Tired Of Pugginjg In Fp Matches.

13 replies to this topic

#1 Timicon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 01:17 PM

If anyone is interested, I am online around 11 hours a day (considering I am in Australia, I find most of my time playing when everyone else, so if anyone is interested, I always have my setting set to Call To Arms, so if you ever need another 'Mech or four, feel free to invite me. i only use VOId, I am afraid as TS does not seem to work (unfortunatly) will be willing to join and drop with any Inner Sphere pilots on th CW games, however often you woukd like.

- This includes anyone from House Liao - The FRR and House Kiao are not ini a state if war and woukd be happy to drop and fight alongside the Confederation and its proud Warriors.

Edited by Timicon, 11 May 2016 - 01:20 PM.

#2 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 11 May 2016 - 04:29 PM

http://mwomercs.com/...-hub-ts-server/

edit: oh, you said TS "doesn't work". Well... describe the issue in more detail and we can help work it out.

Edited by Tarogato, 11 May 2016 - 04:30 PM.

#3 Starbomber109

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 387 posts

Posted 12 May 2016 - 03:08 AM

Have you ever tried Discord? That seems to be another popular one. I think we should try it as a faction someday.

#4 Kerafyrm

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 May 2016 - 04:31 AM

Discord is awesome! Think of having ventrillo/teamspeak/Skype all into one. I would suggest using the app/program vs running it on browser though. and I think NGNG has a server setup as well.

#5 Timicon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 08:59 AM

View PostTarogato, on 11 May 2016 - 04:29 PM, said:

edit: oh, you said TS "doesn't work". Well... describe the issue in more detail and we can help work it out.

I am not exactly sure what the problem is with Tas - I can use VOIP in-game just dind, but when it comes to TS, for some reason the mic does not work jor can I hear anyone whenever I am on it, despite doing all I can with the settings. The only thing I can assume is that my mic does not recognise TS to be able to talk by it, so I have to rep,y on the in-game VOIp system to talk and relay commands, warnings, et cetera.
It might just be that my computer jis just old or I need a new mic for it to work with TS, but that is on the low list of my priorities right now, when I have to comtinue saving for a new computer (one that does not lconstantly lag on cetain maps like River City, Frozen City, Frozen City anight and, worst of all, Veridian Bog.

Someone said, concerning the lag issues on some of those maps, that it is possible to upgrade th CPau or whatever it is, to make the game work better and lower my ping dramatically on all maps (althhogh I have nomtrouble with a low ping on the aoceanic Serers, considering I am in Australia) but the others, especially the an. America Server, the ping can be insane compared to some of the low 20 and 40 pings I have seen in the ore-drop match screen.

#6 Timicon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 09:09 AM

View PostTarogato, on 11 May 2016 - 04:29 PM, said:

I am not exactly sure what the problem is with Tas - I can use VOIP in-game just dind, but when it comes to TS, for some reason the mic does not work jor can I hear anyone whenever I am on it, despite doing all I can with the settings. The only thing I can assume is that my mic does not recognise TS to be able to talk by it, so I have to rep,y on the in-game VOIp system to talk and relay commands, warnings, et cetera.
It might just be that my computer jis just old or I need a new mic for it to work with TS, but that is on the low list of my priorities right now, when I have to comtinue saving for a new computer (one that does not lconstantly lag on cetain maps like River City, Frozen City, Frozen City anight and, worst of all, Veridian Bog.

Someone said, concerning the lag issues on some of those maps, that it is possible to upgrade th CPau or whatever it is, to make the game work better and lower my ping dramatically on all maps (althhogh I have nomtrouble with a low ping on the aoceanic Serers, considering I am in Australia) but the others, especially the an. America Server, the ping can be insane compared to some of the low 20 and 40 pings I have seen in the ore-drop match screen.

View PostKerafyrm, on 12 May 2016 - 04:31 AM, said:

Discord is awesome!  Think of having ventrillo/teamspeak/Skype all into one.  I would suggest using the app/program vs running it on browser though.  and I think NGNG has a server setup as well.

I thought Ventrillo was now defunct? But thanks, I will give it a go, if ai can find it and download it! But Skype I am mot all too familiar with using, but if it works, I will give it a go and learn the ropes on how to use it.

View PostKerafyrm, on 12 May 2016 - 04:31 AM, said:

Discord is awesome!  Think of having ventrillo/teamspeak/Skype all into one.  I would suggest using the app/program vs running it on browser though.  and I think NGNG has a server setup as well.

Discord I have never heard of before, but will look up first thing in the morning (only 3:08M here right now) and just cannot be knackered to go searching for viable chat programs this early in the morning!
But astarbomber, if it works for me, then yes, I agree, Discord could be a wonderful program to use with MWO for relaying information - it sure would be VOIP, that is for sure!

Anyway, I am in the game a fair amount, so if anyone wants to friends me, feel free and we can do a couple matches together, IS for FP matches (obviously) but anyone who is affiliated with the aclans we can always team up for the solo drops.

Edited by Timicon, 13 May 2016 - 09:14 AM.

#7 nehebkau

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts
  • LocationIn a water-rights dispute with a Beaver

Posted 17 May 2016 - 02:36 PM

Even if you can only hear with TS, you can still find groups on the FRR Hub -SO- has lots of people who can hear, but not talk in game. As far as your technical problem -- I am sure it is fixable.

#8 multisoul

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • 327 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 10:05 PM

1. faction ts channel - this is the most important
2. join LFG
3. use faction chat in FW lobby
4. join and check your units forums

if you use these and cant find games it just means not enough ppl online

#9 Timicon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 09 June 2016 - 07:21 AM

View Postmultisoul, on 17 May 2016 - 10:05 PM, said:

1. faction ts channel - this is the most important
2. join LFG
3. use faction chat in FW lobby
4. join and check your units forums

if you use these and cant find games it just means not enough ppl online

Yeah, I am definitely going to try and fix TS so that it works when running MWO, though I am not very good with computers, so I might have to let me my sister have a go at it, since she is the tech expert in the family. Fingers crossed!

#10 SlightlyMobileTurret

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Lance Corporal
  • 718 posts

Posted 09 June 2016 - 07:50 AM

Try launching TS ...with admin privileges. It solves all my issues.

#11 Virlutris

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 1,443 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationVery likely goofing off in a match near you.

Posted 09 June 2016 - 03:27 PM

View PostKeshav Murali, on 09 June 2016 - 07:50 AM, said:

Try launching TS ...with admin privileges. It solves all my issues.

Seconded: I'm betting this will fix it.

It's a problem I had initially, and we found the same thing for my wife a year later.

Launch in admin mode, it should work.

#12 nehebkau

• 3,386 posts
  • LocationIn a water-rights dispute with a Beaver

Posted 13 June 2016 - 06:52 PM

View PostVirlutris, on 09 June 2016 - 03:27 PM, said:

Seconded: I'm betting this will fix it.

It's a problem I had initially, and we found the same thing for my wife a year later.

Launch in admin mode, it should work.

Wait?!? How did you get a wife w/o admin privs? My came with full admin access. Was it an upgrade?

#13 Virlutris

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 1,443 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationVery likely goofing off in a match near you.

Posted 14 June 2016 - 09:27 AM

View Postnehebkau, on 13 June 2016 - 06:52 PM, said:

Wait?!? How did you get a wife w/o admin privs? My came with full admin access. Was it an upgrade?

I see what you did there!

#14 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 14 June 2016 - 09:55 AM

View Postnehebkau, on 13 June 2016 - 06:52 PM, said:

Usually its the other way around.... you start off with full privileges, but then you compromise her just.one.time.... BAM! full lockdown and you have to pay for... support...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users