Intertheater Peacekeeping Group--Fighting For A Unified Liao!

No replies to this topic

#1 Jaymes Valluche

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 39 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 09:15 PM

Before you read further, I must forewarn you: IPG is loyal to the Capellan Confederation and the Chancellor. IPG is not necessarily loyal to Mechwarrior Online. The reason for this being that IPG is a gaming community at its core--Both Thor Facetrample, our unit leader, and myself, are part of Infinite Possibility Games, a gaming community and former site for several independent games. I'm stating this here and now so that nobody gets the wrong idea: We're not out there to pretend that only the purest of Mech warriors are allowed.
That doesn't mean that the Intertheater Peacekeeping Group itself doesn't have its own backstory and character separate from IPG. That just means that it is rooted in something outside of Mechwarrior.

Posted Image

The Intertheater Peacekeeping Group itself is composed of Liao's less elite Mechwarrior pilots. They are not the sword that cuts through the front lines, but the hammer that crushes those who might rebel against the Divine Capellan Chancellor. They do not need to be the best of the best, for any force that fights against the Capellan Confederation within its own borders is clearly not the smartest foe.
They are, however, some of the more honorable pilots among House Liao. Their primary colors, Pink, Gold, and Red, are chosen to stand out from other Capellans as to draw fire for their countrymen. Their conduct is respectful to all save for the treacherous Davion, whose plots are always irksome to the honorable Intertheater Peacekeeping Group.
Rarely do they number more than forty-eight, both because a smaller quantity of 'Mechs is more efficient to transport and because fewer than fifty people are willing to join a unit so far from the glorious warfare of the front lines.

What this means in a players' terms is that IPG isn't a group about skill, necessarily. It's a group about teamwork, camaraderie, and respect. When we drop, we want to encourage a friendly atmosphere for not only our team, but perhaps the enemy team as well. We don't expect to ever grow beyond fifty people, and that's fine: A small roster just means you get to know your unit-mates better. It won't necessarily be all about CW, either. We'll encourage CW drops when we can, but for the most part IPG isn't intended to spearhead an assault on a planet. We're not out there to put tags on a planet. The organization of the unit won't necessarily be strict. There will be rules and requirements for promotions, but leadership isn't the sole responsibility of our higher ranks. We want overall a place where players can enjoy themselves. Victory can come after entertainment.
That being said, there are some things a player should consider when they're looking for an ideal fit. Certain characteristics which will help them fit in with the rest:
- Our Mechwarriors are (Mostly)respectful,
- They're Laid back,
- They Understand 80s and 90s pop culture,
- They're a little crazy,
- They have teamspeak,
- They're able to focus when need be,
- They like Pina Coladas and getting caught in the rain.
- They're not overly defensive
- They're willing to use Clan 'Tech
- They're team players
- They knows what constructive criticism is
- They can finish lists
- They

Teamspeak is required. I've mentioned it twice now. That's how important it is. That said, K/D ratio isn't a big thing--plenty of Mechwarriors have made early-career mistakes, and quite frankly, sometimes I like to pilot horrible builds just to see the stunned reactions on another 'Mechwarrior's face when I (finally) kill them. I expect others in our unit might be the same. Thus a K/D ratio isn't much of a skill marker. Nor is experience, or quantity of kills.

What is a big requirement to us is that you play with the right attitude. I'll even understand if you're inactive for a week, because sometimes Mechwarrior frustrates me just that much, too. But when you're playing, I want you to know when your limit's reached and when maybe it's time to solo drop or step off. I don't want our players to be making themselves miserable. It makes everyone around them miserable, too.

Our team colors are: Pink, orange, and red. Orange and pink may swap places as primary and secondary, but red should always be tertiary.

The Unit Commander is Thor Facetrample.

Welcome to the Intertheater Peacekeeping Group, where dominance is achieved through superior firepower.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users