11 replies to this topic

#1 Silas7

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 130 posts
  • Location'Mechbay

Posted 16 May 2016 - 07:13 PM

Here is my Centurion I do ok, lots of fun in QP. Feedback welcome, and in my opinion a better champion load-out.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...575b88ffda22d6c

Any one run XL builds they would like to share?

#2 TimeBomb572

Rookie

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 8 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 17 May 2016 - 08:33 AM

This is my loadout.

CN9-A(C)

The XL255 offers just a bit more free tonnage at the cost of top speed to the 275, but is cheaper. Elited, it runs about 88kph. It also has a bit more armor than you run and is a little more front-loaded; if you're running QP games then you'll want to run a little less front-loaded setup unless you're dropping with people you know. I also use the Artemis guidance and an LB10X instead of the AC10. It makes a lot better brawling setup and for blasting lights, you just aim in front of their feet when you start the circle of death and pull the trigger. The weapon group is simple two button for me, and an alpha strike will incapacitate a light if you aim well. The regular SRM's had a bit too wide a pattern for me, and the I prefer the pattern of the LB10X over the single slug AC10.

-Travis

#3 SleekHusky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 124 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 02:46 AM

Ever since quirks I feel sad that everyone has forgotten about the original Zombie Cent build.
It's the old champ build and is really fun though the hitbox nerf does make it a bit obsolete compared to other mediums now.

#4 mogs01gt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 4,292 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 18 May 2016 - 05:34 AM

View PostSilas7, on 16 May 2016 - 07:13 PM, said:

Here is my Centurion I do ok, lots of fun in QP. Feedback welcome, and in my opinion a better champion load-out.
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...575b88ffda22d6c
Any one run XL builds they would like to share?

Do some searches and you'll find every Cent build you'll ever need. XLs are perfectly at home in Cents

#5 Silas7

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 130 posts
  • Location'Mechbay

Posted 18 May 2016 - 12:13 PM

With all the Kodiaks running around XL are really risky for a cent right now, I have run them before but i wanted to see some of the community's go-to XL builds meta and nonmeta.

View PostSleek34, on 18 May 2016 - 02:46 AM, said:

Ever since quirks I feel sad that everyone has forgotten about the original Zombie Cent build.
It's the old champ build and is really fun though the hitbox nerf does make it a bit obsolete compared to other mediums now.

I like having something mounted in the arm ballistic wise so i have something i can shoot while i close the gap, and with the Ac10's RoF, rangeband and ammo/ton makes it worth the tonnage to me. But the zombie build you linked could be fun in scouting. :D

#6 PeeWrinkle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 384 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 02:33 PM

I have always found all Centurions decently XL friendly. Playing mine I have always felt speed is the key for them. Also in all my builds I focus on one weapon type with two backup lasers. Reason is it is hard to run big ACs and missiles on a 50 tonner.

On my CN9-A I ran two builds mainly.
SRM Brawler
AC Brawler: This one is pretty much the A(C) with different armor values. I would also entertain running MPLs and dropping to a STD 265.
If I were going to do a mixed build I'd probably do it with and LBX10.
You could always drop Artemis on the SRM4 and upgrade the engine a bit and upgrade the SLs to MLs.

I still think having only two different weapons on the Centurion is the way to go though.

#7 Dawnstealer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 18 May 2016 - 02:51 PM

My general view is that if a mech can zombie up (ie run without both side torsos and still contribute) you should probably build it that way. Granted, some of the Cents are just way more useful with big XLs, but there's still something to be said for being able to tank and having those 2 MPLs (or 1 LPL) blurping away at your enemy long after you should have died.

#8 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 20 May 2016 - 02:37 PM

This is what I've been using on my CN9-A, results may vary, but I find she holds up fairly well. The solid hit boxes let her run an XL with some decent twisting.

#9 PeeWrinkle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 384 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 04:38 PM

Running all ammo in the torso's without CASE on and IS XL Engine is suicide.

#10 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 20 May 2016 - 05:04 PM

View PostPeeWrinkle, on 20 May 2016 - 04:38 PM, said:

Running all ammo in the torso's without CASE on and IS XL Engine is suicide.

CASE is largely pointless in MWO for IS mechs, even more so for XL equipped IS mechs. In all my time in MWO, I cannot think of for the life of me where I suffered an Ammo explosion. All CASE does is prevent damage from an Ammo Explosion transferring to the CT, with an IS XL you are still taking the magic three engine hits to disable your Mech with ST loss, so you might as well save the half ton and one crit slot per ST you'd be spending on CASE and spend it on something useful.

The main TT reason for CASE was due to salvaging a damaged Mech, even with an XL the Mech could be salvaged, provided the CT had not been completely destroyed. As we have an unlimited number of the Mech we have in our hanger, CASE is pointless.

#11 Cato Phoenix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 843 posts

Posted 22 May 2016 - 11:18 PM

I have 2 zombies - one with trip SRM4 artemis, 2MPLAS, and the other with SRM6x3, 2 meds. Can't decide which I like better.

#12 ZeProme

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • 562 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 08:28 PM

I have two CN9As, one that I originally bought as my 1st or 2nd mech (don't remember) and the second one is from completing a milestone, also known as the CN9-A(C).

First CN9A - LBX-10, 2 MLs, 2SRM4, 1SRM2. STD engine. Rather slow but the STD engine helps retain it's infamous tankiness.
Second CN9A (Also known as the ZombieCent) - 3SRM4-6, 2MLs, ART? with higher STD engine. If you practice torso twisting, I guarantee this mech can really out-tank and out-brawl some higher class mechs. I survived with 8% hull armor before! :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users