12 replies to this topic

#1 Troutmonkey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 28 May 2016 - 07:06 AM

Playing in my Misery on Terra Therma and pushing across the bridge. Cored enemy Warhawk on the right. I fire off my AC20 and LPLs for a direct hit! But no, crappy map hit boxes completely block my shots. He then shoots back and blows of my arms, and his team mate finishes me off. GJ PGI

#2 John McHobo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 28 May 2016 - 08:32 AM

You should probably move this to the Map Feedback Subforum for TerraTherma.
Said forum is currently empty, and the hitboxes for the main fighting area are terrible in general.
No idea why this is not fixed after years of complaints.

#3 ImperialKnight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 07:04 AM

it will probably never get fixed.

and given how crappy this map is and how little it's played as a result, it would be better to just remove it entirely from the game

#4 Darth Futuza

• 1,239 posts

Posted 04 June 2016 - 12:04 AM

View Postknightsljx, on 03 June 2016 - 07:04 AM, said:

it will probably never get fixed.

and given how crappy this map is and how little it's played as a result, it would be better to just remove it entirely from the game

They probably plan on replacing it like they have all the other maps.

#5 John McHobo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 05 June 2016 - 11:50 AM

I still don´t get what is so complicated in adjusting the hitboxes to what they should be.
To be fair though I know nothing about their map-creating tool, but it seems to run completely separate from the guy who creates the assets, apparently.

#6 Troutmonkey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 07 June 2016 - 04:28 PM

View PostJohn McHobo, on 05 June 2016 - 11:50 AM, said:

I still don´t get what is so complicated in adjusting the hitboxes to what they should be.
To be fair though I know nothing about their map-creating tool, but it seems to run completely separate from the guy who creates the assets, apparently.

Haven't worked with CryEngine, but if it's anything like Unity or Unreal than it's less than an hours work. Maybe more if they have to export or rebake the collisions but it really is trivial

#7 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 04:44 PM

Server side version of the map uses no rendering, and has all geometry polygons divided by 8, so if a feature such as a pillar is made out of 32 polygons (just an example), it would then be made out of four. That would mean the cylinder would become a rectangular prism. Most things are made out of far more polygons mind you but you can see how different this makes things.

Like we see MWO with its fancy graphics. The server more or less sees us as mech warrior 2 on the lowest possible settings.

#8 jjm1

• Hell Fork
  • Hell Fork
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 08 June 2016 - 07:53 PM

I posted this exact same wall to the Terra Therma feedback thread yesterday.

In true MWO forum fashion, it picks up a defence council against change.

#9 jjm1

• Hell Fork
  • Hell Fork
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 08 June 2016 - 07:57 PM

View PostDarth Futuza, on 04 June 2016 - 12:04 AM, said:

They probably plan on replacing it like they have all the other maps.

Terra Therma is one of the best looking maps in the game, perhaps even the best. I'd like to see them recycle its art assets for a map that plays better though.

#10 ImperialKnight

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 09 June 2016 - 01:53 AM

if you can't fix it, use it. I used to bait enemies by showing a bit of the side of my mech. it was hilarious seeing how many people trying to shoot me but hitting the terrain, and seeing the lasers and projectiles stop just short of my mech

#11 Marvyn Dodgers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,859 posts
  • LocationCanuck transplanted in the US

Posted 09 June 2016 - 05:26 PM

Moving to Terra Firma feedback

#12 Darth Futuza

• 1,239 posts

Posted 12 June 2016 - 04:06 PM

View Postjjm1, on 08 June 2016 - 07:57 PM, said:

Terra Therma is one of the best looking maps in the game, perhaps even the best. I'd like to see them recycle its art assets for a map that plays better though.

Yeah the problem is that caldera in the middle just doesn't work as far as gameplay flow goes, can't count the amount of times teammates just pile up and die one at a time. Usually it's a whoever gets to the caldera first wins. The best fun I've had on it is when the fights happen outside of the center caldera.

#13 ImperialKnight

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 03:54 AM

map design/programming has never been PGI's strong suite.

mobile bases and crimson straits used to have the same problem. they fixed mobile bases and crimson. so maybe they're fixing in order of popularity. which mean terra will get fixed in approximately.....never

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users