4 replies to this topic

#1 Not A Real RAbbi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationDeath to Aladeen Cafe

Posted 24 February 2016 - 09:38 AM

Just an observation, really. I figure this is as good a place as any for it, since Mr. Forsey does regularly check-in on this forum.

NARC use in the Academy, as well as the Testing Grounds, seems impaired. The NARC weapon will fire, but there is no indication that the NARC beacon has successfully attached to an enemy mech. To the point, the NARC icon never appears above an enemy mech's red box on the HUD. This has been a problem, that I can remember, for the entirety of the game's existence (at least back to November, 2012, in TG, predating the Academy by a couple years).

Last I checked, TAG has the same problem. That is, when firing the TAG laser at a target, the TAG icon fails to display above the target's red box on the HUD.

It is unclear if either is nonetheless offering its bonuses to LRM/SSRM behavior.

I DO recall a time when active probes and sensor range modules were not having the correct effect in Testing Grounds, a few years ago, and THAT has since been fixed. Nonetheless, as far as I can tell, NARC and TAG do not function properly (if at all) in the Mechwarrior Academy and Testing Grounds.

Of course, for those of us wanting to actually use these features to test the weapon systems, and to hone skills with them, that kinda, y'know, sucks a little.

HALP!?

#2 Dave Forsey

Senior Designer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 198 posts

Posted 24 February 2016 - 09:54 AM

... And it turns out this has been fixed. Should be in the March patch.

#3 Not A Real RAbbi

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,688 posts

Posted 24 February 2016 - 01:44 PM

I think I love you.

#4 Dave Forsey

Senior Designer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 198 posts

Posted 24 February 2016 - 01:48 PM

Ha, I'll pass that on to the fellow who actually did the work.

#5 Not A Real RAbbi

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,688 posts

Posted 15 March 2016 - 05:46 PM

Okay, AWESOME job there. I noticed that there's a visual effect improvement to the NARC (or was that just a difference in settings?), where you can see the burning rocket motor on the back of it after firing. Can confirm it's working as intended, or at least appears to be.

So, once again, <3.

Allow me to revise. TAG/NARC working as intended on MECHS, but not on TURRETS. At least, HUD icons are not displaying when a turret is designated with TAG. Unclear if that is having the intended effect on target (though I suspect it IS).

Edited by Sister RAbbi, 17 March 2016 - 09:28 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users