Thanks To 2323

3 replies to this topic

#1 crustydog

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 16 May 2016 - 08:13 AM

I was grinding away the scouting portion of the contest yesterday in the FRR. There were a couple of scout matches where I hooked up with two or three guys from 2323.

I was running my Blackjack 1X in the standard popular FW configuration, 6 ML, 2 MPL, 295XL engine, etc. Normally I do very well in FW with this mech, however, for scouting the configuration was not quite performing as well as I needed it to. One of the guys mentioned he runs the same build, but with 6 SPL instead of the 6 mediums.

About an hour later, I swapped out the mediums for the small pulse, purchased the small pulse range module as well, and the StormCrows started dropping like flies. Very Nice.

No doubt I would have finished the contest regardless, but that small change probably saved better than three hours of grind.

Nice going guys, and thanks for the help. Always a pleasure to work with the Professionals:)

#2 Lord Creston

• PipPipPip
  • Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 71 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 05:55 PM

Thanks for the shout out Crusty ;)

#3 nehebkau

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts
  • LocationIn a water-rights dispute with a Beaver

Posted 17 May 2016 - 02:33 PM

View Postcrustydog, on 16 May 2016 - 08:13 AM, said:

I was grinding away the scouting portion of the contest yesterday in the FRR. There were a couple of scout matches where I hooked up with two or three guys from 2323.

I was running my Blackjack 1X in the standard popular FW configuration, 6 ML, 2 MPL, 295XL engine, etc. Normally I do very well in FW with this mech, however, for scouting the configuration was not quite performing as well as I needed it to. One of the guys mentioned he runs the same build, but with 6 SPL instead of the 6 mediums.

About an hour later, I swapped out the mediums for the small pulse, purchased the small pulse range module as well, and the StormCrows started dropping like flies. Very Nice.

No doubt I would have finished the contest regardless, but that small change probably saved better than three hours of grind.

Nice going guys, and thanks for the help. Always a pleasure to work with the Professionals:)

I hope you put 2 flamers on it in the STs.

#4 crustydog

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 17 May 2016 - 09:47 PM

Lots of good 2323 fights, last night and again this evening.

With, or against, you guys are always a good match!

Good Hunting!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users