• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 02 April 2016 - 08:15 PM

View PostYourSaviorLegion, on 27 February 2016 - 08:06 AM, said:

Welcome to Gundam Warrior Online

Actually, it's a Macross mech.

Kids these days, think everything anime is Gundam... ;P

EDIT: Oh, I'm not kidding. It's literally from that series. It was licensed to the Battletech guys to sell excess toys or something.

Edited by Snowbluff, 02 April 2016 - 08:17 PM.

#42 pulupulu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 183 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 04:06 AM

It will be entirely dependent on quirks. The quirk need to allow it to deal with jenner IIC/chetah. If it can't beat either of those two 1v1 consistently, we will have an ecm blackjack.

A better/worse version of blackjack being worst case scenario is pretty good I say.

Edited by pulupulu, 03 April 2016 - 04:07 AM.

#43 Tordin

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,936 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 03 April 2016 - 05:03 AM

View PostBud Crue, on 26 February 2016 - 09:53 PM, said:

Sigh.

Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in.

Ya know pgi, you make it damn hard for a crappy player to collect all the mechs and master them -when you keep adding mechs! Now I gotta another one to add to the list! I mean, at my rate of 45min-1hr a day of play (more on the weekends, sure), I'm lucky of I can get a set of three variants mastered in 2 weeks; one the really bad stretches it might be longer! Thus far I've managed over a hundred mechs in about a year. But if you keep adding more, how will I eve finish? Hmm? Do you think of anyone other than yourself?

Thanks a lot.

Posted Image

Im in the same boat as you. I will have a hard time trying to master all the mechs I have (around 163). I will at least try to Elite them.
Also I gladly omnommed the whole Phoenix collection. 8 (well 7 since eliting one PH 1 will count for both that and the PH 1(S) PHawks to elite, I will gladly take the challenge. After skilling Kintaros, Shadow Cats etc of the Medium class.

#44 Chryckan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 301 posts

Posted 05 April 2016 - 05:36 AM

Anyone know the torso twist and pitch range?
Hopefully it'll be more like griffin than trebuchet, esp. if it gonna go 1 on 1 with lights and win.

#45 Richard Hazen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Aggressor
  • The Aggressor
  • 886 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 08:53 AM

If I wanted to make a Phoenix Hawk 3M which of the available variants would be the best to use do you think? I don't think any of the match up exactly.

Edit: Nevermind I noticed the hero is basically a 3M but had a laser removed in favour of missiles.

Edited by Will Hawker, 07 April 2016 - 10:06 AM.

#46 PeeWrinkle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 384 posts

Posted 26 April 2016 - 08:43 AM

I'm excited to try out the PHX-2. I hope the arms are not super fragile, but even so it looks like it would be an awesome ML boat.

I crafted this, which I am sure will be mostly typical.
PHX-2
CT - ECM and XL 355 and 2DHS
RA - 3 ML
LA - 3 ML
RT - 2 JJ
LT - 2 JJ
Endo and FF Armor: FF = 286 points of armor.
That will put it right around 35% heat efficiency, which can be improved upon by dropping 2 JJ and/or Droping the Engine to an XL 350. Adding 1 DHS would be a heat efficiency right around 37%, adding 2 would take it to 39%. And that is without basics unlocked.

With speed, ecm, JJ and the ability to boat 6ML or 6SPL if preferred I think it will be an awesome little chassis.

There are also a few other configs I thought of for this one. Lately I have been loving 2LPLs (or 3 if I can fit them). On this I can get 2LPLs, 4SLs, 1 JJ, an XL 300 with 1 extra DHS and EMC. That could be a sweet, and it could be built symmetrical or asymmetrical. Then there is the 3ERLL build too.

A lot of flexibility with this one I think. Yep I am now officially excited!

#47 Dagada Moor

• PipPipPip
  • The Hitman
  • The Hitman
  • 99 posts
  • LocationGainesville, Florida

Posted 01 May 2016 - 06:40 AM

Can't frickin wait. A 45 ton Mech running 130-150, yeah give me some. Like someone said in light forum about royal stinger, just weld me in the cockpit. I will be a terroir in this Mech. Quirks will make or break thing though, kinda sad.

#48 Aethermech

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 117 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 12:45 PM

Anyone else think this thing is gonna be a larger slightly more armored cheeta? It almost makes me feel bad for heavy and assualt mech now that they gotta deal with two super fast Laser boats that can take flight and disappear.

#49 PeeWrinkle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 384 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 05:49 PM

View PostAethermech, on 02 May 2016 - 12:45 PM, said:

Anyone else think this thing is gonna be a larger slightly more armored cheeta? It almost makes me feel bad for heavy and assualt mech now that they gotta deal with two super fast Laser boats that can take flight and disappear.

I actually picture a more heavily armored Firestarter, but with a little more variety and flexibility in builds. Honestly I think it will end up being the most devistating medium in the game. Unless the quirks suck, but if they get any armor buffs and can hold onto those arms, they will be pure terrors on the battlefield. If not they will just be another useless mech in the game.

That said, I fully expect this thing to be bad ***, as PGI is not going to make sure one of the most iconic mechs in all of BT a dud.

#50 PeeWrinkle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 384 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 07:15 AM

I'm getting very excited. June 21st can not come soon enough. I am been theory building and really like what I am seeing. Alpha's wont be extremely high, but most of what I am come up with is a more heavily armored light mech. As these are very fast and most can boat lasers. I actually put several together today for the Kuroi Kiri. One I found interesting is the 4ERLL build. I figured it would look something like this Slower Version or this Faster Hotter Version. I used CASE in place of the JJs. Technically you could make a nice little 4ERLL sniper with the two versions that can use ECM.

Yep I am going to have fun swapping out gear on these, I better start saving CBills! LOL

#51 Hemholtz

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 113 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 07:35 AM

View PostPeeWrinkle, on 02 May 2016 - 05:49 PM, said:

That said, I fully expect this thing to be bad ***, as PGI is not going to make sure one of the most iconic mechs in all of BT a dud.

cough....Archer....cough

#52 Aethermech

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 117 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 08:32 PM

MMM, that trollish screen shot in the display screen. the only mech wielding it's weapon systems :D After watching the MM take a break and let the Kodiaks run wild during release week, one game I had there was 13 carebears between the two teams, I wonder what the MM and teamlists will look like with the P.Hawk. Wonder if we'll see a 60 or 70% medium mech in the match tracker. Everyone I've asked has preordered it, even a few all clan guys I know.

#53 Elrik Stormbringer

• PipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 81 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 08:37 AM

Pause for a minute, and think of how absolutely devastating a PHX variant would be if they gave it the same weapon/heat quirks as a locust 1v.

Muhahahahahaha

#54 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 03 June 2016 - 08:48 AM

View PostSnowbluff, on 02 April 2016 - 08:15 PM, said:

EDIT: Oh, I'm not kidding. It's literally from that series. It was licensed to the Battletech guys to sell excess toys or something.

Actually, the company that sold the artwork sold it to two parties, BT and Harmony Gold (Robotech). At the time of the selling, the company didn't think the two buyers would ever collide with each other (BT being based in America last I knew, and Robotech in Japan).

After a lot of legal battles, the end result (now) is that Robotech has rights to the artwork only for their preexisting stories, but not for any future additions to that story (which is why you don't see the "old tech" in their newer expansions).

BT however was proven to have the rights before hand, and have "creatively altered the original artwork". BT has the right to the older artwork, but have decided it best to stop using it altogether to prevent any possible problems. (And they did this with more than just Robotech images they had bought. They went completely in house imagery instead.)

There was a time when BT had lost the rights, but more recent court 'stuff' gave it back to them. So if people say BT don't have the rights to the old imagery, they are in part correct. They didn't, but now they do again...

#55 Dreammirror

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • 55 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 09:47 AM

Unseen mech aside (for which I'm glad to see another one released), the real question is how it will compare to the current meta 45 ton mech currently in use, such as the blackjack 1-X.

#56 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 03 June 2016 - 10:14 AM

View PostDreammirror, on 03 June 2016 - 09:47 AM, said:

Unseen mech aside (for which I'm glad to see another one released), the real question is how it will compare to the current meta 45 ton mech currently in use, such as the blackjack 1-X.

That will be the question for the Meta.

I personally will just enjoy having another mech to look at, no matter how it preforms.

#57 RustySpork

Rookie

• Fenrik
  • Fenrik
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 June 2016 - 07:49 PM

View PostDagada Moor, on 01 May 2016 - 06:40 AM, said:

Quirks will make or break thing though, kinda sad.

That is pretty much the state of IS mechs right now, except for a few with REALLY good hardpoints.

#58 Rattler85

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 272 posts

Posted 09 June 2016 - 07:50 PM

I loved the PXH-3K/3D from Megamek and hope those variants are in MWO.

#59 jss78

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,575 posts
  • LocationHelsinki

Posted 09 June 2016 - 10:23 PM

View PostRattler85, on 09 June 2016 - 07:50 PM, said:

I loved the PXH-3K/3D from Megamek and hope those variants are in MWO.

They are not, but I think you can easily replicate those builds using the other variants. You can simply build the PXH-3K or similar into the 1K.

The 3D is basically the 1D with recovered lostech thrown in. You can build either of those into at least the PXH-2, which can even add Guardian ECM into those builds. One of my planned builds is exactly this: PXH-2 with XL300, Endo, Ferro, 6xJJ, 2xERLL, 2xML, ECM.

Only 1½ more weeks, I for one can't wait...

#60 Rattler85

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 272 posts

Posted 12 June 2016 - 06:47 PM

I know that the 3K/3D are not going to be in the game at least not right away. Those are my 2 favorite stock PXH builds. I may replicate them. I am not a fan of meta, but sometimes use metaishbuilds. I am drooling with anticipation though!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users