Occupied city (Roleplaying-story telling)

250 replies to this topic

#1 Brenden

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,603 posts
  • LocationIS News Flash Breaking [:::]___[:::] News: at morning /(__)\ a patrol unit has (:)=\_ ¤_/=(:) seen the never /)(\ before witnessed [] . . [] strange designed /¥\ . /¥\ 'Mech

Posted 07 December 2011 - 10:03 AM

This is the forum of which people will actually ROLEPLAY, that’s right, ROLEPLAY as to what their character is doing in this setting. The setting in question is a destroyed city:

It’s dark, it’s raining, the buildings are blown to bits and there are still patrols of the Draconis Combine prowling the streets – looking for any survivors. To the north lays a cluster of Combine Drops ships which just happen to be in a type of crater they dug out. The influence of the Combine can be felt to the far regions of the city; as such Battlemechs, Tanks, infantry patrols and VTOLs are prevalent to keep a foot hold on this city. The ‘mechs that prowl the streets include: Firestarters, Urbanmechs, Stingers, Jenner (rarely) and a few Hermes II and much more. These ‘mechs prey on those who cannot run or submit to the rule of their new oppressors. As such a type of resistance has formed in this city that is literally underground, in sewers and abandoned tunnels that have been excavated to hold more things than just people. The citizens of this city still live as best they can: Going to work, school or to the Bar to relieve the stress of the Combine on their backs. A bar is open, called “The empty Stein”, far into the central-northern section of the city. Most of the Combine pilots and drivers go there too, in a special “Military” officer’s section off to the eastern side of the bar and away from the citizens. It’s a sad time to be living in this city, what with random searches of homes, destruction of buildings and the ever so persistent resistance and their crudely armed ‘mechs and tanks.
That being said, this is what most will be:
A Citizen
A ‘mech pilot, Tank driver or VTOL pilot (Resistance, DC, Other)
A member of the resistance
A member of the Former militia

Typing out a profile will be another thing, as such here is a blank for people to cut/past onto their postings[/color]
Name:
Affiliation.

You can add more to this if you would like, but at the moment I doubt this will gain any REAL publicity to where multiple people will be posting.
Pictures of this city will be added later on.

Edited by Brenden, 13 December 2011 - 09:47 AM.

#2 Jasin Lochnivar

• PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationManchester NH

Posted 07 December 2011 - 11:52 AM

I'm game. Which planet are we looking at? Or which realm? Just want to make sure I have the right "feel" for the story.

Jasin M. Lochnivar

Male

Loch has the pale skin and raven dark hair of a native of Trellwan. His eyes are a shocking ice blue and a tattoo of a gray colored rose winds up his back, the petals peeking over his collar at the back of the neck. He's quiet and moody, capable of some wild mood swings in the right conditions.

Affiliation: He's a St. Ives officer. However, business has brought him to this world and now he's trapped with the others, unable to reach a dropship to take him off the planet. He's best described as neutral, however, he's definately not a fan of House Kurita. So that makes him resistance by default should he fight.

#3 Kevin Kirov

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 03:19 PM

Kavinaugh Kivor

Male
Apperance: 6'2" 235 short red brown hair with pale skin. Peircing hazel eyes. Paleish. (Generic Celt)

Background: Born and raised in the FRR Kavin was raised as a mechwarrior. His father served in the KungsArme durring the Ronin wars but was killed shortly after Kavins birth. After graduating from a small military academy in the FRR, Kavin moved to the Dracons Combine to search for work as a mercenary with his familys battlemech, a Orion (OI1-M) passed down since the times of the star league. Unable to find work as a mercenary he settled on (PLANET) and served in the militia for 5 months on the planet. When he learned what he was repressing he was swept up in the Anti-Kurita movement of the resistance and has been working with them for around a month.

Allegiance: Resistance memeber?

#4 Brenden

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,603 posts
  • LocationIS News Flash Breaking [:::]___[:::] News: at morning /(__)\ a patrol unit has (:)=\_ ¤_/=(:) seen the never /)(\ before witnessed [] . . [] strange designed /¥\ . /¥\ 'Mech

Posted 07 December 2011 - 04:08 PM

Forgetting to mention I made this post while still in Class, I forgot to add the following:
The planet is mostly one with heavy rain fall, so most if not all of the postings will have rain. During the day the rain is light, like a drizzle but as dark encroaches it begins to turn into a downpour - making visibility comparable to Pea Soup Fog from actual fog and the rain itself.
The planet: Bonette
Realm: Border of Federated Suns and Draconis Combine.
On a map that you would hold it would be two centimeters into the realm.

#5 azaptyE

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 05:16 PM

Jurgen Munchaussen.

Male
5'7 127 lbs Scruffy dark brown hair, green eyes, and a shade of facial hair giving you the feel that
he doesn't really care for his appearance.

Originally he was part of the "local" police force however when fighting for the planet was over, in an attempt to avoid riots, most armed police forces were laid off and their weapons/vehicles confiscated.

#6 Jasin Lochnivar

• PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationManchester NH

Posted 08 December 2011 - 04:57 AM

Sounds like fun. Let's party.

#7 Brenden

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 06:52 AM

Just need a few more people, then I can send off the first few posts to set the pace of the story in motion.

#8 theginganinja

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 192 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 08 December 2011 - 03:54 PM

Name: Pard Davidson

Affiliation: Resistance

Physical Description: About 1.8 meters tall, and 80 kilograms in weight. Davidson is fairly wiry - he has muscle, but is not bulky. He has fair skin, and has never been able to get much of a tan. He wears his blonde hair short, but does not reduce it to stubble. He normally prefers not to grow facial hair, but the recent occupation has left him little time to groom - he now sports a thick beard. Numerous cuts, burns, and even a bullet wound have left a number of scars over his body. He sports one tattoo - the insignia of his unit, the First Robinson Rangers, is on his right shoulder blade.

Background: Davidson is a native of Bonette, and was raised to despise the Draconis Combine - however, this never really took. He sees them more as a worthy adversary than as the spawn of the devil. Regardless of this, he was proud to be assigned to the 1st Robinson Rangers after joining the AFFS at age 18 and being trained as a MechWarrior. He fought many battles against the Combine; although he was not the most skilled pilot around, he was certainly able to hold his own in combat. When Bonette was taken, he was on leave and visiting with his family. When the world was taken, he decided to lend his intimate knowledge of a 'Mech's weaknesses to the resistance. He is capable of leading small units, but has little experience with true leadership. Although he is perfectly fine fighting 'Mechs while in one of his own, fighting them from on foot or in a vehicle is another matter entirely - while he won't be found deserting, he worries greatly every time he sees a Combine 'Mech.

Let me know if this is okay, if you want me to write up a Draconis character instead (there doesn't seem to be any DC players yet), or whatever.

Edited by irishwarrior, 08 December 2011 - 03:59 PM.

#9 CaveMan

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,127 posts
  • LocationIn a leather flying cap and goggles

Posted 08 December 2011 - 05:02 PM

What year does this take place in? Based on the initial description it feels 3015-ish.

Name: Jason Kafka

Male, 26 years old, 183cm tall, 95kg. Bleach-blonde hair (long-ish, surfer style) and dark green eyes. He has a prominent scar above his left eyebrow and a perpetual scruffy, two-week beard.

Kafka was born into the 21st Centauri Lancers, his father a MechWarrior and his mother an AsTech. He grew up around BattleMechs, absorbing as much information as he could learn about them. He joined the Lancers as a MechWarrior on his 18th birthday. Initially piloting a Stinger with the Lancers, Kafka fought in three battles, earning a commendation for valor during a raid against Lyran territory.
Three years later, Kafka's father was killed along with his entire lance, in a botched mission to capture a DCMS prototype BattleMech shipment.
Grief-stricken and wanting revenge against House Kurita, the younger Kafka resigned his commission with the Lancers and signed on with a freelance mercenary lance headed for the Davion/Kurita border.
After almost three years of tedium, garrisoning border worlds, and a handful of minor raids into Kurita territory, Jason Kafka was ready to give up on his dreams of revenge. Then he found himself on Bonette when the Combine landed. With the rest of his lance killed in the initial fighting, and unwilling to turn himself in to the Dracs, Kafka decided to make contact with the resistance.

#10 VEDRFOLNIR

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  • LocationMidwest USA

Posted 08 December 2011 - 05:10 PM

Name: Eiko Durand-Nakamura

Affiliation: Citizen

Physical Description: Standing at 5'4" tall and weighing 95 pounds, Eiko keeps her black hair cut short. Though quite attractive, her beauty is usually marred by engine oil, grease, and other tell-tale signs of a mechanic. She can usually be found wearing a mechanic's apron over her non-descript clothing, tinkering with an engine or transmission. Though she comes from a mixed family, her looks are strongly influenced by her mother's Japanese heritage. Because of her mother's training, Eiko also affects many traditional Japanese traditions, such as bowing upon introduction before shaking someone's hand. She is also fluent in Japanese, which she often uses in everyday conversation.

Background: Eiko was born and raised on Bonette. Her mother, Miyuki, owned an Origami shop, while her father, André, worked as a technician at the AFFS base. Though many looked askance at her Japanese looks, she has always been loyal to the Federated Suns. Her father was killed in an industrial accident when she was fifteen, and Eiko became her mother's primary caretaker. Because of this, she filed for and received a family exemption from service in the AFFS, and instead enrolled in a local technical college, learning about vehicles and how to maintain them (to her mother's horror). Though she learned a smattering of AsTech skills from her father, working on BattleMechs is not really in her repertoire. Eiko has worked as a delivery pilot for Brilliant Genesis Transport Systems, ferrying equipment and deliveries for the past two years - before that, she worked in her mother's origami shop. She has trained extensively to pilot (and repair) VTOLs, aircraft, and ground vehicles. She is now a certified pilot and mechanic - such extensive skill garnered additional income for her and her mother.

When the DCMS invaded, Eiko's first thought was to protect her mother. They quickly closed the origami shop and retreated to the apartment over the shop. Though Eiko wished to get her mother into hiding, Miyuki's painful rheumatoid arthritis prevented her from going far. Venturing out into the city, Eiko found that Brilliant Genesis was no longer in business, so she would have no income for food and medicine for her mother.

Currently, Eiko finds herself in a state of uncertainty - though she surely wishes to fight against the DCMS invasion, her mother has pleaded for her to stay out of the conflict. Miyuki has no one else to turn to, if something should happen to her daughter. Eiko also has the problems of getting medication for her mother's arthritis, not to mention food. Though she detests the DCMS and what they have done to her planet, she has strongly considered going to them for aid, even though that is a very risky venture. She has also heard of the underground Resistance, but her fears about her mother currently prevent her from actively seeking them out - the DCMS is unforgiving to 'traitors'.

NOTE: I hope this character concept is all right. I wanted to RP someone caught in the crossfire, with some extra 'considerations' tying her hands. if this concept doesn't work, just let me know and I'll re-work it.

Edited by VEDRFOLNIR, 11 December 2011 - 08:25 PM.

#11 CaveMan

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,127 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 11:18 AM

So is this thread gonna get picked up or what? Still waiting on more characters?

#12 azaptyE

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 01:52 PM

Yea, OP needs to deliver.

#13 CaveMan

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,127 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 05:26 PM

So? OP? How about it? You going to let this die, or what?

#14 Brenden

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 07:55 PM

No, no. My computer experienced some problems so I needed to fix them. Let me write out the story, do not worry, this threat will not die.

I do love your RP profiles - such creativity: A former 'mech pilot, a woman caught in the cross fire, a Mercenary for hire...such wonder.
I think I may post my profile, as I neglected to do so before hand due to something coming up in Living Legends and Real Life.

#15 Brenden

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 08:23 PM

Day: Sunday, June 7th, 3039
-One year after occupation-
Local time is: Midday
Weather: Heavy fog, Heavy rain
Ambiant Temperature: 34.92 degrees

The streets, glistening as the heavy rain falls down onto it's black form. To the left of the street are a series of still open shops, a bar named "The empty Stien" and some appartments. These buildings are made of a dark red brick, made specifically to absorb laser fire in the event of urban combat which has sadly befallen this part of the district. The five story bank that lays to the north has it's top two floors blasted open, it's once massive and glowing sign hanging by what remains of it's former hinges and braces. The street itself has seen action in recent times as well, with holes from autocannons blasted into it's once flat and smooth surface. To the right of the street stand more appartments in a specific patter of Three story, Four story and Five story before returning to Three and then repeating. One of the Three story buildings has come down, leaving nothing but a pile of ruble and debris in it's wake. Next to it, on it's left lies a fallen Jenner, bearing the mark of the Combine's symbol on it's sides. It's legs had been broken by the knee inward, it's "guts" strun out infront and beneath it and it's cockpit blown open.

This street, called "Maybury, is not the only victim - many others, some residential and some commericial have also fall victim to the Draconis Combine. Once they established control, they began to destroy all buisnesses that refused to pay a new form of 'buisness' tax to the Combine in control of their former government. The famous victims would be the homeless shelter, who did not refuse to pay the tax but could not pay it. Believing them to be lying, they had a lance of Firestarters lead by one Urbie Incinerate and destroy the building till nothing remained. All those who fled where taken into MP custody or fell under the Machine guns of the Firestarters. This only enflamed the resistance, who have named themself "Die Dunkle Mann" or 'The Dark Men' in German due to operations at night, who have sprouted up to fight back the Combine in anyways they can.

(( More to come, due to me nearly falling asleep this may not sound so right. You press your thoughts.
It's begun.)

#16 Orcinus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 346 posts
  • LocationYour Left Flank

Posted 11 December 2011 - 08:53 PM

((Can I still make a profile for this?
I just noticed this thread and I am interested in making a character.

EDIT: Grammar. I am my own worst critic.))

Edited by Orcinus, 11 December 2011 - 10:04 PM.

#17 Brenden

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 09:22 PM

(( Yes you can, but since it's started the (()) it to tell when you're typing out of character.)

#18 Orcinus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 346 posts
  • LocationYour Left Flank

Posted 11 December 2011 - 10:53 PM

((
Name: Takeo Furukawa
Description: Standing at 5’6” and about 156 pounds, Furukawa was a ‘mech pilot in the DCMS. Born and raised around the tenets of bushido, his Japanese heritage is obvious to any observer. He is a veteran of the ongoing border frictions between House Kurita and House Davion, having been stationed for years along the border between the two. Despite his years of service, recent actions taken by the DCMS have led him to question his station in life and whether or not he wanted to continue on the path he was taking.
His frustrations eventually boiled over during his deployment to Bonette upon witnessing the destruction of a homeless shelter and the slaughter/imprisonment of its occupants. Piloting his JR7-D Jenner at the time, he fled from the disturbing scene. Upon an encounter with another DC patrol unit, misunderstandings and a communication breakdown leave him on the run from the DCMS forces. Branded as a traitor and criminal for going AWOL and stealing a BattleMech, Furukawa wandered across Bonette, scraping by wherever he can with the meager pocket change he had brought with him. After a while, he came to the conclusion to try to contact elements of the resistance to offer his services, all the while evading the Combine's agents.
His Jenner, which had long borne the name Hana, had been damaged in the encounter with the patrol unit. It is currently hidden among Bonette’s debris and rubble, Furukawa having hoped that the damage sustained would prevent the 'mech from piquing the interest of any passersby.
Affiliation: None, but attempting to get in touch with the resistance
))

((EDIT: Addressing consistency issue with character's name. :P ))

Edited by Orcinus, 15 December 2011 - 02:28 PM.

#19 fuguzawaz

• PipPip
  • Star Colonel V
  • Star Colonel V
  • 38 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 11:23 PM

((
Name: "Dop"
Description: 5' 9", 130 pounds, coarse brown hair, green eyes, thin face and lanky body, a large scar from his ear to his chin.
History: Dop has grown up on the street all of his life. When he was just a baby, his parents were killed when fleeing a military coup on a backwater planet. When his parents were killed, their acquaintance took him to the current planet. Here, he grew up in poverty and, when he was 10, his caretaker was mugged and stabbed. From there he went on his own, begging on the streets and drifting from town to town. While drifting, he has met many groups of other people. His nickname, since his parents died before he learned his own name, comes from him acting similar to another person in one of the groups he met. The scar on his face was given as a right of passage of one of the groups he bumped into and subsequently joined. Although the group has been disbanded, there are a few surviving members. When the occupation started, he fled to this city, as it is where he grew up with his parents friend.
Affiliation: Drifter
))

#20 Kevin Kirov

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 11:24 PM

Kavin slowly saunters into The Empty Stein for his lunch hour, allowing himself to enjoy the Warm/Cold ((Temp in F or C?)) rain that reminded him so much of the home he misses. The job as a driver is not nearly what I was looking for, he thought to himself. If only the resistance would unleash him and HIS Orion, Cadeyrn. Then we could show these DCMS scum the resistance meant bussiness. It was no use puss-y footing around with small raids and skirmishes, I could finish them off myself. As Kavin pondered the methods the resistance leadership was using he sat at the bar and ordered. "House sushi, a pop, and...umm ah" pointing to a bottle behind the counter "and that bottle there."
"As you wish" responded the native barkeep
About half way through the meal Kavin notices a familiar face walk through the door.
Should I acknowledge them and possibly reveal what I am? Or do I ignore them and allow them the first move? Decisions decisions Kavin thought.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users