#1 SkavenDC

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 155 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationWith the Golden Foxes

Posted 23 March 2016 - 06:55 PM

Just had a quick question concerning the early adopter reward modules. Are those modules fully upgraded or just one level of that module?

Example. Phoenix Hawk has seismic sensor. Is that just one level of that module or both?

Thanks.

#2 Tickdoff Tank

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,647 posts
  • LocationCharlotte NC

Posted 23 March 2016 - 07:01 PM

Been a while since I had to think about this, but IIRC, the module is simply the module. The effect is changed based upon the number of upgrades you purchase with Global XP. So if you gave me a free LL cooldown module I would use it at skill lvl 5, and if you gave me a CLL cooldown I would use it at lvl 0.

#3 Dan Baxter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 240 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 23 March 2016 - 07:02 PM

How modules work is that they upgrade once you spent the required amount of general XP.

So for your example, if you have not unlocked "Advanced Seismic Sensor" then you will probably receive the basic Seismic Sensor. Once you unlock "Advanced Seismic Sensor", then any Seismic modules you have (or buy in the future) will automatically upgrade.

#4 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 23 March 2016 - 07:08 PM

The above are correct. Modules don't dome in ranks, that's purely pilot skill related.

#5 ImperialKnight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 07:42 AM

adding on to the answers already given, iirc, you need to unlock it yourself in the Pilot Tree before you can use the module.

i.e. if you have not unlocked Seismic, you will have the module but not able to use it.

not sure if that has changed

#6 SkavenDC

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 155 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationWith the Golden Foxes

Posted 24 March 2016 - 07:54 AM

Ahh. Didn't think of that aspect of it.

I knew that we had to unlock the modules with GXP and then buy them with c-bills, but for some reason I was assuming that the reward was the unlocked module, not simply the module itself. Makes sense now. Would still be a considerable c-bill savings though.

Reason for my asking was I am ready to spend some GXP and didn't want to waste anything that was going to be given to me. May as well just go ahead and unlock what I wanted to.

Thanks for all the answers. Understand it now.

#7 MechWarrior4023212

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 367 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

Posted 24 March 2016 - 12:26 PM

It better not require me to unlock it, I am getting radar dep for the Kodiak, and that is a 15000 one. If you get it, it should come either as usable one off or unlocked!

#8 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 12:37 PM

Actually you can use the modules regardless of whether or not you have unlocked it.

A module given to you usually goes by the name Module Name+. It works regardless of if you have the skill.
If you do NOT have the skill tree unlocked for it, you will have the entry level one quality for effects.
When you unlock beyond level 1, the module will 'update' its benefits to reflect it.

When they first did this module thing as a gift, I didn't and still do not own Radar Derp skill; but I can derp the radars.
I have range modules that give me range, though I haven't unlocked them.

You cannot however, "Buy" the modules normally unless you unlock the first 'skill' regarding it.

View PostSkavenDC, on 23 March 2016 - 06:55 PM, said:

Just had a quick question concerning the early adopter reward modules. Are those modules fully upgraded or just one level of that module?

Example. Phoenix Hawk has seismic sensor. Is that just one level of that module or both?

Thanks.

So to summarize what I said:
If you do not have unlocks: It is level 1. If you have level 1 unlocked in the skill tree, it is still level 1. But it will upgrade when you unlock level 2. And to 3, if there was a level 3 and you unlocked it. They are at the level you have access to and change accordingly (for free, mind you!)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users