Payload Tonnage

1 reply to this topic

#1 Alteran

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 298 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 05:57 PM

I don't know if this section is still being used or examined by PGI, but here goes.

Payload tonnage for the Executioner is literally worse than a Timberwolf/Ebon Jaguar. Hands down it is terrible. Caveat: I'm building these Mechs with 2 ballistic hard points and the rest with laser/missile HP's. As such, omnipods are configured to give the best load outs for these types of builds for the Timber and EJ.

On my Ebon Jaguar, I can fit 2 UAC 10's, 4 ERSL, 5.5 tons of UAC10 ammo and a MK1 TC. That's 28.5 tons of space to play with. AND... that's with full armor.

My Timberwolf is worse off with only 25.5 tons of room. If the build is configured with stock Prime omnipods (to get rid of the hard coded JJ's) the build allows for 28 tons of space... still worse than the EJ.

The best I can do with an Executioner is: 25 tons. It does not matter which omnipods are used, it's 25 tons.

If you want to make this an actual Assault mech that people will use instead of collecting dust, unlock the hard coded JJ's and MASC. I'd argue the merits of the engine, but I really don't want to waste my time. 8 tons of pod space on this mech would turn it into the monster it is supposed to be. Leaving it a second rate laser boat is a pure waste. Hell re-configure the tonnage values for the frame... I don't care, just make this a mech worth running, please. =)

#2 Bassie

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 67 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 09:30 PM

I agree that this mech 1. Gathers dust, and 2. Hasn't got enough space for weapons.

I understand that it may change in the next patch - masc is getting revised and clan mechs are having their quirks reviewed. A possible alternative to opening up more pod space would be some rather dramatic quirks. This approach would also provide a point of difference between the variants. Currently, there is none, and the d-omnipods get used across all centre torsos.

I wonder how feasible changing some hardpoints would be? There are a lot of torso pods with no hardpoints, no quirks, same tonnage as the hardpoint-featuring equivalents. Basically, no reason at all to take them. Could they offer quirks or savings in tonnage?

Something like allowing a third large laser (be it pulse or er) to be fired without ghost heat would give this mech a meaningful point of difference from other mechs, and open builds.
I find it really hard to run ballistics on this mech - noting that others do. In part this is due to the 'standard' ac's not really being worth their tonnes compared to the ultra or inner sphere equivalent. Quirks reducing jam rate on ultras, or increasing velocity may make the ballistic builds more viable.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the next patch as I really, really want to love my exes.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users