Any Frr Unit Have Room For A Slacker?

3 replies to this topic

#1 Duke Nedo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 2,184 posts

Posted 09 April 2016 - 05:08 AM

Hey, I'd like to join either a FRR or a MERC unit that accepts me for what I am. Posted Image I just came back from slacking and found my old unit dead.

I have 182 mastered mechs (both factions), about 7500 drops and I think can can hold my own in most cases when I'm trying.

However, I've got 2 kids and a wife and limited game time, so I mostly play 22:00-00:00 CET, a few nights a week, irregularly, and when I do I usually try not to speak on TS, though I listen in and try to be a good teammate but speak only sparsely not to wake up the kids.

That said, I believe I have a competitive mindset, appreciate tactics and team play (used to play CS 1.3 competitively back in the days), but I don't have enough time to practice or anything now.

I don't know if it's possible, but I guess I am looking for a unit that has a competitive side to it, but are at the same time softcore about it. I have no interest in playing any tournament, but it would be nice if the unit did and that I could be a filler in non-competition group matches or during events etc to still get to take part in that type of game play, while still being allowed to slack for a month and then pop up again... does that exist? Posted Image

I'll try to be on the FRR hub tonight for a few hours and see if something pops up.

Cheers!

Edited by Duke Nedo, 20 April 2016 - 10:41 PM.

#2 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 09 April 2016 - 05:30 AM

View PostDuke Nedo, on 09 April 2016 - 05:08 AM, said:

I'll try to be on the FRR hub tonight for a few hours and see if something pops up.

I hate to point out the obvious, but I think you solved your own problem. You might have a hard time finding CW drops this weekend because of the non-CW event, but still the best thing you can do is drop with folks on the hub and try to wiggle towards the groups that appeal to you most.

#3 Palfatreos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 398 posts

Posted 09 April 2016 - 06:05 AM

FRR hub indeed handy to find groups it shouldn't be problem to find a 1 or 2 groups during that timezone. It might take a bit since it just after ceasefire and people finish the public event matches first. Maybe check LFG to in FRR since most time the group leader open it up for evrybody to make it easier to join.

#4 BSK

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 09 April 2016 - 06:33 AM

As a MERC unit with more than 200 Founders you are very welcome to drop with us!

http://mwomercs.com/...r-all-founders/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users