3 replies to this topic

#1 Snazzy Dragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 2,912 posts
  • LocationRUNNING FAST AND TURNING LEFT

Posted 16 February 2016 - 04:30 PM

No real complaints here, just noted that generic energy range quirks were set to 10%. So far I've only noticed one consistence issue; the Raven 4x still displays its original +30% energy range quirk.

I'll update if I find any other 'mechs with an incorrect display/quirk for its generic energy range; feel free to post if you find any 'mechs yourself with such issues.

#2 Unknown Pwn

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 06:35 PM

Awful nice though to have a Wolverine be on Sale,buy a 6k for its range quirks, then Nurf them.
I just wanted to throw my gratitude out for that bait and switch.

/classy

#3 Jack Spade Ward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 432 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 20 February 2016 - 06:05 PM

View PostUnknown Pwn, on 16 February 2016 - 06:35 PM, said:

Awful nice though to have a Wolverine be on Sale,buy a 6k for its range quirks, then Nurf them.
I just wanted to throw my gratitude out for that bait and switch.

/classy

Now you know what the clans have been through over 2 years... but multiply that one mech for 40!
But you know what they say, clans are OP, nerf clans LMAO

#4 Strength Damage Cliff Racer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 124 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 01:38 AM

While some mechs been hit pretty hard on boating configurations, I feel some mechs suffered more than the others.

One example is blackjack. While nerf to energy range was needed (Because Long range LPL is not the thing that's healthy for balance), many loadouts with original big caliber made use of 4 small lasers as backup, which was possible with that 25% range increase. Currently, though, you might as well ditch them alltogether for extra sinks or ammo. Getting 15% small laser-specific bonus to range will fix that without getting back to 3LPL long range butcher.

Other example is spider. While 5K still can be deployed for harassment or go with LPL, 5v simply made useless as it was before. It can't have range with larges, it can't have enough range with medpulses and jump jet capacity is lost with LPL so you might as well use 5k. To fix 5v, he either needs his range back or some kind of new jump jet-specific quirks.

Last but not least (actually the least… in tonnage, that is) is Locust 3V. Already red-headed son of locust family, it's totally butchered with the changes. I think this one deserves either "pulse laser cooldown" treatment or at least some heavy bonus to LT/RT structure.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users