No replies to this topic

#1 Not A Real RAbbi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationDeath to Aladeen Cafe

Posted 19 April 2016 - 10:22 PM

So, with the inclusion of the new 4v4 Scouting game modes, it has once again come up among us anonymous users of the internet, that the in-game direction is a bit ... shall we say, "lacking in detail" ... at the moment. Nice that we have Mister Meany-Pants yelling at us from the warm, safe cockpit of his Indestructo-Tron Model 9000 dropship (now with more MOLECULES!). But that ain't enough (better voice-acting, though, if I'm being honest).

The Mechwarrior Academy SHOULD be the place that we go to LEARN. I mean, it's an ACADEMY. Isn't that kinda what academies DO?

We have NO formal tutorial or intro for new players, on the goals and win conditions of even MWO's OLDEST (4-ish years now, isn't it?) game mode, Assault. Added Conquest, still no tutorial. Added Skirmish, still no tutorial. Added FW with Invasion and Counterattack, still no tutorial. Added Domination, still no tutorial. And now, a couple years after the official release, many moons on after the Steam release, on the eve of the first-ever MWO world championship, we get a new Scouting mode, again with no tutorial for even the FIRST ORIGINAL game mode.

You've got experienced, skilled players in other parts of these forums commenting on how there was just not enough info on the objectives and win conditions for 4v4. Folks who've been through this with those other game modes.

I know it's not top priority, and that it's A LOT of work. Doing the RIGHT thing, though, is not often EASY.

The folks who've worked the Mechwarrior Academy so far, have done a FANTASTIC job on the topics they've covered in there. REALLY. The game needs more of that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users