Petition: Rename Ppcs To Junk (Just Useless Not Kool)

84 replies to this topic

#1 PholkLorr

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 155 posts
  • LocationThe Best Player

Posted 01 June 2016 - 07:33 PM

20 dmg. Snail moving. 20 heat. PPCs and ERPPCs are the lowest dps weapons of all time due to their heat. You will ALWAYS do more dps taking a LPL over a PPC/ERPPC. Guaranteed.

20 dmg for 20 heat? They should set ghost heat for IS PPC and ERPPC to 3, though even then they would still be the sheetiest weapons in the game. Because 20 dmg on a slow moving bullet is sheet. gauss can do 30 on a fast moving 0 heat alpha. So why should the ppc be 20. In this day and age of 40 - 70 dmg alphas. 20 dmg is WOEFULLY PATHETIC. 20 dmg for TWENTY HEAT even more so. 20 dmg for an absurd 20 (or 30) heat on a shot that has a decent chance of missing anyway even more even more so. Add to that the ritardirt minimum range of 90m?! Even more even more even more so. PPCs should be renamed to JUNK, which stands for "Just Useless Not Kool".

ER PPCS. Even junkier. How often do you think you fight at 800+ m? And even if you do so, what's the % chance of you hitting with your PPC? The C LPL will fight you at 800+ m for slightly more dmg (because the 13 dmg of C LPL will be reduced to about 11 dmg at 800+ m), less heat and near 100% accuracy (albeit probably spread, which isn't as big a deal as people make it out to be).

ER PPCs and PPCs. 2 worst weapons in the game. Clan ERPPC. 3rd worst weapon in the game because at least you do 15 dmg, albeit 2.5 spread to each torso, which to me isn't even a nerf at all because most mechs are damaged all over the place anyway, and people are going to hit the part they want between 20 to 70% of the time anyway. Stop pretending you're some computerlike aimbot player who can consistently put your PPFLD on the part you want. Pretty sure 90% of the forum posters here can't. But the way you see ppl on here talk about how spread is bad, it's as if 90% of them are computers.

The most logical rationale for why they talk as if they have 90% hit rate on the part they want is because their brain only remembers the good stuff. Cored Robot! Alpha strike him with my PPC, BAM! He dies and i feel the rush of endorphins. Boy am i such a hot shot. Next 4 instances where you see a cored robot and you alpha him with your PPCs/AC20/gauss and didn't hit the cored part. Meh, chuck it off into the bin of forgotten memories. On the 6th instance, you alpha and the target dies. WOAH IM A HOT SHOT, i have 90% hits on the specific component i want! When in reality, you only hit 20% of your shots.

If a gun was so bad that it needed so much quirks (and varying degrees of goodness too, which makes it confusing to realise the speed) to make it usable, then you should buff the gun overall, not only for a sprinkling of trash bots.

Suggestion:

0) Change IS ghost heat to 3
1) Drop PPC heat to 8.5, ERPPC to 11
2) Change speed back to 1500m/s. ERPPC speed to 1700 m/s
3) Remove 90m min range

Edited by PholkLorr, 01 June 2016 - 09:01 PM.

#2 Darian DelFord

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,342 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 01 June 2016 - 07:36 PM

I say that MG's have them beat followed by Small Lasers

Also my Panther would HIGHLY disagree with your damage assessment.

#3 PholkLorr

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 155 posts

Posted 01 June 2016 - 07:43 PM

Actually, your Panther agrees with my assessment. If it needs 50% ppc speed increase and 25% ppc heat discount, that is exactly what i have assessed.

Thank you very much for your support.

#4 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 01 June 2016 - 07:48 PM

Posted Image

That 90 meter minimum range of PPC really screws one over, unless one is using a fast mech.

Edited by El Bandito, 01 June 2016 - 10:59 PM.

#5 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 01 June 2016 - 07:51 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 01 June 2016 - 07:48 PM, said:

That 90 meter minimum range of PPC really screws one over, unless one is using a fast mech.

It is a substantial limitation, and one not offset by awesomeness at range.

With that said, the PPC at least is relatively cool compared to the ERPPC, which is IMHO even worse. 10 damage for 14 heat is not a good trade when that's also coming alongside very slow projectile speed.

When a weapon is only good at all when it is substantially quirked, there is a problem.

#6 White Bear 84

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 01 June 2016 - 07:53 PM

Pretty much sums up why almost none of my mechs run with PPC's...

#7 Funkin Disher

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 590 posts
  • LocationPPC Apocalypse Bunker, Sydney

Posted 01 June 2016 - 08:19 PM

All that really needs to be done is to take the quirks that PPC-approved mechs get and apply those changes directly to PPCs.

I mean there's other stuff you could do, but that'd be hard.

#8 Idealsuspect

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 01 June 2016 - 08:23 PM

Only PGI know what is good for MWO !

Plz just play don't try to think and keep buy mechs, we have a brilliant staff for balance game and improve content. Posted Image

Edited by Idealsuspect, 01 June 2016 - 08:30 PM.

#9 DaZur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 7,511 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 01 June 2016 - 08:25 PM

My RFL -5D with +50% velocity, +10% range and -10% quirks AND ErPPC range/cooldown modules love PPCs. Posted Image

That said... out of the box unquirked or moduled PPCs suck.

#10 Rhent

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2,045 posts

Posted 01 June 2016 - 08:26 PM

Do you want 6 PPC stalkers again, because thats how you get them.

#11 PholkLorr

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 155 posts

Posted 01 June 2016 - 08:39 PM

View PostRhent, on 01 June 2016 - 08:26 PM, said:

Yes i want. Sounds like a super slow moving freefrag robot with atrocious Sustained dps.

Also, i'm bored of 6 LL slow moving freefrag robot (but still faster than super slow moving freefrag robot with low dps).

And doesn't sound as dangerous as super slow moving freefrag 6 LPL stalker.

Edited by PholkLorr, 01 June 2016 - 08:43 PM.

#12 LordKnightFandragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,239 posts

Posted 01 June 2016 - 08:44 PM

No, but ill take a 15/15 1500ms, 5.5s CD CERPPC along with a fixed, max heat capacity of 40. Lets see that 6 PPC stalker do anything but EXPLODE when it fires 60 of the 40 heat and shuts itself down for like 3 1/2 years, while cooking it's internals. Also, lower the "engine over heat and explodes in your face" limit to like 50. This game needs a much harsher heat scale, they could do it fairly simply. Increase over heat damage, decrease the max amount we can have,...

blah, blah, new ballistic meta, but yeah....

You kinda curb the ballistic meta by making them take along time to reload, like 8s for an AC20, 6s for an AC10, 2s for an AC5, 1s for AC2s. Then, make ranges in this game 1x not 2x. Energy would hold the range advantage.

#13 Col Jaime Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,214 posts

Posted 01 June 2016 - 10:30 PM

id be alright with this if clans can get true 15 damage erppcs.

#14 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 01 June 2016 - 10:49 PM

yeah, of course, increasing ghost heat to 3 means 6PPC stalker... right?

You people are the reason PPCs are sh1t without giga-quirks
You are the reason MGs are crap
You are the reason LRM20 is a steaming pile of garbage

It is sad!

#15 DarthHias

• Shredder
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 01 June 2016 - 11:14 PM

PPCs feel right on Mechs with 50% Velocity boost. So give that boost to all PPC´s. Remove those quirks and give them something else. Bingo.

#16 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 01 June 2016 - 11:57 PM

The 6PPC stalker was never a serious problem. It was visible, but not a very good build, much like a Direstar now.

A 6PPC stalker firing two groups of three is firing 30 point alphas, with slow projectiles, at tremendous heat. It's not a problem, even if you thought 6PPC stalkers where an issue.

Hell, 3 PPC's is basically a crappy dual Gauss.

#17 Karl Marlow

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,277 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 12:04 AM

My 4 PPC Rifleman is actually one of my favorite mechs right now. I can fire 2.5 salvos before I need to cool off. I love them on my Warhammers as well. The work and they do front loaded damage. Now ERPPCs are complete garbage. The heat on those are way too high for the mediocre benefit of an extended range bracket.

#18 DAYLEET

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 02 June 2016 - 12:29 AM

Aiming is hard, managing heat is hard, managing minimum distance is hard, lets keep using the lpl.

I needed 2 days to get used to unquirked ppc's on my heavy metal. 10fld is stronger than you think, im happy most people will keep with the lpl, few aim it as good as they think.

#19 Duke Nedo

• CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 2,184 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 12:29 AM

View PostWintersdark, on 01 June 2016 - 11:57 PM, said:

The 6PPC stalker was never a serious problem. It was visible, but not a very good build, much like a Direstar now.

A 6PPC stalker firing two groups of three is firing 30 point alphas, with slow projectiles, at tremendous heat. It's not a problem, even if you thought 6PPC stalkers where an issue.

Hell, 3 PPC's is basically a crappy dual Gauss.

If I remember correctly it was 4x PPC stalkers completely without GH that was the scary stuff... :)

And tbh, that crappy dual gauss has unlimited ammo and weights like 21 tons instead of 36 tons (including 6t ammo).

#20 BabyCakes666

• Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 1,050 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 12:37 AM

ppc used to be cool like in MW3-4 now there just a meme a joke

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users