Stuck In Drop Deck Screen

51 replies to this topic

#1 gloweringPike

Rookie

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 April 2016 - 12:33 PM

There I was, defending my cannon with gusto, beautifully sending missiles arcing through the air and lasers glittering into the body of another mech.

Oh no, I've been destroyed! No big deal, I'll just drop in with my Jagermech.

Except no, I won't. I have the Drop Deck overlay permanently over everything else. I successfully was placed on the ground, but am unable to move, shoot, ANYTHING. I'm stuck here as a handicap for my team, watching as they get shot down and we inevitably lose. Would I have made a difference? Maybe, maybe not, but with matches getting rarer to find in CW it's unbelievably frustrating to have to sit there, immobile, for 8 minutes.

Does anyone else get this issue, and if so, is there a known workaround?

#2 Ardagan

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 29 April 2016 - 11:13 PM

Same thing here. Any fix?

#3 ionzu

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 25 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 01:02 PM

I'm guetting this in almost every match, sometimes 2 minutes, sometimes 10...

I think it's especially triggered in a Jaeger, but not only.

Using chat during drop deck screen seems to trigger it more often.

#4 Sixth Angel

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 01:53 PM

I'm getting this same problem pretty often. Usually just a minute or two but sometimes it just stays forever.

#5 Isgod

Rookie

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 04:53 PM

I was looking for a workaround for a similar problem my brother is having. His countdown refreshes over and over and over and he never drops. he has to log out and rejoin the faction match.

Have you guys tried that as a possible workaround to the problem you're experiencing?

#6 Thinkagain01

• PipPipPip
  • Star Colonel IV
  • Star Colonel IV
  • 73 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 02 June 2016 - 11:28 AM

Same thing happened to me earlier today. Going to drop in my second mech of the match. Hit the drop screen and stuck there. Safely on the ground and in-game unable to move shoot chat the works. Died and couldn't drop in my 3rd mech. We lost the match.
#Immobile.

#7 Airstreams

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 18 June 2016 - 12:14 AM

Same thing for me. It's usually the last mech in deck that is getting stuck.

#8 Jemmer

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 57 posts

Posted 19 June 2016 - 04:24 PM

Here is my experience with this glitch, with a focus on its frequency and frustrations as of the last few weeks ....

MODE: Faction warfare
MAP: any
SERVER: any
MECH CHASSIS: any
REPRODUCE: 100%
PROBLEM: In Faction Play mode as soon as i die and go into drop ship to select my next mech, it drops, however, i remain on the players screen, and the 30 second count down recycles. The count down is now perpetual (used to be only 2 to 3 cycles before i was released and able to play). At no point now (since June patch) does it ever leave the drop deck overlay screen. In fact my status is not even listed as "waiting to drop" on the overlay screen, I am simply listed in the mech that I am 'stuck' in. The only way to overcome this glitch is to exit the match and rejoin.

However, one cannot simply just rejoin expediently - Because I am in a group with my unit first i must ensure one of my drop deck mechs is selected in the mech bay screen. Then open the group tab, then leave the group. click the faction tab, select the planet my match is on. select the mode i was just playing, then select rejoin. By the time i get back into the match i am penalized for taking longer than 2 minutes to accomplish all this and loose all earned XP, Credits and Loyalty points from that FW match.

Prior to June patch this occurred infrequently. In the last few weeks i have played roughly 20 FW matches and EVERY match i have suffered that glitch. Since the June patch, the glitch occurs with every mech in my drop deck.

I have tried running the repair tool with no change. I have defragged my computer with no change. I have reset and dumped my modem with no change.

why am I penalized (by being forced the lengthy process of exiting the match then rejoin), and in turn not receiving any rewards because of taking too long to reconnect?

As a result Faction Play is unplayable. I've sent email to the tech support and account team with a response (summary) "... this is a known problem. there is no eta to when it will be fixed. There will be no account injection to your account of the forfeited XP, credits and loyalty point due to suffering this glitch ..."

Publics get boring fast - but at least they are playable ...

Edited by Jemmer, 19 June 2016 - 04:30 PM.

#9 Kenjitsuka

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 06:05 AM

Same! Stuck forever in second Mech. The only thing that works is Settings, Quit Match and Exit. Cannot get control of my Mech or chat at all!!!! Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Tried quitting game entirely, but by the time I finally could rejoin the match had already ended...
Tried setting video mode from Full Screen to Windowed and then back, but that did nothing.
Alt-tabbed out; did nothing.

P.S.
Someone mentioned JeagerMech. That was my first one, was trying to drop in Black Knight second, I think.

P.P.S.
Some more details:
Enemy gained Long Tom ten seconds after I died.
Map: Emerald Taiga.
Enemy: near full group.
Team: full pugs.

Edited by Kenjitsuka, 01 July 2016 - 06:12 AM.

#10 Spadio

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 8 posts
  • LocationMD

Posted 07 July 2016 - 02:27 PM

I too often have this glitch since the event has started. Once it hit hard enough that while switching from a smoked TBR to an EBJ the dropship brought in my dead mech first, then while I watched that it came back to drop in the EBJ. The whole time I was sitting at the Mech select screen and had to disconnect/reconnect to the game to remedy the situation.

#11 Tier5 Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 16 July 2016 - 12:09 AM

View PostIronEagle, on 21 June 2016 - 10:30 PM, said:

Possible Workaround for: I was placed on the ground with the drop deck overlay unable to move

From this screen I managed to get into settings -> Video -> cancel (did not change anything), and the overlay disapeared
I am new to CW and I had it once on my last mech, not sure that this works everytime.

I get this too. Doesn't seem to be related to which mech I have.

Usually it happens when I drop quite fast after dying, possibly while trying to change the mech at the moment of drop. Somehow I get the idea the game partially is already dropping one mech, but still thinks I can select one. Something like the server does the drop and client draws it, but the client still thinks I'm in mech selection. Never got it with last mech, usually second or sometimes third.

I get dropped down and the dropdeck overlay stays. Usually it resolves after waiting one or few drop passes.

I'll try this workaround when it happens again and update this.

Edited by Teer5, 16 July 2016 - 12:09 AM.

#12 Danger Dave

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 31 posts
  • LocationHaggisland

Posted 01 August 2016 - 12:13 PM

This has been happening to me since the last patch,any news on a proper fix?

#13 Freddy Mach

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 19 August 2016 - 08:06 AM

FIX IT PLS

#14 Kel Nissa

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 August 2016 - 02:46 PM

Workaround: Fire your weapon once while being stuck and wait. It might seem that nothing happens, but when the timer reaches 0:00 it will reset the GUI and the bug is gone. Afterwards you still need to wait one 30 second drop cycle.

#15 TK TikTok

• PipPip
  • Galaxy Commander II
  • 20 posts

Posted 28 August 2016 - 11:32 AM

View PostKel Nissa, on 26 August 2016 - 02:46 PM, said:

Workaround: Fire your weapon once while being stuck and wait. It might seem that nothing happens, but when the timer reaches 0:00 it will reset the GUI and the bug is gone. Afterwards you still need to wait one 30 second drop cycle.

That doesn't always work. Also click on a pilot name to get the drop down does not always work.

PGI please fix!

Edited by TK TikTok, 28 August 2016 - 11:32 AM.

#16 GaelicWolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 150 posts
  • LocationStuck somewhere between a Fantasy and Reality

Posted 05 September 2016 - 03:45 AM

This Happened to me twice in a single match last night. Also in between the two "Stuck" Drops, I had a drop with no HUD, Overlays or Weapon stats. I might as well have been a DC for all the good I did that match, spent most of my time sitting there, listening to the match and watching my teammates drop around me and run off to War.

#17 Supersmacky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 239 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 18 September 2016 - 06:39 AM

This happened to me once last Wednesday. There was nothing I could do about it. I tried ALT+TAB, going into settings, etc, but it just sat there. Then I noticed the clock in the upper right counting down, which I though was weird. It cycled down from 30 seconds like 3 or 4 times. Then, right at the point I was about to give up it counted down to zero one more time and then went away. I was back in business. No idea what was happening and I don't think anything I did had any impact on it.

I think what is happening if when you come in for a follow up drop there is a count down. For some reason, there server is not picking up that you have actually dropped, even though it is obvious you have. Then, at each cycle of the count down it queries asking "have you dropped yet?" Eventually the answer comes back that you have at which point it the screen goes away and you can play normally. Just a theory, but I can imagine there are mechanisms in the software for checks like this.

Not that helps anything because there is nothing you can do when it happens.

#18 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,655 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 18 September 2016 - 12:24 PM

The game has likely became temporarily desynced due to possible packet loss, likely from the game/server thinking you are on one screen instead of your drop screen.

From this screen I managed to get into settings -> Video -> cancel (did not change anything), and the overlay disappeared

If you have having this issue, try to NOT automatically click on your next mech, especially if the timer is almost finished. If it is almost timed out allow the game to cycle first. If you have more than one mech, click on one then the next one you want to take.

I have had this only happen 2x since CW/FP went live, but most do not provide a detail of what they were doing when hit with the bug. For those who is happening to a lot, consider packet loss may be happening and allow the game to cycle first. Take notes, post them here. If PGI can be given more info about how a player was able to get out of the issue, they may be able to backtrack the issue, especially if they are not able to duplicate the issue in-house.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 18 September 2016 - 12:29 PM.

#19 Danger Dave

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 31 posts
  • LocationHaggisland

Posted 15 October 2016 - 03:23 PM

Just had this happen to me whilst on my last mech during CW . I take it theres no fix when it happens?

#20 Can0Woopass

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 08:58 PM

I had the same experience in Faction play dropping on my third mech MAD-5R, the game mode was Attack Orbital Cannon on Tundra (?). The drop deck screen stayed active as my mech dropped down, I could not move or shoot and was instantly killed by the other team.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users