• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 25 February 2016 - 01:45 PM

Clan Wolf International is still Wolf.

So are Star Wolves.

Tau Galaxy is still on Wolf.

But the major units need help to continue the push.

Please, partner up with the major units. You don't have to join them, but please drop with them. We have a better chance of winning this thing if we drop together as a 12-man organized group versus 12 individuals getting trounced on by NKVA.

#24 Gruinhardt

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 4
  • Mercenary Rank 4
  • 198 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 04:26 PM

View PostPercephere, on 24 February 2016 - 07:51 PM, said:

It's just very aggravating when a whole slew of pros/semi-pros are pitted against people who are just playing for fun. Also, those Dire and Timber wolves are pretty tiresome.

I play for fun. I also understand that the correct mechs, skill, and teamwork are required in CW. I don't know how SWOL is supposed to make your game experience fun. Unless you intend for us to intentionally lose, which cheapens the experience for everyone.

#25 ScarecrowES

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 2,812 posts
  • LocationDefending the Cordon, Arc-Royal

Posted 25 February 2016 - 07:08 PM

View PostGruinhardt, on 25 February 2016 - 04:26 PM, said:

I play for fun. I also understand that the correct mechs, skill, and teamwork are required in CW. I don't know how SWOL is supposed to make your game experience fun. Unless you intend for us to intentionally lose, which cheapens the experience for everyone.

It's quite a conundrum. I mean, it's not exactly as though seal-clubbing is particularly fun for us either. We're at a point with most of our long-time active players where if we roll a 12-man, you can be pretty sure that veterans will form the backbone of that group, and half or more will be rocking solid drop decks. Showing up in that sort of 12-man and seeing skittles drop on the other side results in, more often than not, a very lopsided victory. While, yeah, winning is great, those aren't exactly the sorts of fights we're proud of.

It kinda makes me wish we could adjust the difficulty of a match mid-fight. Like... have an alternate "in case of skittles" drop deck with more "just for fun" builds. Less "optimized" and more "wtf." Might even the odds a bit.

That, or we make it mandatory that unit members have to also have a bottle of good booze handy whenever they hop on TS. Though, I suppose that doesn't help in the particular match we're about to club in... it'd just lead to even more drunken matches later. And god knows we roll enough of those already!

#26 Nova2

• PipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 22 posts
  • LocationPocahontas, IA

Posted 25 February 2016 - 11:17 PM

I have played with SWOL members in both CW and Quick-Play. And honestly I do not recall seeing them display "poor sportsmanship". I should remember if I had an incident with SWOL, as I do not hesitate in any way to report players who poorly display sportsmanship and/or blatantly violate the codes of conduct.
They have some good pilots in SWOL and I can see where going up against a large number of them can get frustrating, Especially if your on the side that is random group of pugs. I have been in drops with a bunch of pugs, and have been on the reviving end of those 12-man teams, and it is not the most pleasant gaming experience either. But you have to remember to take it as a grain of salt, it is just a video-game. And being a guy who has played all of the MechWarrior games at a competitive multilayer level since the mid-90s starting out with Net-Mech on Kali95, I can tell you that MWO is nothing to get all that excited about. But MWO is all we have right now for a MechWarrior game, and might as well make the best of it while we can as it is probably going to be another 5-10 years before something else comes along.

But that is how MWO works, some people are quicker than others to figure things out, and others are just too immature yet to figure anything out.
Unless you have a 12-man group running, your going to get thrown in with a bunch of pugs. And if you do chances are at best that only half the team is going to listen to you giving orders and information, because the other half is off doing their own thing trying to get some achievement or maximize their XP/C-Bill earnings for the match. A group of average skilled pugs that have a plan and do their best to work together and stick to that plan will actually give these pro-teams and pro-players a work-out.
And other players can only seem to have fun if they win, others are only having fun when they win and are on top of the score-board. These are typically the players out there screaming obscenities at their teammates for being horrible players.

But yea… There is a massive balance issue in MWO.
In a perfect world we would be doing things like we use to in the old leagues of MechWarrior, scheduling dates for matches between teams/units. Not this crap we see in MWO where entire pro-teams get dropped against a random group of pugs. In the old days the pro-teams were the big-dogs, and the big-dogs only went out after the other big-dogs as it made for fun and challenging matches/games.
I have been around the bush a few times myself as I have been leading the same clan since 1999. The best way to effectively insure team-work between players on a team is to make sure they are all in your clan (unit) as you have put in time together and have a good idea on what the other guy is thinking and doing. Having members of allied clans is a good idea too, but be sure to put in some time with your allies so you can get to know how they work and operate too. You got to put some time and effort into it though, it takes time to build team-work and understand the strategies used. Your not going to drop in with a bunch of pugs and have effective teamwork or communication, as they may not use or know the same slang and terms you and your clan use or even the way you relay information, nor are they always familiar with the tactics you use and why you use them.

With balance we also have the issue of some units/players bouncing back and fourth with their factions to farm for points and mix things up. When this happens you can see allot of the good players leave a faction and have the faction left with a bunch of pugs to go up against the big teams that left.

CW was made to have fun, if your not having fun then somewhere along the line you have completely lost something or missed the point.
It was also made for clans/units, while keeping in mind that not every clan can always sport 12-player drops (or are even big enough to make a 12-player drop). But your not going to have the best of times making all pug-drops. You do not have to necessarily be in a big clan that can sport 12-man drops every night (or at all), that is where you can get 2-3 allied clans together to make a 12-man group.
You need to control all 12 slots to ensure everyone is on the same page to have fun; weather everyone in the group is going for a more casual Quick-Play match to gain some extra C-Bills/XP to elite out their mechs and make their builds, or are in CW trying to win the game by capturing/defending a planet.
If your sticking together with other players and show comradely and teamwork with each other, win or loose your going to have fun playing MWO. If your not your going to end up being the guy who's account gets banned because you were reported too many times for vulgarly lashing out at the players on your team in an unsportsmanlike manner.

#27 P00rDecisions

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 06 March 2016 - 08:50 AM

View PostBlueduck, on 21 February 2016 - 08:50 PM, said:

SWOL tends to have a large skill spread just due to our recruitment approach, but we have got most of our clan players on good builds based around all heavy mechs and they will tend to wreck most intermediate units. We have a training company and other resources that few other units can field and excel at putting large number of excellent to intermediate players on the field. I will also brag that we have some of the best shot callers in the game in our unit.

In regards to the sportsmanship we have a standing order in my unit to be polite and encouraging to the pugs and other team unless someone is rude to us. We do troll around a bit but we always try to be polite. If you had a problem with some bad conduct in regards to people being rude for no reason plz stop by our TS and discuss with me as that is something I would like to talk about.

Tell that to P0otie who reports people for everything under the sun. Literally. He reported a few people for ordering a lance maneuver and shot a few others in the back, blatantly, and repeatedly (like me).

#28 Star Wolves Admin Account

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 06 March 2016 - 09:38 AM

I don't have anyone name P0otie in the unit.

#29 P00rDecisions

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 06 March 2016 - 09:43 AM

View PostBlueduck, on 06 March 2016 - 09:38 AM, said:

I don't have anyone name P0otie in the unit.

There's someone named P0otie who runs with SWOL tags.

#30 Star Wolves Admin Account

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 06 March 2016 - 11:00 AM

There is no one named P0otie in our unit as that name is dumb and I would remember it.

Regardless our veteran players tend to have a short temper with pugs that sit in the back and hide the whole time or won't go through the gate.

We are not above getting behind a group of pugs and telling them if they don't go through the gate and help us on the attack we will TK them. There is nothing worse in CW then waiting on pugs each of which has 4 mechs left when everyone else is waiting for them to die.

#31 P00rDecisions

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 06 March 2016 - 11:04 AM

I'll ******* screenshot it next time, he's on almost every day and is infamous for being a POS.

#32 Star Wolves Admin Account

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 06 March 2016 - 11:36 AM

Well name and shame is against the TOS so unless you want your post deleted and potentially your account banned what I suggest you do is either report the player or come talk to us directly about it.

That said we have no tolerance for pugs that were either not playing as a team, refusing to go through the gate, or just in general hiding/camping.

If the player was just TKing for no reason we will obviously remove them from the unit. If he was justified expect us to tell you to get bent.

Regardless if you want to discuss further I'd suggest you stop by our TS.

#33 P00rDecisions

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 09:42 AM

PM'd

Edited by NikTheStickman, 08 March 2016 - 11:47 AM.

#34 P00rDecisions

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 09:47 AM

PM'd

#35 P00rDecisions

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 09:50 AM

PM'd

#36 Naglinator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 975 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 08 March 2016 - 11:22 AM

Come on Nik, dont hold back tell us what you really think :)

#37 P00rDecisions

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 11:34 AM

Hehe.

#38 Bjorn Coston

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 212 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 11:38 AM

I suggest that you remove your posts Nik unless you want to continue violating the "name and shame" policy and potentially get your account banned. It sounds like you're very passionate about this issue which is understandable but your methods of handling it are first off, in direct violation of PGI forum policy. And secondly, very immature. I suggest you contact Blueduck and talk to him directly before you continue discussing this issue further on the forums.

#39 P00rDecisions

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 11:50 AM

Well, how convenient, can't PM BlueDuck because he cannot use the PM feature.

Posted Image

See, dare anyone to bring him information or proof of a member of SWOL's acting like an ***, but you can't because he's turned off PMs or something.

yeah, like I'm going to join his TS so they can log my IP? Haha, fat chance.

Edited by NikTheStickman, 08 March 2016 - 11:51 AM.

#40 Gruinhardt

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 4
  • Mercenary Rank 4
  • 198 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 01:47 PM

Blueduck was assassinated by a rogue warrior named P0otie. Please give us time to mourn the loss of our glorious leader.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users