7 replies to this topic

#1 Not A Real RAbbi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationDeath to Aladeen Cafe

Posted 21 February 2016 - 07:06 PM

When my mech is destroyed in the Battle Zone feature in the Mechwarrior Academy, client crashes. A popup with simply "UNEXPECTED ERROR!" appears behind the client. It then goes away and I get another popup with the crash details and the option to "SEND REPORT" or "DON'T SEND". I have chosen to send the report. Occurred twice consecutively. Both times, had entered academy, then selected ONSLAUGHT, then completed "The Walking Dead", then moved mech directly from there into the "Battle Zone" area and engaged multiple target mechs there. Upon destruction of my mech, CTD.

And again, opted to send the report both times.

AMD FX 8350
16 GB DDR3 1833MHz
2x SanDisk SSD, ~240 GB ea.
EVGA GeForce 960 GTX, 2GB GDDR5

Also ran the repair tool prior to this occurring, and again after the second occurrence. Both times, though, repair tool indicated that it detected no errors. Have not restarted client since second CTD.

Otherwise, everything seems to function normally. HAVE had some SERIOUS lag spike issues lately, due to an as-yet-unrepaired problem with coaxial cable splitter(s) on the line in to the apartment. Not sure if that's relevant, since I hold a 0 ping (according to the tool/F9) through each Academy session.

#2 Not A Real RAbbi

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,688 posts

Posted 24 February 2016 - 08:00 AM

Happened again last night. Sent the detailed bug report, including email address and brief description of what I was doing at the time of the crash.

Mech destroyed- center torso destroyed by enemy fire. Instead of respawning in the Academy, game crashes to desktop with error popup and report. Takes a few seconds after the destruction (not an IMMEDIATE crash), which would have me believe it's something in the respawn mechanic.

And again, patched game and have run repair tool at least twice since (including once after a crash, after which the crash persisted).

Restart client, and everything seems to be working normally. If I quit the Academy, no problem. After completing an event (say, Onslaught), everything works normally. Exiting an event early, everything works normally.

#3 Dave Forsey

Senior Designer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 198 posts

Posted 24 February 2016 - 09:20 AM

You've got "Hardcore" mode turned on... :-)

(I'll check it out)

#4 Not A Real RAbbi

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,688 posts

Posted 24 February 2016 - 09:33 AM

Thank you, sir! (MIND YOU, not a game-breaking problem at this point. Mostly a mere nuisance issue.)

#5 Not A Real RAbbi

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,688 posts

Posted 27 February 2016 - 06:07 PM

Happened again twice so far this afternoon/evening. Out of four attempts to reproduce, the more recent two have gone CTD, but the first two did not. Interesting. Sent report, of course.

#6 SuriViruS

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 52 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 28 February 2016 - 04:03 PM

Hi there,
I chose the CPLT-K2 and after fooling around with the Target-Practices, I deliberately overheated the mech untill destruction.
Which the client couldn't handle ("Unexpected Error"). Report is sent.

Regards,

#7 Dave Forsey

Senior Designer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 198 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 09:25 AM

Posted Image

We've re-created the overheating bug, but not in the editor where I could actually fix it.
Haven't got local repro steps for the CT death... but will work on it

#8 Raubwurst

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,284 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 29 February 2016 - 10:39 AM

View PostSuriViruS, on 28 February 2016 - 04:03 PM, said:

Hi there,
I chose the CPLT-K2 and after fooling around with the Target-Practices, I deliberately overheated the mech untill destruction.
Which the client couldn't handle ("Unexpected Error"). Report is sent.

Regards,

Reproduced.
I tried it with a Catapult of mine, but after overheating and getting toasted I just respawned.
After doing it 2 time I switched to the Awesome standing around on your left side after spawning.

With the Awesome I toggled Override Shutdown and positioned myself over the Magma-area and built up heat till I exploded, which leaded directly to a "unexpected Error" CTD.

Again: My own 'Mech had no problems, but respawning in a swapped 'Mech crashed.

Maybe it helps you guys find the bug :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users