Can We Please Not Have Events Which Requires Us To Win Invasions

19 replies to this topic

#1 Grijm

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • 15 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 14 May 2016 - 09:44 PM

This is simply impossible, on a 10 loss streak already.

On normal days, I don't even mind a loss if we even manage to put up a fight.

EXTREMELY frustrating when I spend like more than 10 hours on this and still not make any progress to it.

#2 Valar13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 784 posts
  • LocationRobinson

Posted 15 May 2016 - 06:12 AM

It's been said dozens of times, man.

Drop. With. A. Group.

#3 Grijm

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • 15 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 15 May 2016 - 06:58 AM

So you mean to say those without a group should not have a chance to complete the event?

#4 Ade the Rare

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 186 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 15 May 2016 - 07:35 AM

View PostGrijm, on 15 May 2016 - 06:58 AM, said:

So you mean to say those without a group should not have a chance to complete the event?

The events say they're for beginners and veteran players alike. Problem is, clan mechs come fairly max'd out, including trial ones, so if someone new takes part, they'll have a deck of pretty complete mechs; if an IS player does the same, they're grossly outmatched. Assume that roughly the same number of people on each side do this in a pug, Clan wins everytime because of this.

Of course it makes a huge difference if someone manages to get VOIP working who actually knows what they're doing, and it's a massive bonus to the teamplay for either side; I make the above comment based on a pure *no real teamwork pug on both sides* concept.

Damn I wish I could get my mic to work for MWO Posted Image

It's the same issue I've had though. I did the scout ones with a lot of missions, mostly because we kept coming up against teams consisting of three Stormcrows and a Jenner-IIC. Repeatedly. Imagination much. Invasion missions for the assault pack? No chance.

#5 Grijm

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • 15 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 15 May 2016 - 10:49 AM

View PostAdetheRare, on 15 May 2016 - 07:35 AM, said:

The events say they're for beginners and veteran players alike. Problem is, clan mechs come fairly max'd out, including trial ones, so if someone new takes part, they'll have a deck of pretty complete mechs; if an IS player does the same, they're grossly outmatched. Assume that roughly the same number of people on each side do this in a pug, Clan wins everytime because of this.

Of course it makes a huge difference if someone manages to get VOIP working who actually knows what they're doing, and it's a massive bonus to the teamplay for either side; I make the above comment based on a pure *no real teamwork pug on both sides* concept.

Damn I wish I could get my mic to work for MWO Posted Image

It's the same issue I've had though. I did the scout ones with a lot of missions, mostly because we kept coming up against teams consisting of three Stormcrows and a Jenner-IIC. Repeatedly. Imagination much. Invasion missions for the assault pack? No chance.

I feel your pain for the scouting missions, but at least each game is short and you can try again faster.

Imagine how I feel when its the 10th loss and you drop in against an entire team of premades on the other side.. Seriously I just want to quit the game there pfft. I've been really patient and played almost every night, spent the entire Sat and only got 2 wins from the 10+ I played, and another 1 win for the whole day of today.

#6 Baulven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 984 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 09:01 AM

Funny I had the complete opposite experience as clan since ever IS group can support every other IS group. I played roughly 80 games on invasion since last sunday. I STILL came up 4 wins short on the invasion mech. So no beginning clan tech is not all you need to ensure wins. Oh yea and I was dropping about 80% of the time with a good group.

#7 Ade the Rare

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 186 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 16 May 2016 - 02:03 PM

View PostBaulven, on 16 May 2016 - 09:01 AM, said:

Funny I had the complete opposite experience as clan since ever IS group can support every other IS group. I played roughly 80 games on invasion since last sunday. I STILL came up 4 wins short on the invasion mech. So no beginning clan tech is not all you need to ensure wins. Oh yea and I was dropping about 80% of the time with a good group.

Can we trade matches please? Posted Image

I had a week and a half off work, and I played MWO roughly six hours a day in this time (new game to me, fan of it ever since MW2, don't judge me) and I didn't even come close to completing the invasion challenges.

I have noticed this in a fair few threads, where clan players say IS wins all the time, and IS say clan wins all the time. I wonder if there's a matchmaking issue afoot?

However, to make a more effective matchmaking system, the pilot tier system would need to be fixed...

#8 Grijm

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • 15 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 16 May 2016 - 07:19 PM

View PostAdetheRare, on 16 May 2016 - 02:03 PM, said:

Can we trade matches please? Posted Image

I had a week and a half off work, and I played MWO roughly six hours a day in this time (new game to me, fan of it ever since MW2, don't judge me) and I didn't even come close to completing the invasion challenges.

I have noticed this in a fair few threads, where clan players say IS wins all the time, and IS say clan wins all the time. I wonder if there's a matchmaking issue afoot?

However, to make a more effective matchmaking system, the pilot tier system would need to be fixed...

I'm with Baulven on this, seriously put in close to 40 hours on this over the last 2 weeks and still 4 games short.

When you mentioned both sides making claims they never win, it can be true if they are unlucky to be meeting premade groups all the time, or if they are on the weaker factions. Look at Clan Smoke Jaguar and Ghost Bear, they have no more territories left, quoting the event text:

"The Free Rasalhague Republic and House Kurita have all but consumed the territories of Clan Smoke Jaguar, leaving only their regional capital. However, the largest Mercenary Unit in the Inner Sphere has recently shifted sides and now throws the weight of their sheer numbers behind the banner of Smoke Jaguar; can they succeed in giving new life to the Jaguar's war of liberation?"

Personally, I hopped over from Jade Falcon, and then I had literally 0 wins (not to mention the occasional ghost drops do not count as you need 100 pts, talk about rubbing it in, wasting time and not accomplishing the event) till I manage to ride on some other premade group. The pilot tier system is too difficult to fix, they just need to remove the win condition from these events.

Edited by Grijm, 16 May 2016 - 07:20 PM.

#9 Malcolm Smith

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 19 posts
  • LocationOrange, Ca.

Posted 16 May 2016 - 07:53 PM

This event for 2 free mech's (4 choices) was to test out the latest patch v3 CW. At the beginning they saw over the weekend that they had some issues with loading big groups in queue. Also fixed a few other bugs that happened. So they gave out numbers that are impossible for me to even get, with a life of college and work, very hard for me to get one of these mech's for free. Invasion is not like Quick match. It takes way to much time to wait for a match to begin. I hope they give us a mech just for helping to test out v3 CW.

#10 Valar13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 784 posts
  • LocationRobinson

Posted 16 May 2016 - 10:55 PM

View PostGrijm, on 15 May 2016 - 06:58 AM, said:

Find people you like to drop with. Form a group. Teamwork OP.

#11 Grijm

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • 15 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 16 May 2016 - 11:31 PM

I did in the end, but it was too late. Guess that was the good thing to came out of it at least Posted Image

#12 Lolo van Trollinger

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 167 posts
  • LocationTrollhejmr

Posted 17 May 2016 - 08:01 AM

I have another solution for the FW type of Events. I ignore the FW completely on these days, since they mostly flush the system with cannonfodder newbies, which makes solo/merc life a pain in the behind.
I just go maul and slaughter people in QD Queues.

#13 Kerafyrm

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 05:33 AM

Had quite a different problem with I was trying to complete invasion mode. 30-45 min waits between games. Big problem since I only play about 2 hours a night if I'm lucky. Had everything done except for the 30 match played. Actually won most (15/20 at the time) of the games unless it was vs. a 12 man group, did win one of them though, all through solo queue. Luckily queue times picked up during weekends and finished the event on Friday due to some fast ghost drops. Guess I picked a lucky faction (Jade Falcon) to be in. Scouting took longer due having to use trial mechs, especially the kill most damage dealt one lol.

#14 Grijm

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • 15 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 01 July 2016 - 08:18 AM

Current event is proof that PGI do not listen Posted Image

#15 B0oN

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 10:01 AM

Grijm, do you know how to read the queue-display in the planetary dropscreen ?

Once it shows a 6 or higher in there quickly drop .

#16 Grijm

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • 15 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 01 July 2016 - 10:26 AM

Yes, I do. Just the same old story of praying for luck to meet premades once again...

Already expressed my great displeasure having to WIN invasions for the event again. If the odds was even slightly balanced, you will not see Ghost Bears and Smoke Jaguar left with only 1 territory.

#17 VitriolicViolet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 592 posts
  • LocationAustralia, Melbourne

Posted 01 July 2016 - 02:19 PM

yeah ive done the same 10 games no wins and getting hammered 14-48 and that is with a group. If they just switched Long Dong to extra turrets or something..... Yesterday the only planet with invasion matches had the enemy with the Dong. And yes you can counter it with 'scouting' but i think thats more boring than QP.

#18 Grijm

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • 15 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 01 July 2016 - 10:00 PM

Frankly, at this point I don't even mind losing, the battle were messy but still fun.

What is NOT fun is the dreaded feeling that 30 mins was wasted not being able to clear the event objective...

#19 Mechsniper

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 457 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 03 July 2016 - 06:47 AM

Add to this that auto wins do not count. Its not our fault if PGI can't fill a CW que when we do our part to drop. The auto win should be a victory. Waiting 30 min to drop and then getting shorted leaves a bad taste in your mouth. I am top 1 or 2 in damage most matches and I have 3 wins and 16 losses. That is not fun. Too many inexperienced players choosing JF for this event because of its previous performance this round of CW.

#20 Deemer

Rookie

• 4 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 04 July 2016 - 11:29 AM

CW just seems pointless when most of the time full pug teams drop against big premades, full premade groups or against a team that has few smaller groups. It's just waste of time.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users