• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 03 March 2016 - 05:29 PM

View PostBud Crue, on 03 March 2016 - 06:47 AM, said:

I've clearly lived a sheltered video game life.

First the cheating debate in this game. In the bit more than a year that I've been playing I think I have had maybe three matches wherein I suspected something odd was going on but never felt "OMG that guy right there is cheating". Yet I see on the forums that many consider cheating to be so prolific that they find the game unbearable.

Now this. The idea that there are folks playing this game who are so incompetent or so hostile that they actively TK their fellows is frankly shocking to me. The fact that this is so prolific that PGI apparently needs to put a mechanism in place to punish this behavior just blows me away. I get that accidents happen, and I get that sometimes you feel the need to retaliate against the jerk that just cored you at the spawn (you shouldn't retaliate, but I get it), but that there are people doing damage to their own teams, regularly and on purpose...just, wow. Why do such people even play? I truly don't understand this.

If you didn't live half way across the country id invite you to have a beer with me sir.

Me sentiments exactly lol...

View PostTVMA Doc, on 03 March 2016 - 03:12 PM, said:

I had a match a few weeks back where I was pinning a sniper down who was shooting up a lane at our advancing team on Mining Collective. Just as I fired my two ERLLs, a team mate decides to peek out to take a shot at the enemy as well.

His arm got blown off (mostly by the enemy mech), but I immediately got repeated team chat hate tells about shooting him. He got pretty rude and condescending about it (surprise, right?).

When the match ended I checked my log to see a whopping 3 points of team damage. Either he had no armor on his rear torso, or he's blaming the wrong person entirely-not to mention that you could see me cutting up this guy as he tried to poke out for shots with his clan ERLLs. I was pinning him for the better part of half a minute already to let others get in position.

It's amazing how upset some people get from honest friendly fire in game. Even if I had been the one to blast him, it's not like firing in the drop zone/intentionally firing into his back while we're doing the Conga line...then you add the fact that HE steps into the line of fire.

I hate when the reticles end up overlapping and a friendly mech ends up appearing as an enemy target. I've never killed someone that way, but I have done some unfortunate amounts of damage in a couple of instances. Dark maps tend to cause this. There's little to no sense of depth in heat or night vision modes. It makes it far too easy to mistake where that enemy target marker is originating.

PGI should fix this, Blue dorito should always be ON TOP of the red one....id rather not see the enemy then unload and alpha into a team mate. I hate when that happens and often feel like a huge d*%k.

#62 SQW

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 05:48 PM

I once did 45 dmg to the leg of a team mate...on purpose.

He was so focused on what's in front of him, he didn't see 2 heavies creeping up behind him over a period of 20 sec. Plus he wasn't looking at the warning I was typing in chat. So I shot him.

It worked too. It broke him out of his blinkers and made him realize 2 red triangles are practically touching his backside. Posted Image

#63 Bill Lumbar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 06:31 PM

I would have to go back and look at my fraps records, l haven't been playing much at all in the last 6 months, but I seem to think this guy (OP) has a habit of TK and FF. I could be wrong but I m pretty sure I have come across him in game several times. If you are doing it to troll people.... just move on man, this game isn't for you anymore.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users