189 replies to this topic

#181 Spheroid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,060 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 25 October 2016 - 10:22 PM

Argghhh....so bad! Throw it down a well.

#182 TAKTCOM

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,568 posts
  • LocationRussia, Rostov-on-Don

Posted 27 October 2016 - 08:51 AM

PHOENIX HAWK is almost perfect flanker. In the current meta we have no place for flankers, so i have no idea about FP. But in QP he shows himself very well. ECM and MASC is great help. If you need fire support or combat eye-to-eye PXH not what you need.

Edited by TAKTCOM, 28 October 2016 - 10:53 AM.

#183 Grindmonster

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 October 2016 - 02:23 AM

I think one ot the most important thing abaout piloting the Phoenix Hawk is to be unpredictable. GEGM helps with this. I run my 1b with the engine that came with it (270XL), 6 JumpJets, GEGM, ERPPC, a staple gun (AC2) and a small Laser.

#184 Phoenix2730

• PipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 27 posts
  • LocationBehind you.....

Posted 30 October 2016 - 05:07 AM

I don't understand all the hate on this mech. I love piloting this thing!! It's fast, has ecm, and can basically fly with the amount of jump jets it can carry. Yes, it is not the most powerful mech in the game, but if you keep moving and flanking the group you can easily turn the tide of the battle by distracting the other team assaults and heavies. And if they don't pay attention to you, you get an easy kill. Granted it's not suited to everyone's play style, but it's perfect for mine and and a lot of fun to play.

#185 SlightlyMobileTurret

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Lance Corporal
  • 718 posts

Posted 30 October 2016 - 08:35 AM

It'd be a better mech if it didn't have Treb/Vindi "OMG WHERE ARE MY LIMBS" syndrome.

#186 Phoenix2730

• PipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 27 posts
  • LocationBehind you.....

Posted 30 October 2016 - 09:01 AM

Very true, but if you torso twist like you should, you will very rarely die without your arms. Speed and twisting are vital in this mech just like in the Vindicator and Treb.

#187 Felix von Buelow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 117 posts

Posted 30 October 2016 - 04:09 PM

I used to run the 1B, which was my favorite chassis due to the shoulder mounted energy hardpoint and ECM/JJs, with an XL300, 1 ERPPC and 3 MPLs. Then I switched to an XL280, 2LPLs and 2 MLs and is so much more rewarding. Try it!

#188 Colonel Clunge

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 104 posts
  • LocationEdinburgh

Posted 31 October 2016 - 03:23 AM

View PostPhoenix2730, on 30 October 2016 - 05:07 AM, said:

I don't understand all the hate on this mech. I love piloting this thing!! It's fast, has ecm, and can basically fly with the amount of jump jets it can carry. Yes, it is not the most powerful mech in the game, but if you keep moving and flanking the group you can easily turn the tide of the battle by distracting the other team assaults and heavies. And if they don't pay attention to you, you get an easy kill. Granted it's not suited to everyone's play style, but it's perfect for mine and and a lot of fun to play.

Totally agree. Since they fixed the fragility issue the PHXs are really good fun to play. Rather surprisingly had a huge amount of success with the 1B using an XL280 a ERPPC in the shoulder slot an ERLL and a couple of machine guns for close range deterrance. Makes for a great sniper. Also had some great games with the PHX1 with an AC10 and 3 MLs and an XL270. The key is to keep moving and never ever tackle anyone head on. Works as the perfect flanking. Tag on to a bigger friend and take pot shots when the enemy are focussed on the bigger threat. Not my most effective of mechs but definitely one of the most fun.

#189 Damnedtroll

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 676 posts
  • LocationFrog land of Quebec

Posted 24 November 2016 - 08:37 AM

Fun mecha to play, not forgiving if you do a stupid error (like shutdown in the mist of combat...), but when i'm not doing one, i do over 500 damage easy with my 1b.

#190 Metallic Helium

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 07:11 AM

I like the Roc and the Kuroi Kiri.

You have to get a real feel to drive PHX's well.

The Roc serves a role that is unique. At first it runs in like a Cheetah, then when the armor arrives it serves as a front line brawler(!) Switch between brawler and harrasser over and over until the match is over. Non-ECM PHX's are zero good at backstabbing.

The Machine guns on all the PHXs are really unusual. I've run Locusts and Vipers with 4+ MGs for months on end, and it takes a good long second or two or five to crit ammo. With the PHXs, a slight brush will do it. With my Roc's single MG, if there's open armor, it's a guaranteed crit... instantly.

So if you are at a jaunty angle, have your SRM6s going and your MG, and lasers for an accessory 15 direct fire damage, components are going to fly.

The max damage tops around 850-just under 900 if you are carrying. The reason for this is, all the assaults you are shooting are losing components they wouldn't lose to laser fire... and your team doesnt have to worry about that lrm or guass rifle early on. But you'll soon run out of things to shoot, and your damage just sticks around there. Cheetahs can outscore them, but mediums almost never do.

You can't really say much bad about it. Would someone be upset if their 3 ERLL shadowhawk could go 123 kph? The talk about the brittle arms is inaccurate. It's got about the same as a cent's arms, and since you are being careful to not get shot, they end up being like reliable buick sized shields.

Edited by Rogori, 07 December 2016 - 07:12 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users