Button Rebrand

6 replies to this topic

#1 XxXAbsolutZeroXxX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 2,056 posts

Posted 31 March 2016 - 08:22 PM

The term "tutorials" could have a bad reputation and negative stigma with casual gamers in general.

Renaming the button to "Academy", "Mechwarrior Academy", "MW Academy". Something that sounds interesting might entice more players to click on it.

#2 Cataclysm315

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 217 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 01 April 2016 - 05:45 AM

I would have been way more excited to "Join the Academy!" than to view the scrubby tutorial section.

+1 :)

#3 happy mech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 01 April 2016 - 10:51 AM

easy but important thing

#4 PraetorGix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 730 posts
  • LocationHere at home

Posted 04 April 2016 - 08:22 PM

View PostI Zeratul I, on 31 March 2016 - 08:22 PM, said:

The term "tutorials" could have a bad reputation and negative stigma with casual gamers in general.

Huh? Why? Casual gamers don't like to be tutored?

#5 XxXAbsolutZeroXxX

• The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 2,056 posts

Posted 05 April 2016 - 12:29 AM

View PostPraetorGix, on 04 April 2016 - 08:22 PM, said:

Huh? Why? Casual gamers don't like to be tutored?

There are 20 year olds who will look at a tutorials link & say to themselves... "I've been gaming for 10 years, I'm an expert at games & don't need tutorials." People have pride in their gaming ability & to some clicking on a tutorials link is like riding a bike with training wheels.

The button also doesn't reflect the changes that section has undergone. Someone who hasn't played in a year could come back and think that section is the same as it was when they left. The tutorials link doesn't reflect the work that was put into that section and the improvements that have been made. Labeling that section tutorials is also inaccurate, its more like a minigame, side quest section than it is a mere set of tutorials.

I would guess that section is being neglected & there aren't a lot of people visiting it. Rebranding the button could improve that.

#6 oldradagast

• Philanthropist
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 05 April 2016 - 03:13 AM

View PostI Zeratul I, on 05 April 2016 - 12:29 AM, said:

I would guess that section is being neglected & there aren't a lot of people visiting it. Rebranding the button could improve that.

Sad, but true. While PGI gets a lot of grief, their training section is above and beyond what most of us expected - it's actually rather cool - and the link to it should reflect that.

#7 PraetorGix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 730 posts
  • LocationHere at home

Posted 06 April 2016 - 11:19 AM

View PostI Zeratul I, on 05 April 2016 - 12:29 AM, said:

There are 20 year olds who will look at a tutorials link & say to themselves... "I've been gaming for 10 years, I'm an expert at games & don't need tutorials." People have pride in their gaming ability & to some clicking on a tutorials link is like riding a bike with training wheels.

Yeah I guess. I dunno I always check tutorials for a new game so I never thought about it, unless it's another cod or something like that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users