#1 ShadowLiger

• PipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 21 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 26 March 2016 - 01:58 PM

My fellow MechWarriors (Hopefully VR Enthusiasts),

I am posting this just to get a roster of other players that have/are getting a VR headset. Not just to have other VR enthusiasts to game with, but also in the hopes that senpai (PGI) notices us and might have a beta for VR support if they are indeed working on it. Who knows, they might pull people from an established list "Cough Cough, PGI, Cough Cough, Pretty Please".

So post to this topic if you are getting into VR so us MechWarriors can start networking. Post with which headset your getting/have.

Like so:

I have an Oculus DK2 and currently waiting on my HTC Vive to arrive in the first week of April. Looking forward to seeing everyone on the battlefield. -ShadowLiger

Afterwards spread the word to our fellow VR peoples so we can get everyone here.

#2 dervishx5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Workhorse
  • The Workhorse
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 26 March 2016 - 02:51 PM

Posted Image

#3 Krivvan

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,318 posts
  • LocationUSA/Canada

Posted 26 March 2016 - 02:53 PM

#4 Mister Blastman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 26 March 2016 - 03:18 PM

No money for VR, so, I would rather PGI focuses spending money on technologies and improvements that can help the majority--not some way overpriced upgrade that most folks can't afford these days.

#5 Narcissistic Martyr

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 4,242 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY

Posted 26 March 2016 - 07:05 PM

Personally I hope VR doesn't become a requirement because that and 3D movies both make me violently ill.

But it'd be neat to be able to feel like I'm in the cockpit.

#6 Mister Blastman

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 26 March 2016 - 08:58 PM

View PostNarcissistic Martyr, on 26 March 2016 - 07:05 PM, said:

Personally I hope VR doesn't become a requirement because that and 3D movies both make me violently ill.

I can't even watch 3D movies. My eyes are incompatible with them, with or without my glasses.

#7 ShadowLiger

• PipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 21 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 27 March 2016 - 08:17 AM

View PostNarcissistic Martyr, on 26 March 2016 - 07:05 PM, said:

I don't imagine it will ever be a requirement. I am hoping it will work a bit like warthunder in that you can play the game with or without VR. I don't suggest jumping to the conclusion it would be a forced requirement.

#8 Midian

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 123 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 28 March 2016 - 09:59 AM

Would love to play MWO in VR. It would suit it perfectly. Can't wait for my HTC Vive to arrive next week :-)

#9 TexAce

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,861 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 28 March 2016 - 10:12 AM

I'll get my oculus rift in the next weeks.

#10 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 28 March 2016 - 10:26 AM

View PostMister Blastman, on 26 March 2016 - 08:58 PM, said:

I can't even watch 3D movies. My eyes are incompatible with them, with or without my glasses.

I am not impressed with the 3D movies either. If VR is like that then I don't want it. Although I havnt tried IMAX theatre in 3D yet, maybe the theatre I have seen 2 3D movies in sucks I don't know. Also I don't know how good VR is or the various versions of head sets.

Edited by Johnny Z, 28 March 2016 - 10:31 AM.

#11 Satan n stuff

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,508 posts
  • LocationLooking right at you, lining up my shot.

Posted 28 March 2016 - 10:33 AM

I'm still waiting for a direct neural interface.

Edited by Satan n stuff, 28 March 2016 - 10:36 AM.

#12 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 28 March 2016 - 10:33 AM

View PostMidian, on 28 March 2016 - 09:59 AM, said:

Would love to play MWO in VR. It would suit it perfectly. Can't wait for my HTC Vive to arrive next week :-)

I'm waiting for Mack at Worth a Buy review to even consider wanting any VR device. He said he is going to do a review. Claims he cant be bought. Posted Image He also claims Fallout 4 sucks so I don't always agree with him or his grasp of some games but his review will hold some weight.

Watching this right now.

Edited by Johnny Z, 28 March 2016 - 10:39 AM.

#13 ShadowLiger

• PipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 21 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 29 March 2016 - 09:13 PM

View PostJohnny Z, on 28 March 2016 - 10:33 AM, said:

I'm waiting for Mack at Worth a Buy review to even consider wanting any VR device. He said he is going to do a review. Claims he cant be bought. Posted Image He also claims Fallout 4 sucks so I don't always agree with him or his grasp of some games but his review will hold some weight.

Watching this right now.

I have enjoyed the tested reviews as well as this review . I have an Oculus DK2 and have certainly gotten my money's worth ( torturing my sisters with horror games, vengeance is so sweet) I really enjoy warthunder with it, my dad especially enjoys warthunder (WWII plane buff). When I first got into VR Mechwarrior was what I dreamed about playing, it was the first thing that came to mind when I saw the kickstarter.

I think it is good to do the review process and at this moment I wouldn't push you towards either headset. I would recommend checking the VR test that valve released: http://store.steampo...com/app/323910/
Running that test will let you know what the true cost of VR is for you. If you score low it would mean the cost would be higher as you would have to upgrade your computer to be able to handle VR gaming (they help by telling you where you can improve your desktop), if you score in the green then the cost should just be whichever headset you choose. Take your time, maybe wait till they have been in consumers hands for a couple of months. That way you get a large data set of experiences and can be informed when making your decision. Good Luck and let us know if you give it a shot.

#14 Maberi

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5 posts
  • LocationBarcelona, Spain

Posted 19 April 2016 - 05:07 AM

I have an HTC Vive and I'm looking for a way to use it with MWO.

#15 Jack Shayu Walker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 1,451 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 10:46 AM

My Oculus is on the way, and I want nothing more than to get my hands on that beta support!

I have no doubt that it will be amazing for this game.

#16 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts
  • LocationOn Reddit and Twitter

Posted 07 May 2016 - 01:18 PM

View PostMister Blastman, on 26 March 2016 - 03:18 PM, said:

No money for VR, so, I would rather PGI focuses spending money on technologies and improvements that can help the majority--not some way overpriced upgrade that most folks can't afford these days.

I will get VR when it has good games for it, MWO could be one of those games if they upgrade the engine, if not there is always that robot league I think it was called coming out.

Upgrading the engine benefits everyone even PGI, sure it's an investment but well worth the return in features.

I'm preordering the GTX 1080 Founders Edition this month and selling of my GTX 980's.

Edited by Imperius, 07 May 2016 - 01:20 PM.

#17 Daddy

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 31 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 10:51 PM

Just received mine today and have been playing it through the steam movie theater on the rift. Please give full support its amazing on Eve Valkerie.

#18 Wolfkolf

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 24 posts

Posted 21 May 2016 - 08:11 AM

I got my Vive 2 days ago and it is amazing! VR support would totally bring me back to MW:O.

Oh and I only ordered my Vive less then 2 weeks ago and its already is in, so run get yours! :-D

#19 TexAce

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,861 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 May 2016 - 08:21 AM

My oculus is patiently waiting for a VR version of MWO

#20 Yosharian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 1,656 posts

Posted 21 May 2016 - 08:25 AM

Own a HTC Vive.

Haven't played MWO with it. Not going to. VR experiences with games that aren't designed for them suck.

So far the only game I've played with any kind of frequency is Elite: Dangerous, and even that has some graphical issues.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users