drop decks that's a great Idea, can we remove the default completely and just not allow for trial mechs please and thank you.

This would greatly improve the quality of play by requiring people to have been playing long enough to have a drop deck to even be in CW.

Edited by Boaz Roshak, 27 January 2016 - 04:32 AM.

#19 Rushin Roulette

• WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 27 January 2016 - 04:42 AM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 26 January 2016 - 12:49 PM, said:

Sometimes you call it Community Warfare, sometimes you call it Faction Warfare, sometimes you call it Faction Play. You may want to stick to a single term, just to make it easier for new players to know what you're talking about.

Yes, lets unify it at "Community Faction Warfare Play".

As for the change... personally Ive been running with 260 Tons this whole time (leveling 3 Marauders and the Huggin for those rage moments where I can go completely nuts and nibble my way through rear and leg armour... mostly from the opponents :D ).

#20 BloodMate

• PipPip
  • Marshal II
  • 29 posts
  • LocationOregon, USA

Posted 27 January 2016 - 04:51 AM

If you cry loud enough PGI will hear you.. if you're a clanner that is

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users