New~Ish Player Looking For A Unit To Drop With

3 replies to this topic

#1 Edeldorf

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 11:10 AM

Right, so I'm terrible at introductions so I'll be short about it. I've been playing MWO on and off for a couple of years now, but I only got properly into it in the past couple of months. And I hunger for something more than what quickplay can offer.

You could say I'm a bit disillusioned to play with a bunch of strangers and getting facerolled because very few people communicates and I kind of want to have a community to tell dirty jokes with as we get facerolled with dignity. That sort of thing.

Either way, I'm at heart a casual player, but I'm getting my head in the game on how to build proper 'mechs, making a useful dropdeck (I've started following Mech the Danes guideline to making a Stormtrooper deck) and I really want to slap some clanners (and Steiner, **** 'em. I remember MW4: Vengeance *************!) around for our glorious scandiboo Republic.

tl;dr
Lonely mechwarrior looking for a unit to blast clanners and tell dirty limericks with.

#2 DaemonWulfe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 16 March 2016 - 01:15 PM

Address: 162.243.239.158:9725
Password: Dragon

Welcome to the Kungsarme! First thing you'll want to do, wait, scratch that. You've already seen Mech The Dane's recommended builds. Second thing you'll want to do is start logging into the FRR Hub on teamspeak. That's where the majority of the core FRR units meet. We usually have a couple of 12 man mixed unit groups going on most nights of the week. This will give you a chance to drop with various units and see who strikes your fancy.

Most of our CW drops are somewhat organized, so you'll get to experience graceful face rolling along with getting some wins too, depending on who's dropping against us for the evening. Looking forward to seeing you online! We're working on getting that drop deck used by more and more people so we can start dropping 12 man groups with a little more organization than usual.

If you'd like, check the FRR Hub. At the very bottom of the channel list there's a channel called "Stormtrooper proof." You can right click on that channel and edit it to place a link to a screen shot of your Stormtrooper deck. This will let the hub admins know you can rock the deck at any time, anywhere. They'll give you a tag for it as well, so you'll be easy to find in a crowd. When we get enough names listed, we'd like to get some groups started up for several drops over a period of time. This is to build synergy between the team members, and their mechs. Looking forward to seeing you online with us!

#3 Edeldorf

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 01:41 PM

I will be dropping in there asap! And to clarify, I don't have a full Stormtrooper deck yet. I've only got a fresh out of the factory QKD-4G and a BL-7-KNT-L with ER Large laser vomit. But I'm working on it, however grinding C-bills in Quick play has been a god damn chore.

Edited by Edeldorf, 16 March 2016 - 01:41 PM.

#4 AdolfGhandi

• Pip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 14 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 March 2016 - 07:49 AM

Welcome to the organised chaos of the frr hub. Thx for the drops yesterday.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users