Most Active Clans? Cw

24 replies to this topic

#1 Psyconic

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 01:11 PM

I was just wanting to know what clans are the most active in CW at the moment?

#2 Duvanor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 477 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 01:49 PM

Short answer: none.

Longer answer: I think Jaguars and Bears are out at the moment. Falcons and Wolves at least try to attack and might recover. I hope there will be more activity when we get CW3 or some units switch back after the next quirk passes just to try the new balance. That might change things.

until then, if you want to join a clanfaction, try Wolf or Falcon. You will get your share of drops there..

#3 Star Wolves Admin Account

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 01:54 PM

Star Wolves fields 1-2 12 mans every night on the clan side but we are not interested in the planet game right now.

With the help of MercStar and CWI we surrounded terra and then nothing happened except a map reset.

Wolf is active but most units really don't care about the glory of holding pointless planets at this point.

#4 Stormie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 279 posts
  • LocationPerth, Australia

Posted 31 January 2016 - 08:08 PM

Bears are having a bit of a resurgence at the moment.

#5 MercJ

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 184 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 08:01 AM

The Alpha Wolves are spending February to try and help Clan Wolf gain some ground. Planets don't matter much, but the state of the CW map was making us sad :( If nothing else, it should help open up some attack lanes and get some more interesting fights all-around.

#6 Chemistrius

• PipPip
  • The Decimator
  • The Decimator
  • 47 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 08:59 AM

Just as an add here:

If all clans push at the same time, they will make ground and keep most of it.

#7 Natural Predator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 690 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 10:38 AM

Clan ghost bear right now is growing. We have been doing weekly faction drops and have been making a good accounting of ourselves.

#8 Crockdaddy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSaint Louis

Posted 01 February 2016 - 10:45 AM

I wish you guys would hurry up. I'd really like to get back to Kurita sometime this year.

#9 Bjorn Coston

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 212 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 03:05 PM

I'd say mainly Clans Wolf and Jade Falcon. Though Ghost Bears have been starting to come out of hibernation for more salmon.

#10 Leone

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 02 February 2016 - 09:22 AM

The past has been very much a Clan Jade Falcon, Clan Wolf Thing. Kell's Commandos is currently taking up arms under Clan Ghost Bear however, and in the short run, things may pick up for them.

~Leone, of Kell's Commandos

#11 Jaroth Corbett

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,250 posts
  • LocationSmoke Jaguar OZ

Posted 02 February 2016 - 02:02 PM

View PostDuvanor, on 31 January 2016 - 01:49 PM, said:

Short answer: none.

Longer answer: I think Jaguars and Bears are out at the moment. Falcons and Wolves at least try to attack and might recover. I hope there will be more activity when we get CW3 or some units switch back after the next quirk passes just to try the new balance. That might change things.

until then, if you want to join a clanfaction, try Wolf or Falcon. You will get your share of drops there..

Excuse you? The Jaguars, have been fighting from the start of CW. We might have had low numbers but that is improving after the Steam launch. Numbers aside, we have been present fighting whenever & wherever we can. We do not speak for other factions so kindly do us the courtesy of not speaking for us.

#12 Memnon Valerius Thrax

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 766 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 02 February 2016 - 02:16 PM

i agree

the 19th Strikers attack for CSJ all the time. Atm the Falcs and Wolves are ded cuz all Units joined IS.
But we have still some (*fun*) in our sector.
waiting for the REAL Rebalance this month and for CW B3

#13 Xoxim SC

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Universe
  • The Universe
  • 453 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 03:08 PM

Speaking of CW, what's the point? There doesn't seem to be any advantage to participating. Not to mention the firing line, and bum rush objectives/tactics thing seems rather mundane, and monotonous.

#14 Memnon Valerius Thrax

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 766 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 02 February 2016 - 03:13 PM

more fun as everytime the same public brawl tactics and maps.

but i see your point. atm the whole game is useless.

#15 Duvanor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 477 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 04:36 PM

View PostJaroth Corbett, on 02 February 2016 - 02:02 PM, said:

Excuse you? The Jaguars, have been fighting from the start of CW. We might have had low numbers but that is improving after the Steam launch. Numbers aside, we have been present fighting whenever & wherever we can. We do not speak for other factions so kindly do us the courtesy of not speaking for us.

The question was about all factions and it is impossible to answer that without talking about all factions. Like you said, the Jaguars do not have the numbers to be very active although there are, like in Clan Ghost Bear, active units and players. But i have not seen them doing very much besides defending for a long time, so I did not consider them as the most active faction out of the four. If that is changing now I am glad to hear it and apologize for my statement.

Edit: One should not forget that CW is always subject to change. Jaguars got MS now, so they will be a very active faction at least as they stay. KCom will give the Bears a good influx of activity. But those units joining the corresponding factions are recent developments.

Looking at the CW map one can see Jaguars gaining territory now, Bears seem stable at 3 planets, but probably make some gains with KCom and Wolf is trading planets with FRR, who as usual are facusing on us. Not much activity is seen at the falcon border (although I am sure there are fights taking place). Despite that Falcons and Wolfs will probably have the biggest numbers in the long run, simply because they are the most popular Clans in the novels and Mechwarrior 2. And yeah, Ghostbears had some great novels too and the Jags were big in MW3, I will not forget about that.

So as an addendum for the OP: Activity in Factions might change very quickly, depending on the choices of individual units. If you want to join a Clan Faction, just pick one and you will get defensive drops no matter what. If you want to have guaranteed drops with players of your faction and play organized, join a unit. Every Clan has some.

Edited by Duvanor, 02 February 2016 - 04:48 PM.

#16 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 08 January 2017 - 10:05 PM

MercStar has currently taken a contract with Smoke Jaguar and is active every night.

#17 Stormie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 279 posts
  • LocationPerth, Australia

Posted 09 January 2017 - 01:59 AM

this thread is almost a year old...

#18 Aria Wolfe

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 09 January 2017 - 03:29 AM

And yet new pilots are joining MWO all the time and scrolling through the forums so I bumped it by mentioning that ARC7 is an active FW unit, as did another unit. Let's make FW great again! :)

#19 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 09 January 2017 - 03:39 AM

Posted Image

While we're here: are there any big, active merc units that consistently field FP teams, with drop commanders?

Sadly I and my unit's leadership could not quite get my own unit to this point of critical mass. So some kind of merger is probably the best path forward for those of us who want to play FP with a degree of seriousness.

Edited by Appogee, 09 January 2017 - 03:39 AM.

#20 Carl Vickers

• The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 2,649 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 09 January 2017 - 03:40 AM

View PostAria Wolfe, on 09 January 2017 - 03:29 AM, said:

And yet new pilots are joining MWO all the time and scrolling through the forums so I bumped it by mentioning that ARC7 is an active FW unit, as did another unit. Let's make FW great again! Posted Image

So you neccro a thread instead of starting your very own thread, you and your unit will go far.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users