Forest Colony Snow

7 replies to this topic

#1 Gustav Kuriga

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 October 2021 - 10:05 PM

Is an awful, tiny, bottleneck map. I'm talking the "Classic" Map.

Edited by Gustav Kuriga, 24 October 2021 - 10:06 PM.

#2 w0qj

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,411 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 25 October 2021 - 12:52 AM

There's a map feedback forum, as below, perhaps you would be interested in sharing your views in the relevant forum!

https://mwomercs.com...62-map-feedback

More detailed feedback would be appreciated though, (for example) such as there are bottlenecks at map coordinates M19, Q18, and v9, where only two assaults can pass through at the same time (for example). Thanks!

#3 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,366 posts

Posted 25 October 2021 - 06:20 AM

Its a 8vs8 map and a variation of the original forrest colony from the beta days.

As there is already a new forrest colony in the game i guess it would get a low priority for another remake.

Much patience is probably needed until any change may occur...

#4 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,780 posts

Posted 25 October 2021 - 08:57 AM

The problem is the bay area. Usually, it is not a good idea to stand in the water, so both teams crowd ashore.

It would be a relatively simple thing to place more cliffs and rocks there, but I am afraid that it would result in more snipers camping behind them. Dunno.

#5 Cerebus23

• PipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 53 posts

Posted 25 October 2021 - 10:41 AM

i like the classic over the new forest one of my lest liked maps.

but ecm and stealth are op on maps with near zero visibility nm a boon for smaller speedy mechs that i typically do not drive.

lest the classic has its brawl and snipe areas and decent cover. hate everything about the new.

#6 pbiggz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,684 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 25 October 2021 - 11:08 AM

View PostCerebus23, on 25 October 2021 - 10:41 AM, said:

i like the classic over the new forest one of my lest liked maps.

This is why we're stuck with garbo old maps. For every person wondering why we have non-performant beta quality maps in game, we have another person screaming bloody murder when PGI even looks like it might change an existing map.

but ecm and stealth are op on maps with near zero visibility nm a boon for smaller speedy mechs that i typically do not drive.

This is false. These mechs are not overpowered and there are very easy ways to counter them. They do perform well on maps with low visibility. New Forest colony isn't one of those maps.

lest the classic has its brawl and snipe areas and decent cover. hate everything about the new.

New forest colony has all the same areas and then some. The fact that people use the same areas as the old one is a result of game modes not leveraging the new real estate. It's actually an excellent map that the game modes do dirty every time. If you hate everything about new, you just haven't taken the time to learn the map yet.

#7 Stonefalcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 1,372 posts
  • LocationProselytizing in the name of Our Lord and Savior the Annihilator

Posted 25 October 2021 - 03:14 PM

View PostGustav Kuriga, on 24 October 2021 - 10:05 PM, said:

Is an awful, tiny, bottleneck map. I'm talking the "Classic" Map.

It's a great map, you have brawl and sniper opportunities. Additionally if you Nascar and the enemy notices, your team gets punished hard for it so it's a great deterrent.

Edited by Stonefalcon, 25 October 2021 - 03:14 PM.

#8 Ekson Valdez

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 26 October 2021 - 09:30 PM

This thread has been moved to Forest Colony

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users