#741 PlayerUnknown

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cyber Warrior
  • The Cyber Warrior
  • 241 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationUSA CALIFORNIA

Posted 18 February 2017 - 11:50 AM

I could do a lot of damage with this machine :)

#742 TheArisen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 18 February 2017 - 12:55 PM

View PostJayRtech, on 18 February 2017 - 11:50 AM, said:

I could do a lot of damage with this machine :)

Don't forget to support the Nightstar in polls. :)
https://mwomercs.com...chs-for-the-is/

#743 Josh Seles

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 08:22 PM

Well Arisen, my support for the Nightstar is cast. I voted for the Nexus, Raijin and Flashman besides. More Comstar and SLDF mechs would be interesting. Stock Light Fusion Engine variants would be nice too.
*Edit: Unfortunate that the Nightstar is only 3rd place in the assault options in your poll.

Edited by Josh Seles, 19 February 2017 - 08:25 PM.

#744 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 19 February 2017 - 09:37 PM

View PostKarl Streiger, on 18 February 2017 - 12:02 AM, said:

That is the reason i don't allow the warhammer iic in my games anymore. the beast is a killer. oh one of his victims was a devastator when i used him for the first time. afterwards i did draft a devastor with its main guns but no secondary armament and std fusion

If you don't allow the Warhammer IIC, what do you do about the Warhawk Prime or Adder Prime, both of those are rather brutal killers with targeting computers, that let them call shot....

#745 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 19 February 2017 - 10:15 PM

View PostJosh Seles, on 19 February 2017 - 08:22 PM, said:

Well Arisen, my support for the Nightstar is cast. I voted for the Nexus, Raijin and Flashman besides. More Comstar and SLDF mechs would be interesting. Stock Light Fusion Engine variants would be nice too.
*Edit: Unfortunate that the Nightstar is only 3rd place in the assault options in your poll.

Thanks for voting. :)

I wouldn't be too disappointed by any of the choices in the assault bracket but of course I'd love to see the Nightstar winning.

#746 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 19 February 2017 - 11:34 PM

View PostMetus regem, on 19 February 2017 - 09:37 PM, said:

If you don't allow the Warhammer IIC, what do you do about the Warhawk Prime or Adder Prime, both of those are rather brutal killers with targeting computers, that let them call shot....

Karma?

This clearly beats theoretical advantages all the time.

You know you have some mechs that always behave in the same way? Always
BattleMasters: - die because of headshots usually after only taken light damage
Quickdraws - GyroHit through armor (even floating critical snake eyes doesn't change it)
Barghest - always loose the maingun by a luck hit from the rear
Warhammer II - killing everything and anything usually only take light damage
Zeus - sturdy and never yields (once even getting a 48 on advanced heat scale and killing a NovaCat with its last salvo)
Night Gyr A - pure havoc ripping every enemy line into shreds

#747 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 06:41 PM

View PostJosh Seles, on 19 February 2017 - 08:22 PM, said:

You voted Flashman? On a poll for which 'Mech would be most potent for buffing the IS?

Shame him!

#748 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 20 February 2017 - 10:21 PM

View PostYeonne Greene, on 20 February 2017 - 06:41 PM, said:

You voted Flashman? On a poll for which 'Mech would be most potent for buffing the IS?

Shame him!

Haha I was trying to allow people to vote without such things but I do think voting for the Fman is a mistake as it'd be a mild buff over the BK and vulnerable to laser nerfs.

But to be fair, you were the one to suggest the Fman originally.

Edited by TheArisen, 20 February 2017 - 10:22 PM.

#749 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 10:33 PM

View PostTheArisen, on 20 February 2017 - 10:21 PM, said:

Haha I was trying to allow people to vote without such things but I do think voting for the Fman is a mistake as it'd be a mild buff over the BK and vulnerable to laser nerfs.

But to be fair, you were the one to suggest the Fman originally.

I suggested it because it is a good 'Mech and there is always a place for laser boats...but lasers are not what are needed right now and we already have a bazillion Heavy laser boats, at least one good one at every weight option: RFL-5D (60), TDR-5S-TD (65), GHR-5P (70), BL-7-KNT (75). If they ain't doin' it, the Flashman won't do it.

Really, the 65 tonners should not have been in that vote list.

#750 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 20 February 2017 - 10:43 PM

View PostYeonne Greene, on 20 February 2017 - 10:33 PM, said:

I suggested it because it is a good 'Mech and there is always a place for laser boats...but lasers are not what are needed right now and we already have a bazillion Heavy laser boats, at least one good one at every weight option: RFL-5D (60), TDR-5S-TD (65), GHR-5P (70), BL-7-KNT (75). If they ain't doin' it, the Flashman won't do it.

Really, the 65 tonners should not have been in that vote list.

Agreed but at the same time it'd be a strong mech and that was the point. However I do wish I wasn't so delirious when finishing that list to include the Jinggau (that's the only 65t mech) however it would be a decent mech with a good niche if it got it's ecm+masc variant. It'd be an epic hillhumper/poker

#751 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 27 February 2017 - 08:04 AM

The Longbow & Hauptmann are gaining on the Nightstar. Come and vote, tell your friends and unit mates.
https://mwomercs.com...mechs-for-2017/

#752 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 27 February 2017 - 08:11 PM

Well Pgi listened to the community and announced the "Deputy Dawg" or K-9 urbie hero. Hopefully they take heed of this thread and we get the Nightstar but ideally we wouldn't have to wait as long.

#753 Josh Seles

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 09:03 AM

View PostTheArisen, on 27 February 2017 - 08:11 PM, said:

Well Pgi listened to the community and announced the "Deputy Dawg" or K-9 urbie hero. Hopefully they take heed of this thread and we get the Nightstar but ideally we wouldn't have to wait as long.

Given the new Urbie hero, and the tech advance, feeling hopeful about the Nightstar. The -9SS would be a good showcase for new IS LBX and Ultra AC20's. Maybe PGI is going to use the Nightstar in the new tech mech pack, ideally it should be soon. Nightstar would be pretty entertaining to use in Critical Rocket's stream when dropping stock. *Honestly, PGI should have done this new tech YEARS ago.

edit: *added on

Edited by Josh Seles, 28 February 2017 - 09:12 AM.

#754 FLG 01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Leutnant
  • Leutnant
  • 2,646 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 03:14 PM

View PostJosh Seles, on 28 February 2017 - 09:03 AM, said:

The -9SS would be a good showcase for new IS LBX and Ultra AC20's.

Well it will also be a good test for the LB-20X as such, for it won't fit in any Mech's arm without crit splitting. Posted Image
So they have to modify the LB-20X or introduce crit splitting... I just hope PGI doesn't avoid the issue by ignoring Mechs with the LB-20X in the arm.

#755 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 03:17 PM

View PostFLG 01, on 28 February 2017 - 03:14 PM, said:

Well it will also be a good test for the LB-20X as such, for it won't fit in any Mech's arm without crit splitting. Posted Image
So they have to modify the LB-20X or introduce crit splitting... I just hope PGI doesn't avoid the issue by ignoring Mechs with the LB-20X in the arm.

LB-20's are one of the worst new weapons... I'd say the LB-2X is actually the worst thing they could introduce...

AC/2
1 crit

LB-2X
4 crits!

That's a 300% increase in cirt space requirements... they both weigh the same and generate the same amount of heat....

#756 FLG 01

• Leutnant
  • Leutnant
  • 2,646 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 03:23 PM

Well yes, I don't see any point in using the LB-20X or any other of the series, unless something about them is radically changed. And with more UACs, LACs, and RACs... who needs the LBXs?
In case of the NSR-9SS, the first everybody will do is remove the LB-20X.

#757 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 03:30 PM

View PostFLG 01, on 28 February 2017 - 03:23 PM, said:

Well yes, I don't see any point in using the LB-20X or any other of the series, unless something about them is radically changed. And with more UACs, LACs, and RACs... who needs the LBXs?

Yup... That's one of the things I've been making noise about, LB's need a major overhaul when the IS get their other sizes....

On an aside note, you might want to adjust your signature, now that the Wolf Hound hero mech has been announced :)

#758 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 28 February 2017 - 05:07 PM

View PostMetus regem, on 28 February 2017 - 03:30 PM, said:

Yup... That's one of the things I've been making noise about, LB's need a major overhaul when the IS get their other sizes....

On an aside note, you might want to adjust your signature, now that the Wolf Hound hero mech has been announced :)

Yeah hopefully something is done to improve LBX and all of the lackluster weapons.

A dual uac20 9ss would be fun. I hope the 9ss gets more ballistic HP's to take advantage of it not having hands nor laa.

FLG you could put Murr as your SIG. ;)

#759 Josh Seles

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 06:23 PM

View PostFLG 01, on 28 February 2017 - 03:23 PM, said:

You're probably right, but I'd still rather have them in game than not have them. I probably will drop the LBX-20, after I'm done ripping out the XL Engine and dropping in a Light Engine and Endo.

View PostTheArisen, on 28 February 2017 - 05:07 PM, said:

Yeah hopefully something is done to improve LBX and all of the lackluster weapons.

I'm not sure how PGI would go about that, but I am open to said changes, and would like to see what they come up with. I'm all for making LBX better. I already use LBX-10's and -20's in place of Ultra's on most of my Clan mechs already, only so I don't have to deal with the crappy RNG jam. That's a much-needed change too. When I squeeze the trigger, I'd rather have something that shoots than something that doesn't.

#760 FLG 01

• Leutnant
  • Leutnant
  • 2,646 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 08:05 PM

View PostTheArisen, on 28 February 2017 - 05:07 PM, said:

FLG you could put Murr as your SIG. Posted Image

I might do that. Posted Image

View PostMetus regem, on 28 February 2017 - 03:30 PM, said:

On an aside note, you might want to adjust your signature, now that the Wolf Hound hero mech has been announced Posted Image

Well, I am not totally happy with that one because the lore is wrong. They reverse engineered Phelan's Wolfhound IIC, but his original IS Wolfhound was totally standard. There would have been better options. I will buy it nonetheless; the Wolfhound with ECM makes just sense.

View PostJosh Seles, on 28 February 2017 - 06:23 PM, said:

You're probably right, but I'd still rather have them in game than not have them. I probably will drop the LBX-20, after I'm done ripping out the XL Engine and dropping in a Light Engine and Endo.

I am all for adding every single available weapon and I surely hope they don't forget the Binary Laser Cannon.
In fact I am sure I will use the LB-5X sometimes because I love its sound.

As far as the engine goes, the LFE is an obvious choice but I would not discard the XL easily since the great strength of the Nightstar will be long range combat in which the XL is less of a liability and damage can be spread. Who knows, if we get XXL engines one could build some insanely mobile yet heavily armed Mech with the same vulnerability as the stock version with XL.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users