Feb Road = Inner Sphere Got Screwed Again

135 replies to this topic

#1 Terrorsdawn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 197 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 11:54 PM

After being excited but what PGI spoke about at the being of the year it didn't take them long to crush that feeling. PGI's choice to once again strip the Inner sphere of the quirks that give certain mechs an edge at specific roles makes no sense to me.

Yes the current state of the faction map sucks. The problem was not op mechs, it was big units rofl stomping around from house to house, creating huge imbalance in the factions. By nerfing, (hell they tottaly screwed) more inner sphere mechs, PGI is doing nothing to resolve the problems we have in the CW part of the game. They are doing nothing to help the game we are supporting with our money.

When I buy a product, (yes each mech, mech pack or bundle we buy is a product) we buy it for certain reasons. To have the people that sold it to us decide they want to screw with it, change it or modify it, they are changing the product. I am sick of ending up with mechs, I once loved stripped and sitting in my warehouse waiting for them to maybe one day be restored to something close to what I bought in the first place. I feel like I have been the victim of a bate and switch scam. In all honesty that is what PGI is doing to all of us. Small changes related to defects, like bugged hit boxes, are ok but taking away the quirks that gave the mech a role to play is not. Would you by a sports car and be happy they updated it with a patch that gave you great millage but did 0 to 60 in 16 secs.

Then in the same road map to tell us they are giving clan mech's improved targeting computers. What a bunch of BS. Now my sports car is getting beat off the line by a Yaris. Wow guess I should spend a crap load of money on a whole new line of Clan mechs. Oh wait PGI will decide down the road to nerf that stuff because Inner Sphere has decided not to play CW any more. What a horrible way to treat us their paying customers.

As it stands now there is no reason to buy anything PGI is selling. All mechs will run the same basic builds. There is no spice or flavor left to draw me in to purchasing any more mechs from PGI. If we stop buying wieners maybe we can get some steaks put on the shelf.

CW phase 3 holds a hint of promise as far as game play and leveling the field but ruining mechs by nerfing their quirks is leading us back to that dark place we hated. PGI is doing the wrong thing at this time and it will not help the game in any way as far as balance.

#2 Mahpsy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 293 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 12:02 AM

View PostTerrorsdawn, on 29 January 2016 - 11:54 PM, said:

After being excited but what PGI spoke about at the being of the year it didn't take them long to crush that feeling. PGI's choice to once again strip the Inner sphere of the quirks that give certain mechs an edge at specific roles makes no sense to me.

Yes the current state of the faction map sucks. The problem was not op mechs, it was big units rofl stomping around from house to house, creating huge imbalance in the factions. By nerfing, (hell they tottaly screwed) more inner sphere mechs, PGI is doing nothing to resolve the problems we have in the CW part of the game. They are doing nothing to help the game we are supporting with our money.

When I buy a product, (yes each mech, mech pack or bundle we buy is a product) we buy it for certain reasons. To have the people that sold it to us decide they want to screw with it, change it or modify it, they are changing the product. I am sick of ending up with mechs, I once loved stripped and sitting in my warehouse waiting for them to maybe one day be restored to something close to what I bought in the first place. I feel like I have been the victim of a bate and switch scam. In all honesty that is what PGI is doing to all of us. Small changes related to defects, like bugged hit boxes, are ok but taking away the quirks that gave the mech a role to play is not. Would you by a sports car and be happy they updated it with a patch that gave you great millage but did 0 to 60 in 16 secs.

Then in the same road map to tell us they are giving clan mech's improved targeting computers. What a bunch of BS. Now my sports car is getting beat off the line by a Yaris. Wow guess I should spend a crap load of money on a whole new line of Clan mechs. Oh wait PGI will decide down the road to nerf that stuff because Inner Sphere has decided not to play CW any more. What a horrible way to treat us their paying customers.

As it stands now there is no reason to buy anything PGI is selling. All mechs will run the same basic builds. There is no spice or flavor left to draw me in to purchasing any more mechs from PGI. If we stop buying wieners maybe we can get some steaks put on the shelf.

CW phase 3 holds a hint of promise as far as game play and leveling the field but ruining mechs by nerfing their quirks is leading us back to that dark place we hated. PGI is doing the wrong thing at this time and it will not help the game in any way as far as balance.

Umm yeah there are large groups in CW that rofl stomp. But IS quirks where too much, there is no arguing this.

#3 feeWAIVER

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,643 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 12:03 AM

meh, it'll be fine.

I'm interested to hear exactly how flamers will be buffed?

#4 DAYLEET

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 30 January 2016 - 12:10 AM

If they can convince Clanners to equip a ClanTC other than the mk1 then they will have to lower something, weapon or heatsink, that's probably the point. We will see how this actually affect balance.

Edited by DAYLEET, 30 January 2016 - 12:12 AM.

#5 Hit the Deck

• 4,677 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 30 January 2016 - 12:14 AM

Just buy all Mechs. That way, it's guaranteed that you will always some which are OP.

Emotionally attached to a Mech because of its quirks is a bit ridiculous so don't fall into the trap.

#6 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,782 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 12:14 AM

When I buy a product, (yes each mech, mech pack or bundle we buy is a product) we buy it for certain reasons. To have the people that sold it to us decide they want to screw with it, change it or modify it, they are changing the product.
I feel like I have been the victim of a bate and switch scam. In all honesty that is what PGI is doing to all of us.
Would you by a sports car and be happy they updated it with a patch that gave you great millage but did 0 to 60 in 16 secs.
Oh wait PGI will decide down the road to nerf that stuff because Inner Sphere has decided not to play CW any more. What a horrible way to treat us their paying customers.

You personally agreed with Terms of Use. Specifically, from your free will you agreed with this part:

2. Content. We may, from time to time at our sole discretion and without notice or liability, create, amend, change, or delete any content from the PGI Offerings.

Now it's too late for complaints. In advance they told you that they can change whatever they want, any way they want, whenever they want, and you accepted it.

Edited by martian, 30 January 2016 - 12:16 AM.

#7 MauttyKoray

• 2,831 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 12:17 AM

So...fixing the overquirked BJs, and tonimg down the broken Laser ranges (lets face it anything above 10% was a lot) is the IS getting shafted? Meanwhile the underperforming clan mechs getting quirked...FINALLY, is wrong? (and yes the negative quirks are disappearing but let's face it, negative quirks are a bad idea)

IS mechs aren't getting screwed over at all. Just like the 3ERPPC TDR, the BJ got an overquirk and its being fixed.

There are IS laser mechs that currently far outrange (EFFECTIVELY) clans with laser boating.

Yes, IS is getting SO shafted. Meanwhile I'll enjoy my Clan and IS mechs now that the terrorizing blackjacks aren't dancing with heavies and assaults, and the IS snipers aren't sitting in the back ripping pieces of my mechs.

#8 InspectorG

• The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 4,469 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio

Posted 30 January 2016 - 12:18 AM

When I buy a product, (yes each mech, mech pack or bundle we buy is a product) we buy it for certain reasons. To have the people that sold it to us decide they want to screw with it, change it or modify it, they are changing the product. I am sick of ending up with mechs, I once loved stripped and sitting in my warehouse waiting for them to maybe one day be restored to something close to what I bought in the first place. .....

As it stands now there is no reason to buy anything PGI is selling.

You didnt read the terms of service did ya?

You didnt 'buy a product', you rent an asset that PGI can change at will with no notice.

Pretty standard practice for online games.

Also, big secret here: MWO will never be balanced. Particularly if new content is injected.

#9 Champion of Khorne Lord of Blood

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 12:18 AM

When people first bought the Wave I clan packs they got nerfed hard, now IS mechs are getting their beating from the nerf bat. Its the same thing, that's how balance works.

#10 Terrorsdawn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 197 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 12:48 AM

Not saying PGI doesn't have the right to do so under the terms of service. I'm saying it is a bad way to fix the problems they are trying to address. Just because they have the right to make changes as they see fit doesn't mean I have to like the changes they make. I also have the right to speak out about it.

Edited by Terrorsdawn, 30 January 2016 - 12:56 AM.

#11 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 30 January 2016 - 12:54 AM

Entire PGI balancing in a nutshell: Kneejerk FTW.

Posted Image

#firepaul Posted Image

Edited by El Bandito, 30 January 2016 - 05:44 AM.

#12 Aresye

• Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 12:57 AM

View PostHit the Deck, on 30 January 2016 - 12:14 AM, said:

Emotionally attached to a Mech because of its quirks is a bit ridiculous so don't fall into the trap.

Posted Image

As for the OP, why is it when all the big units are on Clan side, the reason Clans are winning is because, "Clan mechs OP," yet when IS is stomping Clans because the big units are IS, it's because, "All the big units are IS?"

It's a small change for most mechs. The RVN-4X and a few other mega-ranged mechs will suffer from the nerf to energy range, but all in all these changes are actually relatively small, and we should be pleased PGI is focusing on smaller changes, and not as many all at once.

#13 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 30 January 2016 - 01:11 AM

View PostAresye, on 30 January 2016 - 12:57 AM, said:

Posted Image

As for the OP, why is it when all the big units are on Clan side, the reason Clans are winning is because, "Clan mechs OP," yet when IS is stomping Clans because the big units are IS, it's because, "All the big units are IS?"

It's a small change for most mechs. The RVN-4X and a few other mega-ranged mechs will suffer from the nerf to energy range, but all in all these changes are actually relatively small, and we should be pleased PGI is focusing on smaller changes, and not as many all at once.

I'm an IS purist, but even I can see that some of our mechs are way out of line.

I'm not a big fan of this whole requirkenings, i believe they should focus on balancing the techs themselves (clan vs IS) first. Once that's done, they can look into the underperforming mechs and throwing them a bone.

#14 NextGame

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,071 posts
  • LocationHaggis Country

Posted 30 January 2016 - 01:13 AM

Dont see how IS are getting screwed, but Feb Roadmap = nothing worthwhile actually getting implemented.

#15 patataman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Sho-sa
  • Sho-sa
  • 464 posts
  • LocationA Vindicator cockpit near you

Posted 30 January 2016 - 01:40 AM

Using quirks was a mistake for most mechs. Yes, a few underperformers from both the IS and clan stables needed something else to keep them out of the terribad zone. But you can count them with the fingers in your hands. The rest didn't need anything and were overquirked.

#16 Lykaon

• 3,815 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 01:49 AM

It was by no small margin the fault of over quirking that caused the Clan defeats. You mean to tell me that Blackjacks with structure quirks that give them the internal structure on a TWICE it's tonnage wasn't too much? And the BJ was not the only one. Where was it decided that the clan energy weapons were to become inferior in range to quirked I.S. weapons? or why?

I have during the course of this latest balance pass played CW as inner sphere and as clans. And I can tell you from that broadened perspective it was the quirks that cause a great deal of the issues.

Placing the blame on player units is utter and complete grade "A" B.S. during the course of all of the CW I played during this last balance pass I would estimate that my unit played groups larger than 6 less than 40% of the time. I would also estimate our clan victories being at around 30% lower than I.S. victories. And it wasn't because of getting ROFLstomped by 'BIG" units.

So where are these BIG roflstomping units?

maybe it was SWOL? you know the clan Wolf "BIG" unit that defected to I.S. factions because they were sick of dealing with beating the brick wall of Inner Sphere quirks. And they were not the only unit to flip to Inner Sphere as a result of "The quirkening II the REVENGE!"

So if several of the larger clan units felt it was neccissary to switch faction because of the quirks how was it that the 'big units" were the ones causing the problem?

It was the QUIRKS that robbed the clan faction of it's larger units by effectivley forcing a defection. And ya know what...good on them for doing it because the CW map tells it plainly for all to see. Something needed to be done to restore some actual balance.

#17 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 01:53 AM

So those ERLL mechs that you could only do well in against unorganized clan pugs running trial mech is going to get put in line?

Whoopty doo Basil.

#18 TheCharlatan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 02:07 AM

Someone understood if the 10% limit is to "energy weapons" quirks or to the combined quirks like 10% range+10% medium laser range?
I don't care about the nerf in itself (i don't even use ER-LL on most mechs), but some bad mechs get a lot of mileage out of 20% medium laser range (10%+10%).

#19 Chuck Jager

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,031 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 03:08 AM

View PostTheCharlatan, on 30 January 2016 - 02:07 AM, said:

Someone understood if the 10% limit is to "energy weapons" quirks or to the combined quirks like 10% range+10% medium laser range?
I don't care about the nerf in itself (i don't even use ER-LL on most mechs), but some bad mechs get a lot of mileage out of 20% medium laser range (10%+10%).

You be right on my friend. I have a feeling this was vague for a reason. I have an IS and a Clan account and will play with whatever is strongest. It only matters for lore fairy tail fans and CW which is less than playing to win while having fun. Just google where the units are going and join them it is a legal exploit.

#20 Lupis Volk

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 2,126 posts
  • LocationIn the cockpit of the nearest Light Battlemech.

Posted 30 January 2016 - 03:12 AM

Gotta love PGI. ubermensch Clanners cry for a blanket IS nerf. While IS players call for over the top IS mechs to be tonned down. PGI listens to the loyal ubermensch and give the IS a blanket nerf. Dear god PGI is testing my patience. I left one online game due to over the top knee jerk nerfing and pandering to one faction (or in this mentions case national group)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users