3 replies to this topic

#1 Kalimaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 19 March 2016 - 09:32 AM

Domination. For some reason this brings back memories of the game I played as a kid called King of the Hill. Needless to say, the biggest kids always won. Yet here on MWO it seems a lot more equal. So far I like this new game mode, not simply because it is different, but it is straight forward. Hold the base and win.

Now I've only played a couple of matches so far on Domination, and it seems to work.

I also must admit that I like the Kill a Team Mate Penalty as this might just stop Team Kills.

I also was not expecting the new map, which in my opinion is a lot better done that it's counter part on CW as it is more open and does not pin you into an area where you feel like your trapped in some kill zone.

#2 AWOL 01

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 347 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 21 March 2016 - 11:12 AM

I really enjoy the new Domination game mode, especially on the new map (Grim Plexus). It seems to centralize the fighting in one location and overall has led to much better matches for me personally. I would like to see Assault and Conquest work in a similar way, with each mode just having more zones in it. For Assault each team would have one, and in Conquest there would be 5, maybe with a 200m radius rather than 400?

The only thing is that I haven't seen anyone use the 2 extra objectives that add time to the other team's counter; maybe these need to be relocated or have their effect changed/buffed?

Edited by AWOL 01, 21 March 2016 - 11:13 AM.

#3 Ano

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 637 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 23 March 2016 - 05:21 PM

It's okay. My main complain is that is exacerbates the "fights always happen in the same damn place" problem of most maps.

I've seen elsewhere suggested that there should be more than one place for the centre circle (with spawnpoints adjusted as necessary), selected at random, so that each match isn't just a charge for the same place.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users