Unknown Failure. Repair Tool?

10 replies to this topic

#1 Ollorin

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 56 posts

Posted 05 March 2016 - 05:08 PM

While in the mech lab I got a "Transaction failed" error pop up. Then a minute or two later the client crashed and gave me an "Unknown failure". Now everytime I try to log in, it logs me in, I get to the "connecting" and then it just crashes and gives me the "Unknown failure" again.

The first thig I see that's recommended to do with problems like this is to run the repair tool. unfortunately I can't find it. Not in any of my folders and I can't seem to find a download link for it anywhere.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Where the heck do I download the repair tool from?

#2 Roughneck Cobra

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 462 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 05 March 2016 - 07:33 PM

Its in the win32 folder

#3 Ollorin

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 56 posts

Posted 05 March 2016 - 10:27 PM

View PostStryker Ezekiel, on 05 March 2016 - 07:33 PM, said:

Its in the win32 folder

Apparently not on the steam installed version.

#4 p4r4g0n

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,511 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 06 March 2016 - 02:10 AM

Delete game cache?

#5 Ollorin

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 56 posts

Posted 06 March 2016 - 07:38 AM

View Postp4r4g0n, on 06 March 2016 - 02:10 AM, said:

Delete game cache?

I tried that. Since last night I've tried completely uninstalling and re-installing. I've also tried downloading the normal installer and installing that way. It doesn't seem to matter which installation I use I get the same fault. I've also tried resetting my router and modem and turned off my firewall to see if there was a problem there. No dice.

Before going to bed last night I completely uninstalled both installations and am going to try a fresh install of the non steam installation. From my end though it's looking like a server side problem. The only thing I can think of that I can do to test that theory 100% would be to install on another pc at another location that has a different ISP.

The wierd thing is, it seemed to clear itself after an hour or so the first time it happend. This time it seems to be more persistent. I guess I'll find out in about 40 minutes if this fresh install works or not......

#6 p4r4g0n

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,511 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 06 March 2016 - 08:10 AM

Could you check that all the Mechwarrior Online files in Saved Games folder in C:/Users/[your name is also deleted when you uninstall i.e. you have a fresh set of config files, etc when you run into this problem after a fresh install.

If it was then you may want to get in touch with technical@mwomercs.com cause it likely is either server side or your connection.

#7 Ollorin

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 56 posts

Posted 06 March 2016 - 08:46 AM

View Postp4r4g0n, on 06 March 2016 - 08:10 AM, said:

Could you check that all the Mechwarrior Online files in Saved Games folder in C:/Users/[your name is also deleted when you uninstall i.e. you have a fresh set of config files, etc when you run into this problem after a fresh install.

If it was then you may want to get in touch with technical@mwomercs.com cause it likely is either server side or your connection.

Yup, did all that. Even tried installing on a completely different drive. I contacted tech support but of course they probably won't respond until at least Wed.

#8 Ollorin

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 56 posts

Posted 06 March 2016 - 09:53 AM

Well I tried logging in with and alt account and that worked. So to me that pointed at a server issue. On a whim I decided to try a different driver for my gpu. Suddenly I was able to log in on my main account. Closed out of MWO and came back, and I'm back to the same problem.

#9 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 08 March 2016 - 02:19 PM

Quick question: Since installing the StandAlone Version of MWO, have you called the Repair Tool at all from the small gear icon on the Launcher's top-right corner buttons? :mellow:

~D. V. "couldn't tell if this had been covered or not" Devnull

#10 Sky Phoenix

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 08:46 PM

where is the repair tool?

#11 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,654 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 24 June 2017 - 09:20 PM

In your Mechwarrior Online\Bin32 folder

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 24 June 2017 - 09:22 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users