Die From Overheat Crash

4 replies to this topic

#1 OtterSnow

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 12:21 AM

I did the the rapid fire course in an Awsome with 3 ER PPCs and hit the override in order to keep firing quickly enough and as lots of extra heat will do, my mech started to melt. The screen turned black as the course ended and I died when the stats pulled up. Then I crashed to desktop with the "report or don't report" screen. I reported there and now here likely to be rare but you should know just in case.

#2 SnowFox

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 70 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 08:00 AM

You overheated so hard you melted your computer :P

#3 Jack Shayu Walker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 1,451 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 08:20 AM

Reminds me of when I played Bioshock Infinite and fought the fireman for the first time. After I'd damaged him up, he charges me, screams, glows, and then explodes. When he exploded, the power in my house flickered and my Xbox shut itself off o.o

#4 Mole

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,314 posts
  • LocationAt work, cutting up brains for a living.

Posted 23 February 2016 - 10:53 AM

Just thought I'd pop in here and say that my client has crashed upon death in the Mechwarrior Academy twice since the last patch. Never happened before. Doesn't seem to matter what manner I die in. First time it happened I was scooting around the city in the active battlezone in my Arctic Cheetah. When I finally succumbed to the damage I had sustained through my mech slaughtering campaign it crashed with an unexpected error. I sent the report. It happened again last night when I decided to have some fun shooting at Captain Adams in my Warhawk. He blew me up, and another unexpected error crash. Sent that report too. Seems to be an issue with Mechwarrior Academy. My client is stable in any other game mode except for when my video driver crashes, which is apparently a long running issue with some Nvidia cards and Cryengine itself that I don't really blame PGI coding for.

#5 Dave Forsey

Senior Designer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 198 posts

Posted 24 February 2016 - 09:15 AM

Just trying to bring more realism to the game... death really counts for something now!

(I'll look into it... :-) )

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users