160 replies to this topic

#1 Garth Erlam

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,756 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • YouTube: Link
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 07 December 2011 - 04:01 PM

This month’s theme is all about Community Warfare.

Read this http://mwomercs.com/support#faq and this http://mwomercs.com/...10/2-dev-blog-0 first.

Rules:
  • Read the entire thread before posting a question.
  • Only questions about Community Warfare please.
  • Do not reply, discuss, or respond to any questions in this thread.
Keep it clean please. The easier it is for use to read, the more likely we’ll answer your question.

The answers to selected questions will be posted on Wednesday December 21, at 10:00AM PST(ish)

#2 Red Beard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 845 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 04:04 PM

How large are you planning to make match sizes in terms of number of players? 4 vs 4, 8 vs 8...etc.

#3 Mchawkeye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 04:09 PM

My question this time is:

How will team based communication be handled? Will there be a built in team chat or will it be purely third party chat clients?

If it does come built in, will it pretty standard or have you plans to make it funky, to, as they say, bring the funk? I'm thinking as much outside of the action as in the ****. and indeed, will negotiation be a part of our arsenal or is that just too..lady like?

No one says that. "bring the funk" indeed.

I don't even say that.

...Sigh.

Edited by Mchawkeye, 07 December 2011 - 04:34 PM.

#4 CeeKay Boques

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 3,371 posts
  • LocationYes

Posted 07 December 2011 - 04:13 PM

How will the matchmaking service work?

Will All games be scheduled with challenges/Batchalls?

Will there be open servers with no impact on the worlds?

Will worlds have maps that are local only that planet?

Do you plan on individulizing all the worlds, or will many of the worlds have the same terrain/gravity?

Will you force worlds to change hand to conincide with the Canon as time progresses, or will this be a player run universe that allows us to rewrite history as far as territory goes?

#5 LordKelvin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 04:15 PM

Are there any plans to introduce 'Mechs that have never been present in the MechWarrior video games but have existed in the tabletop games for years, like the Mercury, Mackie, or Thug?

#6 GaussDragon

• 2,183 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 07 December 2011 - 04:25 PM

I see that faction progression is based upon results of server matches. Are you guys going to have special event matches for historically-important worlds that are more formalized, one-off, wave-style matches?

#7 Agasutin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 115 posts
  • LocationUSA

Can a Merc players ALSO be faction player, as in belonging to a Merc Corp AND faction rank?

Care to elaborate on the world bonuses?

Will the manufacturers of mechs/weapons be represented in the worlds that can be occupied?

Edited by Agasutin, 07 December 2011 - 04:29 PM.

#8 Threat Doc

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts
  • LocationO'Shaughnnessy MMW Base, Devon Continent, Rochester, FedCom

As a Mercenary Corporation, all members’ earned loyalty points go to the Merc Corp. The Merc Corp must have a minimum amount of loyalty points with a faction before they are able to engage in planetary combat on behalf of that faction. Loyalty points also determine the type and level of contract a Merc Corp is permitted to bid on. These loyalty point restrictions mean that a Merc Corp’s membership, must remain active in order to maintain the required level of LPs.

Ranks are created within a Merc Corp by the Merc Corp leader. The naming of the ranks is entirely up to the Merc Corp leader who can assign Merc Corp level permissions to each rank."
So, wait, if nearly all of my members are based in Davion, and I don't have enough points to be able to work for any other House, from the beginning, Davion is all I'll be able to work for?

Is there a way to earn points to be able to take contracts with other Houses?

#9 Red Beard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 845 posts

Will LPs be transferable from lone wolf status should a pilot choose to join a faction?

#10 HardDrive

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 154 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 07 December 2011 - 04:28 PM

I do like the ideas of the rewards for different ranks, just not that it is controlled by LP. I may have this wrong in how I am thinking but for instance this sounds to me like in house Steiner the Arcon would be determined by the amount of time played???

#11 Red Beard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 845 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 04:29 PM

How do lone wolf pilots earn LPs, being that they are not loyal to any faction of mercenary group?

#12 That Guy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 1,057 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 04:29 PM

is it possible to be join a faction, but still be apart of a separate smaller "unit" (inner faction "guilds")?

how will these "special" rank based units work?

Will faction affiliated players be able to play with lone wolves in the "random matches" at will?

Edited by That Guy, 07 December 2011 - 04:36 PM.

#13 Sesambrot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 862 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 07 December 2011 - 04:30 PM

In that recent update it was mentioned, that by gaining loyalty points, a factionplayer will be able to acquire special items, unit skins etc.
How will it still be desireable for someone, to play as a Lone Wolf when there is no special content to be earned that way, or is there going to be other stuff which only a Lone Wolf can acquire?

#14 xlrate

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 07 December 2011 - 04:32 PM

Will a Merc Corp be able to raid and do planetary defense? and going even further along this train of thought, if a day is a day, how do we deal with transport between systems, planetary burn ins, pirate points, and jump sail / recharge of jump ships.

Another question, How large will merc companies be allowed to be, and can the game handle battles as large as 1 Regimental Combat Team versus another (roughly 200 vs 200 mechs)

#15 Red Beard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 845 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 04:32 PM

What different rewards systems do you have planned for being victorious in a match?

For example, winning might earn 10 LPs, 1K XP, and 2K C-Bills.....

Will salvage be a direct spoil of victory, and if so, how will it be spread over the faction members involved?

#16 ManDaisy

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationKing Of Flower Beds

Posted 07 December 2011 - 04:33 PM

any plans to have player radio/ faction radio with actors, scripts,news, jingles, etc? A lot of us here support the idea of some kinda thing to listen to to set the mood and aid our imaginations instead of just reading stuff off a bullet board thing.

Edited by ManDaisy, 07 December 2011 - 05:09 PM.

#17 Amechwarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 729 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 07 December 2011 - 04:34 PM

1. In the Dev Blog 1 it was mentioned "The Merc Corp must have a minimum amount of loyalty points with a faction before they are able to engage in planetary combat on behalf of that faction." How will they gather that minimum amount of LP before being able to fight for that faction, if they are not allowed to fight for them? Will their be other types of missions a Corp can perform for factions like raids or recon to gain faction LPs?

2. What happens if a Merc Corp takes total hold of a border world and never signs on again? How can a rival company assault a planet if the defenders are not logged on?

3. Will faction pledged players have any participation on border world skirmishes or are they only for Merc Corps and vise versa for Merc Corps and Faction worlds?

#18 Kudzu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the SEC

Posted 07 December 2011 - 04:35 PM

Will there be sub-units to join within factions? In other words, can my friends and I join a specific regiment in order to assure that we will play together beyond lance-based formations?

Is there any reason for competitive players to join a faction over starting their own merc corp? It seems that merc companies decide their own fates while faction advances will be more of a matter of "who has the fewer number of bad players losing land" or "who got the luckiest match up's".

#19 Agasutin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 115 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 07 December 2011 - 04:35 PM

Can Periphery planets be occupied?

#20 Grayson Pryde

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 334 posts
  • LocationGermany Erfurt

Posted 07 December 2011 - 04:37 PM

Can you give us an example how the whole world conquering thing will work and what the benefits will be? And what can we get for the "loyality points?"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users