Change In Star Wolf Leadership

51 replies to this topic

#1 Star Wolves Admin Account

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 31 March 2016 - 05:56 PM

Well Wolf buddies today we're having a change in the leadership of Star Wolves. Lucid, DirtDiver, KingUber, ExplosiveChild, CentsofFate, ChoboN00b and myself have decided to transfer control of our unit to Gruinhardt, MartyTokes, , and Sigurth. Going forward these will be our allied units primary contact for any sort of diplomatic dealings. We'll still be floating around our TS but we'll be working as admins in charge of building the larger community.

We've had a good time playing MWO but it is time for us to move on. We've been getting bored with the game for the last 6 months but are just to a point we've seen and played just about everything you can. We tried to rekindle our love of the game with some play in MRBC and other tournaments but just didn't have the desire to do the training needed anymore. As we are really not in any sort of shape for MRBC and are frankly just too busy with work and other interests we decided to dropout of this season to be respectful to the other teams. Half the time we barely could scrape together an 8 man and when we did we just didn't even really put any effort to win in. This move had been planned for awhile and originally was set to occur after MRBC finished but given our time/work issues this season we decided it would be best to move up the time table.

I have personally enjoyed playing with all of you guys over the years but it is time to move on. I'm really confident in the group of leaders that are replacing us and all of our friends in Wolf are free to drop by our TS to play MWO or the other games those of us that are leaving will be playing. Thanks much for a few years of fun.

Our best everyone. o7

P.S. We still have the space in TS and are working to turn the upper half of it into a Wolf Hub. We are sorry for the delay but our TS setup has issues and we may be looking at a complete rework of the system. Gruinhardt and Marty will keep everyone posted in regards to the status and you're all welcome to join us once we get it up and running. I personally won't be but you still might catch one of our former leaders in a pub game so be certain to say hello if you do.

#2 QueenBlade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2017 Bronze Champ
  • WC 2017 Bronze Champ
  • 710 posts

Posted 31 March 2016 - 06:19 PM

notice me SWOL-pai

#3 Jman5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 31 March 2016 - 06:21 PM

View PostBlueduck, on 31 March 2016 - 05:56 PM, said:

Half the time we barely could scrape together an 8 man and when we did we just didn't even really put any effort to win in.

Isn't SWOL a 500 member unit? As I recall there is no roster size limit in MRBC so I'm surprised you guys struggled to field an 8 man.

#4 Gruinhardt

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 4
  • Mercenary Rank 4
  • 198 posts

Posted 31 March 2016 - 06:32 PM

Marty and I have a second MRBC team. Most of our active players were split between 2 rosters. Just happens that our team was filled with new players and veterans that still enjoy playing.

QueenBlade,
The days of unit ranking and notable lists are done, let it go. SWOL's new path is for players still enjoying the game and want to have fun in a friendly environment.

Edited by Gruinhardt, 31 March 2016 - 06:40 PM.

#5 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 31 March 2016 - 06:33 PM

View PostJman5, on 31 March 2016 - 06:21 PM, said:

Isn't SWOL a 500 member unit? As I recall there is no roster size limit in MRBC so I'm surprised you guys struggled to field an 8 man.

They are in multiple divisions.

Scheduling with SWOL as far as I'm told is a massive PITA.

#6 MechWarrior4023212

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 367 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

Posted 31 March 2016 - 06:52 PM

We are all hoping that phase 3 will give new life for the old members to sink their fangs into as well.

Like anything a break is required to allow the fun to come back....SWOL lives on!

#7 Naglinator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 975 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 01 April 2016 - 06:44 AM

Sadness. My greatest joy of being on the SWOL TS is to pester and annoy blueduck :(

#8 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 01 April 2016 - 10:53 AM

Thanks for giving us the opportunity to kick your *** one more time
https://mrbcleague.c...hp?matchid=1095

Blueduck....
Posted Image

Edited by Vxheous Kerensky, 01 April 2016 - 02:04 PM.

#9 Chef Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 908 posts

Posted 01 April 2016 - 11:11 AM

#10 Tasker

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 01 April 2016 - 11:32 AM

o7 and God bless.

#11 Dads Google Kerensky

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 17 posts

Posted 01 April 2016 - 11:48 AM

Posted Image

#12 Harvey Batchall Kerensky at Law

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 322 posts

Posted 01 April 2016 - 11:58 AM

#13 MercJ

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 184 posts

Posted 01 April 2016 - 01:02 PM

Spoiler

Anything accompanied by random flute gets my vote. <o

EDIT: Also, REPORTED

Edited by MercJ, 01 April 2016 - 01:24 PM.

#14 Lord DeicideRavenRose

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 127 posts

Posted 01 April 2016 - 02:33 PM

https://youtu.be/vRMTF8ChAAQ?t=107

Edited by Squelches, 01 April 2016 - 02:34 PM.

#15 Star Wolves Admin Account

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 01 April 2016 - 02:46 PM

View PostNaglinator, on 01 April 2016 - 06:44 AM, said:

Sadness. My greatest joy of being on the SWOL TS is to pester and annoy blueduck :(

Ah Nags, you're still welcome in our TS anytime. :P

View PostVxheous Kerensky, on 01 April 2016 - 10:53 AM, said:

Thanks for giving us the opportunity to kick your *** one more time
https://mrbcleague.c...hp?matchid=1095

Blueduck....
Posted Image

Ah Vex, if only you knew how little we cared or practiced for that set. xD Most of us haven't even been playing for regularly for a few months now and that you actually put all that effort into screenshotting and posting amuses me.

In the end of the day as I watch you still log in and out of our TS, or follow us around on the forums, or put all that effort on reddit you have to realize something; I own you. Trust me, I don't want you but I do own you.

I know that you are bitter that you just didn't have the management capability to lead as large of a unit as we built but I tell you what; I'm going to make you an honorary Gcom just due to all the effort you put into your obsession with our unit.

o7 to you my little IT hermit crab.

#16 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 01 April 2016 - 03:10 PM

View PostBlueduck, on 01 April 2016 - 02:46 PM, said:

Ah Nags, you're still welcome in our TS anytime. Posted Image

Ah Vex, if only you knew how little we cared or practiced for that set. xD Most of us haven't even been playing for regularly for a few months now and that you actually put all that effort into screenshotting and posting amuses me.

In the end of the day as I watch you still log in and out of our TS, or follow us around on the forums, or put all that effort on reddit you have to realize something; I own you. Trust me, I don't want you but I do own you.

I know that you are bitter that you just didn't have the management capability to lead as large of a unit as we built but I tell you what; I'm going to make you an honorary Gcom just due to all the effort you put into your obsession with our unit.

o7 to you my little IT hermit crab.

Ahhhh, there we go, I knew the excuses will eventually come out. I don't remember the last time I popped into your TS, maybe it was early Feb when Lucid popped into ours? Only time I have visited your site was when something was linked directly from Reddit (like today, when the "Feb update" was linked).

As much as you think you might be in my head, I know that AW0L is in yours. Every "announcement" you made to your unit in the past 6 months have somehow referenced us, "I know we have some issues guys, but this situation's not like with those guys before that left" or how about "To become an Omega Wolf, first you must shed the pride of the Alpha Wolf, descend to the Beta, then Gamma, then finally once humble, you can be Omega".

I love how you've accused me of being a poor leader ad nauseum, when the only decision I made back as a SWOL officer was to remove some new members that were causing trouble in the unit, members that you backed against the rest of your officers at the time. You remember these guys? They turned up on the Infamous PGI ban list of 64, aimbotters/wallhackers. Nice "management" move Blue, picking aimbot/hackers over your proven vets at the time.

You accused AW0L of being elitists, yet one of the guys that left SWOL with us had muscular dystrophy and could only use voice commands to pilot his mech, turning his back on your management style. All we wanted to do back in SWOL was to get the newer players to play better mechs/builds, but that's too "elitist" for you. Funny how eventually you and your new officers had to adopt the same policy of attempting to enforce more Meta Builds/mechs for CW or you wouldn't take those pilots with you.

Regardless, I thought you were done with this game, so go.

Edited by Vxheous Kerensky, 01 April 2016 - 03:20 PM.

#17 Star Wolves Admin Account

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 01 April 2016 - 03:38 PM

I am done with the game Vex, but I am still sticking around the forums for another week or so to help Gruin and crew transition. And yes, you were our poster child for bad management.

Please keep posting though as your anger amuses me, especially when the guy with muscular dystrophy rejoined us because he couldn't stand a couple of your negative players. :P

BTW Vex, I will give you a bit of info just so you know.

1) You have a member in your unit that has aimbotted in the past. I'm not going to say who but they did mention it to me that they experimented it with a few months. Just info for you. ;)

2) The people that aimbotted in our unit were reported by our own players. I told em at the time to do it if they were certain and it turned out to be true.

3) The players you wanted to throw out of the unit were never aimbotters. You were just throwing a fit because you were on a power trip.

4) My posts on the forums which you used to check almost continuously were not actually targeted at anyone but you and Scorch as honestly you were the only two people that anyone wanted to really leave.

5) You are logging into our TS all the time as I can see you appearing and also showing up in our logs under your wifes account. xD

Next time when you leave an organization try not to burn your bridges on the way out. Popping on every day or so at night to try to tell people the unit is falling apart to poach people is not a good a good way to maintain relations.

View PostChef Kerensky, on 01 April 2016 - 11:11 AM, said:

We'll miss you NKVA but it is time for us to play some other games. ;__;

We just haven't been able to recapture the magic.

Edited by Blueduck, 01 April 2016 - 04:11 PM.

#18 Tasker

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 01 April 2016 - 03:44 PM

View PostBlueduck, on 01 April 2016 - 03:38 PM, said:

We'll miss you NKVA but it is time for us to play some other games. ;__;

I sure hope you play the new Battletech game that's coming out. :)

#19 Star Wolves Admin Account

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 01 April 2016 - 03:47 PM

View PostTasker, on 01 April 2016 - 03:44 PM, said:

I sure hope you play the new Battletech game that's coming out. :)

We will be. :) It was always a lot of fun playing against you guys. You did make the game interesting and honestly were one of the few reasons to stick around the game as long as we did.

#20 Star Wolves Admin Account

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 01 April 2016 - 04:06 PM

View PostQueenBlade, on 31 March 2016 - 06:19 PM, said:

notice me SWOL-pai

It was always a pleasure Queen Blade. Please stop by our TS occasionally and say hi. We still got a lot of people playing MWO you'll run into. Congrats again on the family expansion btw. :)

View PostMercJ, on 01 April 2016 - 01:02 PM, said:

Spoiler

Anything accompanied by random flute gets my vote. &lt;o

EDIT: Also, REPORTED

Best of luck to you Merc, hope the game treats you well. Btw, no one in our unit actually ever said you were a sub-unit of ours until you created that reddit post. Some random doofus just said that in a game and we thought it was funny but it wasn't through any encouragement of ours.

Hope you have fun with the game and you get to where you wanted to be.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users