Cw Hud Bug?

10 replies to this topic

#1 Arianrhod

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 106 posts

Posted 14 February 2016 - 04:56 PM

So, when I play faction warfare, the match starts fine and everything runs smoothly on the first mech. Any time I drop after the first mech, however, I'm subject to an incredibly frustrating condition where my entire HUD disappears. No crosshairs, no minimap, heat gauge, throttle, ally/enemy indicators, etc. Powering down and powering up does not solve the problem. Battlegrid and third person view camera do not work. I basically can't do faction play anymore because every second or third mech is wasted. Does anyone else have this problem? Looking around in the forums, everything that sounds similar to my problem dates from years ago. Is there any known solution?

Edited by Arianrhod, 14 February 2016 - 04:56 PM.

#2 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 24 February 2016 - 11:36 AM

View PostArianrhod, on 14 February 2016 - 04:56 PM, said:

So, when I play faction warfare, the match starts fine and everything runs smoothly on the first mech. Any time I drop after the first mech, however, I'm subject to an incredibly frustrating condition where my entire HUD disappears. No crosshairs, no minimap, heat gauge, throttle, ally/enemy indicators, etc. Powering down and powering up does not solve the problem. Battlegrid and third person view camera do not work. I basically can't do faction play anymore because every second or third mech is wasted. Does anyone else have this problem? Looking around in the forums, everything that sounds similar to my problem dates from years ago. Is there any known solution?

Not sure on this one, disco and reconnect might fix it but there are several bugs that pop up similar to this. Getting stuck in dropships, getting stuck in a weird spectator mode, etc.

You might try the bugs section and if it persists or happens pretty regularly you might want to contact support and make sure they know about it.

#3 Zasdan

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 06:38 PM

I have the same issue. Often it is the second and fourth drop, sometimes just the third. I have only played 1 or 2 faction matches where I have a HUD the whole game. What is going on?

#4 Fiona Marshe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 756 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 09 March 2016 - 04:31 AM

Same. Support suggested it mighg be graphic card related, but it only ever happens on Hellebore Springs.

#5 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 10 March 2016 - 11:32 AM

Everyone, have you tried "Right Shift + F11" ??? It happens to be a hidden HUD On/Off Toggle that can be inadvertently pressed if you have just the wrong keymap setup. In some cases, if your HUD is simply missing, it can also be pressed once or twice (rarely three times, if ever) to re-activate the HUD and make it usable once again. :huh:

~D. V. "haven't had this bug myself, but that might help you" Devnull

#6 Fiona Marshe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 756 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 10 March 2016 - 09:05 PM

Doesn't help. The 'lower bar' of the HUD is visible at the bottom of the cockpit and can be toggled doing that. The entirety of the rest of the HUD stays invisible.

#7 Muxing ma

Rookie

• Shredder
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 07:14 PM

Any solution for this issue? I'm having the same, is grafic card trouble?

Edited by Itzamna, 17 February 2017 - 07:15 PM.

#8 HansonTheory

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 March 2018 - 02:08 PM

This is happening to me almost every time in faction play invasion.First drop is good and usualy its second or third mech i get nNO HUD ?MAP icons or radar .I am on a labtop and pressing f7 does not do nething

#9 Bewitched GTi

• Pip
  • Nova Commander
  • Nova Commander
  • 17 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 17 April 2018 - 07:30 AM

Still experiencing this problem, third drop in CW no HUD, no button toggles, no way to option spectating.
Have tried the steam version and used repair tool, but it doesn’t occur every match.
Any answers, is it hardware or software???

#10 Valdorel

• PipPip
  • The Soviet
  • The Soviet
  • 27 posts

Posted 04 May 2018 - 06:11 PM

There's a member of my unit that has had the same problem for about 6 months. He eventually narrowed it down with support to some error being caused by running the game on a PC that is way under the Minimum Requirements.

#11 MurKilo

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6 posts
  • LocationBrasilia-Brazil

Posted 06 February 2021 - 03:43 PM

I think I'm sort of sad! I have the same bug and don't have a way to better my PC now....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users