- - - - -

Is There A Way To Get A Free Mech Bay?

28 replies to this topic

#1 Paqu

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 45 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 07:28 AM

And no Iam not asking this because Iam too cheap to buy MC to get one. Iam asking this because the payment site to buy MC doesn't work with any browser I have tryed so far (Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer).

I have already sent a support ticket for this matter, but the problem is that the sale for the Hellbringer will end within 26 hours and if I dont get it by then I have to pay ~4 million extra for it which would suck. I have two variants of it already and would be nice to get the third to be able to elite one.

#2 The Mecha Streisand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 245 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 07:31 AM

Free mech bay? EASY. Play about FOUR CW matches with a particular faction. SIX AT MOST on a bad day. BAM! Free mech bay. (Comes with rank 2 for each of the ten factions, which means 10 free mech bays very EASILY obtainable. And again at rank 6, and at rank 10, and at 14, and at 18. That's a LOT of mech bays for free.)

#3 Kurbeks

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 337 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 07:50 AM

Also you get some mechs bays in events. But you won't get until sale lasts

#4 Irishtoker

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 102 posts
  • LocationIn a hole at the bottom of the Nexus.

Posted 31 January 2016 - 09:01 AM

View PostThe Mecha Streisand, on 31 January 2016 - 07:31 AM, said:

Free mech bay? EASY. Play about FOUR CW matches with a particular faction. SIX AT MOST on a bad day. BAM! Free mech bay. (Comes with rank 2 for each of the ten factions, which means 10 free mech bays very EASILY obtainable. And again at rank 6, and at rank 10, and at 14, and at 18. That's a LOT of mech bays for free.)

You hit it, right on.

#5 Paqu

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 45 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 09:16 AM

View PostThe Mecha Streisand, on 31 January 2016 - 07:31 AM, said:

Thanks. I will do that even tho I wasn't planning to take part on CW for a long time.

#6 Oldbob10025

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 831 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationOldfolks home

Posted 31 January 2016 - 11:52 AM

Yes here is a video I made on how to get free mech bays or ways to get them...

#7 Paqu

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 45 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 11:15 PM

View PostOldbob10025, on 31 January 2016 - 11:52 AM, said:

Yes here is a video I made on how to get free mech bays or ways to get them...

Funny thing is that I have actually subscribed to your channel and actually searched for "how to get free mechbay" and vatiants of it on youtube and google but that video or any topic of it didn't show up. Seems like once you add "s" (how to get free mechbays) then it does...

Anyways I played 3 rounds on CW and got my mechbay. However I have to say that my experience on CW was not very good. Lots of camping and waiting and once its clear your team is just getting steamrolled the match still goes on and on for a long time. At least on quick matches you know the round wont last too long.

Also I think I only saw couple projectile weapons there and maybe someone with missiles. Everyone else was just running with lasers which did felt quite lame.

#8 The Basilisk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,270 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 31 January 2016 - 11:37 PM

View PostPaqu, on 31 January 2016 - 11:15 PM, said:

Funny thing is that I have actually subscribed to your channel and actually searched for "how to get free mechbay" and vatiants of it on youtube and google but that video or any topic of it didn't show up. Seems like once you add "s" (how to get free mechbays) then it does...

Anyways I played 3 rounds on CW and got my mechbay. However I have to say that my experience on CW was not very good. Lots of camping and waiting and once its clear your team is just getting steamrolled the match still goes on and on for a long time. At least on quick matches you know the round wont last too long.

Also I think I only saw couple projectile weapons there and maybe someone with missiles. Everyone else was just running with lasers which did felt quite lame.

Wait till you meet the PPC and Gauss meta builds of some Units.
Or the lightrushes.....ahhhhh the lightrushes...things of beauty...totaly fun if you are on defense.
Thats where the fun realy starts.
Especially if you got only half the frame rates on CW maps that you get on PuG maps.

If you are on IS side you see either PPC and Gauss Dires, dakka Dires or you get melted on "The Pyre of Everlasting Clan Laser Vomit" Posted Image
Naaaa I'm exaggeratin a little tiny itty bitty bit.
CW is totaly fun........Posted Image Realyrealy.

#9 Leone

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 31 January 2016 - 11:44 PM

However I have to say that my experience on CW was not very good. Lots of camping and waiting and once its clear your team is just getting steamrolled the match still goes on and on for a long time.

It is an issue with having no match maker. Actually alotta my own mech designs an gameplay style comes from trying to make the best of those matches an figuring out how to deal as much damage to the enemy whilest my team is melting

People tend to think the meta is the best way to play, so you will see plenty of laser builds. Every once in awhile you see a unit do something awesome like a ten atlas rush however. Matches like that make it worth it for me.

~Leone

#10 DGTLDaemon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 746 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 01 February 2016 - 12:19 AM

View PostLeone, on 31 January 2016 - 11:44 PM, said:

Actually alotta my own mech designs an gameplay style comes from trying to make the best of those matches an figuring out how to deal as much damage to the enemy whilest my team is melting.

Ah, it's even more fun for a new player to suddenly find himself in an experienced team fighting against an obviously weak team. "C'mon, guys, don't kill them all at once, leave something for me Posted Image Let me at least get a kill assist in before you shred everything that moves Posted Image". And yeah, I am seeing a lot of laser vomit in CW, too. Much more than in PUG queues.

#11 Leone

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 01 February 2016 - 12:41 AM

I'll let you in on a secret. Aggression.

Usually when newfolk drop with us an get low scores it's cuz they're too used to the hide an poke passive style of gameplay and end up missing alotta the fight. With experienced units, even the defensive ones are always looking to reposition or get a better firing solution. In order to keep up, you gotta be right there on the front lines.

You've got four mechs, don't spare em. Granted, with some units you can be too aggresive, but you'll know when that happens, an can hopefully curb your aggressive tendencies on your next mech.

I love having spares.

~Leone.

Edited by Leone, 01 February 2016 - 12:42 AM.

#12 DGTLDaemon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 746 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 01 February 2016 - 12:54 AM

View PostLeone, on 01 February 2016 - 12:41 AM, said:

In my limited experience, it's more about coordination than aggression. When you drop with a large unit and there's not a single word in the team chat or in-game VOIP, you know they're on teamspeak, and you are out of the loop. Not much point in being aggressive when you don't know where targets are or which way they are pushing/retreating/repositioning. When team captains actually take their time to communicate with everyone, and not just the folks on their unit, it works just fine :)

But back to the original topic of this thread: for those grinding mechbays in CW like myself, I'd strongly recommend also going for Rank 3 in whichever faction you are with. It's within easy reach of Rank 2, and will give you a hefty GXP bonus. Since you can't break your contract immediately after you get your first mechbay, you might as well put the remaining time to use. The next mechbay, however, comes at Rank 6, and that would require a much more significant investment of time and effort.

Edited by DGTLDaemon, 01 February 2016 - 12:59 AM.

#13 Paqu

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 45 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 01:45 AM

View PostThe Basilisk, on 31 January 2016 - 11:37 PM, said:

Wait till you meet the PPC and Gauss meta builds of some Units.
Or the lightrushes.....ahhhhh the lightrushes...things of beauty...totaly fun if you are on defense.
Thats where the fun realy starts.
Especially if you got only half the frame rates on CW maps that you get on PuG maps.

If you are on IS side you see either PPC and Gauss Dires, dakka Dires or you get melted on "The Pyre of Everlasting Clan Laser Vomit" Posted Image
Naaaa I'm exaggeratin a little tiny itty bitty bit.
CW is totaly fun........Posted Image Realyrealy.

Well luckily I play on the Clan side so I guess I wont be facing those. Posted Image
Also my framerate seemed to stay on 60 for the most part so at least that is not a problem for me.

View PostLeone, on 01 February 2016 - 12:41 AM, said:

Usually when newfolk drop with us an get low scores it's cuz they're too used to the hide an poke passive style of gameplay and end up missing alotta the fight. With experienced units, even the defensive ones are always looking to reposition or get a better firing solution. In order to keep up, you gotta be right there on the front lines.

You've got four mechs, don't spare em. Granted, with some units you can be too aggresive, but you'll know when that happens, an can hopefully curb your aggressive tendencies on your next mech.

I love having spares.

~Leone.

I feel like I pulled my part at least when it comes to damage. I saw the best ones pulling around 2000-2500 damage and the lowest being around 600-700 while my damage on all three games were around 1000-1300. Sure I played quite carefull and hanged more on the back as I had no idea where the enemy might be coming from at those new maps and overall since I wasn't sure what exactly are we supposed to do here.

My mechs were Shadow Cat, Stormcrow and two Hellbringers. However only two of them were any "good" (Stormcrow and one of the Hellbringers) since I couldn't afford to kit them all out the way I might have wanted so I just slapped some extra weapons I had on them to get my deck full.

View PostDGTLDaemon, on 01 February 2016 - 12:54 AM, said:

In my limited experience, it's more about coordination than aggression. When you drop with a large unit and there's not a single word in the team chat or in-game VOIP, you know they're on teamspeak, and you are out of the loop. Not much point in being aggressive when you don't know where targets are or which way they are pushing/retreating/repositioning. When team captains actually take their time to communicate with everyone, and not just the folks on their unit, it works just fine Posted Image

But back to the original topic of this thread: for those grinding mechbays in CW like myself, I'd strongly recommend also going for Rank 3 in whichever faction you are with. It's within easy reach of Rank 2, and will give you a hefty GXP bonus. Since you can't break your contract immediately after you get your first mechbay, you might as well put the remaining time to use. The next mechbay, however, comes at Rank 6, and that would require a much more significant investment of time and effort.

Yeah didn't hear anyone talking. Not that I hear anyone talking on quick matches either so nothing new there.

Thanks for the tip. I'll play a bit more to get to level 3 then and switch to another faction once the contract ends. In the meantime I dont mind buying more mechbays if they just get the issue of purchasing MC fixed tho.

#14 DGTLDaemon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 746 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 01 February 2016 - 01:54 AM

View PostPaqu, on 01 February 2016 - 01:45 AM, said:

I feel like I pulled my part at least when it comes to damage. I saw the best ones pulling around 2000-2500 damage and the lowest being around 600-700 while my damage on all three games were around 1000-1300.

Yep, that's what I consider good effort, too, although my average damage numbers have started shifting towards the region of 1300-1500 now that I've spend almost a week in CW. I am surprised that you were able to get Rank 2 in just 3 matches, though. It would imply about 700 loyalty points per match, and doing it three times in a row takes a lot of effort and some luck, at least for me. Good job :)

Edited by DGTLDaemon, 01 February 2016 - 02:04 AM.

#15 Paqu

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 45 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 02:46 AM

View PostDGTLDaemon, on 01 February 2016 - 01:54 AM, said:

Yep, that's what I consider good effort, too, although my average damage numbers have started shifting towards the region of 1300-1500 now that I've spend almost a week in CW. I am surprised that you were able to get Rank 2 in just 3 matches, though. It would imply about 700 loyalty points per match, and doing it three times in a row takes a lot of effort and some luck, at least for me. Good job Posted Image

Thanks, maybe I just got lucky. Two of the matches were defeat (by getting steamrolled quite badly) and one fairly close victory.

#16 Oldbob10025

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 831 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationOldfolks home

Posted 01 February 2016 - 04:36 AM

Glad I could help you with my video. I know myself in CW I quit playing due to the fact there is no real reward in playing and fighting groups that have every knook and cranny covered with fire lines and also just camp your spawn is not very much fun for me as I do like a challange but to be beat down every game to a pulp is not very much fun...

#17 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 08:41 AM

something must be screwed up on your end.. I have used chrome with no issues. Contact support, typically it takes a couple days, but they are pretty good.

#18 Paqu

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 45 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 09:36 AM

View PostJC Daxion, on 01 February 2016 - 08:41 AM, said:

something must be screwed up on your end.. I have used chrome with no issues. Contact support, typically it takes a couple days, but they are pretty good.

As I mention on the first post I have already contacted support and waiting for a reply.

Also clearly Iam not the only one having this issue:
https://mwomercs.com...re-not-working/

#19 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 10:37 AM

Odd... i just picked up MC on my alt account and had no issues using Chrome though it was a few weeks ago, maybe they are having server issues?

I wonder if they have phone support, perhaps you can contact them that way.. maybe Tina to the rescue! no clue what the issue could be though, i have seen many people say they just bought MC, or packages, Bummer to be sure.

PS, i'm working on hell bringers too! But yea, give the CW a try,, maybe you can grab a bay this evening.. :)

Edited by JC Daxion, 01 February 2016 - 10:39 AM.

#20 Paqu

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 45 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 03:56 PM

Got a respond from the support:

Hey there,
I looked into this and it seems that there was a minor issue causing some folks to run into issues when purchasing MC over this weekend on mwomercs.com, however this has now been rectified and you should be able to purchase MC through the store again as intended.

And now its working.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users