What Happened Clan Wolf?

106 replies to this topic

#1 Mightyrant

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 59 posts

Posted 13 February 2016 - 09:46 PM

After CW beta 2 closed, I was ready to see clan wolf spring back into the same place of honor it had been in holding the planets around terra. I left for a month and I return to a broken clan holding 2 planet's. We are the greatest of the clans and we need to remind the weak inner sphere that we have returned.

#2 UberStuka

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 277 posts
  • LocationBRANDON, MISSISSIPPI

Posted 13 February 2016 - 09:50 PM

-MS- left

no but seriously....

players hit their 20 and moved on

#3 Star Wolves Admin Account

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 13 February 2016 - 10:02 PM

Star Wolves used to field 2-4 12 mans nightly for Wolf across multiple time zones. We got sick of continuous map resets and built up our alternate IS unit instead of worrying about Wolf territory.

When we used to hire MS for events like the march to terra wolf would field up to 8 12 mans in a night. Those numbers have not been in wolf since the summer.

We withdrew our primary wolf defenders in December and focused more on just cross training with our IS unit or simply just attacking to train up new people. Without MS or us around Wolf collapsed leaving only Jade Falcon which was subsequently overwhelmed.

With the upcoming patch though we are rotating a lot of our guys back to the Wolf side and are once again fielding beyond 2 12 mans a night. We're not interested in playing "hardcore" CW right now but this should help wolf gain at least a bit of territory and hold it; not that his really matters.

And yes, the fact a lot of our guys hit level 20 was a major incentive for them to flip to the IS side for awhile.

Edited by Blueduck, 13 February 2016 - 10:03 PM.

#4 Mightyrant

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 59 posts

Posted 14 February 2016 - 06:33 PM

When you make the switch back, I would be more than willing to be a part of the push. I have not yet reached 20, and I have a need of a good unit with solid tactics to meld into.

#5 Star Wolves Admin Account

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 14 February 2016 - 06:43 PM

We really never left. We have a primary clan and IS alt unit.

If you're interested in joining the clan side stop by our TS.

lucidphoenix.typefrag.com

We have a month hold time before people join the unit. This isn't an elitist thing but rather we don't want people to join and just quit the game. Stop by if you'd like to join us.

#6 Commander A9

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 14 February 2016 - 06:49 PM

Clan Wolf International and the other major teams in Wolf just...got bored of it...or burned out...or are focused on rebuilding.

That and after Tukayyid II, all the major teams switched to Inner Sphere for a time, so Wolves got exhausted trying to fend off all the upper-level units by themselves.

But in truth, the last thing Wolf should do...is refuse to drop in Community Warfare.

We lose our edge and our fangs go dull that way.

Get back on the field, guys. It's the best way to practice for competitions like Tukayyid and these events that are going on right now.

If Wolves want to win Tukayyid III, then we need to keep practicing.

Why do you think I joined MercStar in the first place?

Edited by Commander A9, 14 February 2016 - 06:52 PM.

#7 MechWarrior4023212

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 367 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

Posted 14 February 2016 - 11:36 PM

We really just love attack Star's End...over and over and over and...

#8 Gruinhardt

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 4
  • Mercenary Rank 4
  • 198 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 03:13 PM

View PostEmber Stormfield, on 14 February 2016 - 11:36 PM, said:

We really just love attack Star's End...over and over and over and...

Attack we did. Between 8:00PM CST and 10:00PM we hit Star's End 5 times, 4 attacks, 1 hold territory. We won every match with between 6 and 10 SWOL players. It seems for every attack we won, someone else lost the hold territory.

#9 Livewyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,733 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 15 February 2016 - 03:21 PM

They saw the futility.

As did the others.

#10 Star Wolves Admin Account

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 03:48 PM

Ug, I guess we'll take it back again sometime soon. We have enough players to get it back in one evening but I don't know if we really care to try to open an attack lane all the way to Steiner.

#11 ScarecrowES

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 2,812 posts
  • LocationDefending the Cordon, Arc-Royal

Posted 17 February 2016 - 04:19 PM

It's a sad state of affairs when the only good times you can have in matches that encompass half of the functional game modes in MWO are from players in your own group who've temporarily thrown on an IS jersey.

#12 Magnus Rhyde

Rookie

• The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 9 posts
  • LocationUnknown

Posted 19 February 2016 - 12:02 PM

Well granted, I don't like the fact that most of the organized groups are over in the IS right now either, but what else do you expect them to do? Like what's already been said, most have already hit max faction rank and need to change. If they just stick around grinding out most matches in a losing effort then there really isn't much to be gained, now is there?

That being said, this is a perfect time for new teams in Wolf to get good practice in. Yes, the clans lose a lot right now. But that's a perfect time to hone your skills against a superior enemy. You don't get better by winning easy matches. It's like A9 said, get out on the field and keep practicing.

#13 Naglinator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 975 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 19 February 2016 - 12:24 PM

Just be patient for Phase 3 and the map resent. You won't remember any of this in a few months time :)

#14 MechWarrior4023212

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 367 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

Posted 20 February 2016 - 12:24 AM

We have become more active in taking planets recently as practice.

#15 Percephere

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 07:38 PM

View PostEmber Stormfield, on 20 February 2016 - 12:24 AM, said:

We have become more active in taking planets recently as practice.

Yeah... You guys annihilated my faction as we attempted to hold - and then take - a planet or two.

Seven times. There was a lot of cat-calling as well. Most of the time, we were up against a group with eight or so members of "SWOL." Heavy mechs, lots of guns, some great coordination, and poor sportsmanship... They honestly have a talent for breaking an enemy's formation.

#16 Star Wolves Admin Account

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 08:50 PM

View PostPercephere, on 21 February 2016 - 07:38 PM, said:

Yeah... You guys annihilated my faction as we attempted to hold - and then take - a planet or two.

Seven times. There was a lot of cat-calling as well. Most of the time, we were up against a group with eight or so members of "SWOL." Heavy mechs, lots of guns, some great coordination, and poor sportsmanship... They honestly have a talent for breaking an enemy's formation.

SWOL tends to have a large skill spread just due to our recruitment approach, but we have got most of our clan players on good builds based around all heavy mechs and they will tend to wreck most intermediate units. We have a training company and other resources that few other units can field and excel at putting large number of excellent to intermediate players on the field. I will also brag that we have some of the best shot callers in the game in our unit.

In regards to the sportsmanship we have a standing order in my unit to be polite and encouraging to the pugs and other team unless someone is rude to us. We do troll around a bit but we always try to be polite. If you had a problem with some bad conduct in regards to people being rude for no reason plz stop by our TS and discuss with me as that is something I would like to talk about.

Edited by Blueduck, 21 February 2016 - 08:57 PM.

#17 MechWarrior4023212

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 367 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

Posted 22 February 2016 - 12:30 AM

View PostPercephere, on 21 February 2016 - 07:38 PM, said:

There was a lot of cat-calling as well...and poor sportsmanship...

Next time this happens please record the name of the person and what they said and message Blueduck with those facts

#18 Percephere

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 12:05 PM

View PostEmber Stormfield, on 22 February 2016 - 12:30 AM, said:

Next time this happens please record the name of the person and what they said and message Blueduck with those facts

If I go up against SWOL again and have the same issues I'll just record the session.

#19 Celtic Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 507 posts
  • LocationClan Wolf Operations - Tukayyid - Honolulu HI

Posted 23 February 2016 - 11:47 AM

View PostPercephere, on 22 February 2016 - 12:05 PM, said:

If I go up against SWOL again and have the same issues I'll just record the session.

SWOL often gets attacked verbally from the start it seems some people really dislike us ;).

#20 Percephere

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 24 February 2016 - 07:51 PM

View PostCeltic Warrior, on 23 February 2016 - 11:47 AM, said:

SWOL often gets attacked verbally from the start it seems some people really dislike us Posted Image.

It's just very aggravating when a whole slew of pros/semi-pros are pitted against people who are just playing for fun. Also, those Dire and Timber wolves are pretty tiresome.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users