59 replies to this topic

#21 Slow and Decrepit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 525 posts
  • LocationBelen, the Mosquito Capital of NM

Posted 30 July 2016 - 05:03 PM

This is about Victors, not Awesomes. Your mech has had many upgrades compared to Victors, so why don't you start your own thread instead of trying to hi-jack this one.

#22 Rock Roller

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hitman
  • The Hitman
  • 310 posts
  • LocationPacific North West USA

Posted 02 August 2016 - 12:47 PM

View PostSource Mystic, on 14 July 2016 - 07:05 PM, said:

Keep moaning PGI does not care ! All they care about is nerfing mechs and creating a power vacuum that they can easily fill with new mechs you must buy. why do you think there is so many junk yard mechs that no one plays. You think pgi cares about balance? ROTFL
Look at how they over quark mechs then when they are complained about the nerf them into the ground making another junkyard mech. I play a awesomes so I do not want to hear any whining about my mech is to under powered please buff.

Get off of your "meta crutches" and go play a real mans mech.

If they didn't pay at least some attention I don't think the Awesome would have received quite as many buffs as it has.

Compare those to the Victor. You might discover that you have it good.

Edited by Rock Roller, 02 August 2016 - 12:49 PM.

#23 Steel Claws

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 665 posts
  • LocationKansas

Posted 02 August 2016 - 01:25 PM

I still drag my Dragon Slayer out once in a while. It still takes some scalps but yes they need some quirk love. The highlanders too. You see more Victors on the maps than you ever will IS Highlanders.

#24 Requiemking

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 2,479 posts
  • LocationStationed at the Iron Dingo's Base on Dumassas

Posted 02 August 2016 - 01:33 PM

If you want the Victor buffed, lets throw in the Highlander and the HGN-IIC as well. They are practically inseparable.

#25 WANTED

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 611 posts
  • LocationFt. Worth, TX

Posted 02 August 2016 - 07:59 PM

I own three assaults only. 2 are Victors elited from back in the days. I run it out as a joke every now and then but good god it needs more quirk luvin.

#26 ice trey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,523 posts
  • LocationFukushima, Japan

Posted 03 August 2016 - 12:08 AM

Here's some Victor Love...

victorlove.bandcamp.com

Edited by ice trey, 03 August 2016 - 12:08 AM.

#27 Rock Roller

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hitman
  • The Hitman
  • 310 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 08:05 PM

To much purple in your Victor Love ice. Posted Image

#28 Mazzyplz

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,292 posts

Posted 06 August 2016 - 04:26 AM

the problem with victor is that it turns like a world war one dreadnought ship.
back when mwo nerfed it they made it turn like that and they nerfed the jumpjets respective to their weight class.
assault jumpjets became a joke.

well not entirely because executioner can make some use of it.
victor could too if they fixed the turning.

awesome has received 6 buffs. i think it's in a good place now. i drive most of them. only the 8t and 9m need minor quirk attribute given to em.

victor needs to handle again like a mech that only weighs 80 tons, not like an atlas. that should fix the guy.

victor, gargoyle and zeus need buffing desperately.

if they buffed awesome so many times its because we're vocal the awesome fan club.

but you guys should start posting in feedback and feature suggestions stuff like "how about fixing the 80 ton class"

so they give us hitboxes and mobility more in line with orion and marauder

#29 Requiemking

• The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 14 August 2016 - 03:23 PM

The Highlanders need help too. I've just bought the IIC-C and it moves SOOO SLOW. Seriously, all Highlanders, whether they be IS or Clan, need to have at least one of the following happen.

A. Increase their engine ratings.
B. Unnerf Jump Jets
C. Have their old Speed + quirk back.

#30 SlightlyMobileTurret

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Lance Corporal
  • 718 posts

Posted 14 August 2016 - 06:14 PM

View PostMazzyplz, on 06 August 2016 - 04:26 AM, said:

awesome has received 6 buffs. i think it's in a good place now. i drive most of them. only the 8t and 9m need minor quirk attribute given to em.

Honestly, the 9M is perfectly fine.

The damn 8T on the other hand... Posted Image

View PostRequiemking, on 14 August 2016 - 03:23 PM, said:

The Highlanders need help too. I've just bought the IIC-C and it moves SOOO SLOW. Seriously, all Highlanders, whether they be IS or Clan, need to have at least one of the following happen.

A. Increase their engine ratings.
B. Unnerf Jump Jets
C. Have their old Speed + quirk back.

I thought they got some ~40% accel/decel and some turb rate buffs? Do those help the mech feel more responsive or not? Someone told me they are still slow, but feel more pleasant to pilot.

Edited by Keshav Murali, 14 August 2016 - 06:12 PM.

#31 Requiemking

• The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 14 August 2016 - 06:28 PM

View PostKeshav Murali, on 14 August 2016 - 06:14 PM, said:

I thought they got some ~40% accel/decel and some turb rate buffs? Do those help the mech feel more responsive or not? Someone told me they are still slow, but feel more pleasant to pilot.

They are more pleasant to pilot, but that doesn't help their slow speed. They desperately need more mobility, and as far as I can tell, the best ways to get it too them is to do one of the things I suggested.

#32 DonGardenio

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 92 posts

Posted 15 August 2016 - 12:33 AM

Those niche AC20 medium builds are better armed and more mobile than the poor Victor...

Until we get some seriously non-canon version that has a 4E arm or something, some weapon slots on the empty RT and proper 3 sets of 6 tubes rather than some dodgy 10,5,2...

It already falls into the whole trap of not having enough weight for enough big weapons and not enough slots for small weapons all while moving like an absolute brick.

#33 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 15 August 2016 - 01:07 AM

make the jump jets better so ur low arm mounted weapons stop clipping terrain

Besides, lasers and ballistics are in a much better place than way back in the day
so a little pop tarting wont upset the cart.
much Posted Image

Edited by OZHomerOZ, 15 August 2016 - 01:16 AM.

#34 Rock Roller

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hitman
  • The Hitman
  • 310 posts

Posted 15 August 2016 - 09:36 PM

There is a definite need for extra energy hard points, structure buffs in line with the Hilander or Awesome, bonus armor to the arms, JJ buffs, fixed missile tubes or what the heck....something. Heck pick 3 or 4 of the above and let's roll.

Pop tarting with the level of Alphas the Victor can through are not that big of a deal these days.

#35 oldradagast

• Philanthropist
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 03:27 AM

View PostMazzyplz, on 06 August 2016 - 04:26 AM, said:

Let's not forget the Pretty Baby, the most Pay to Lose mech in the game.

I agree with you - the Victor is a lumbering brick that's easy to hit and lacks proper firepower. Fixing the messed up missile tubes would help, as would restoring some of its mobility. Then, give it some quirks so those laughably huge torsos don't fall off every time somebody looks at them funny.

#36 Requiemking

• The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 18 August 2016 - 10:14 AM

Unfortunately, its looking less and less likely that any of the "old gods" will be buffed. Why? Because then whats the point of adding new things?

#37 Charronn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 493 posts
  • LocationPictland

Posted 05 September 2016 - 04:11 AM

Victors have been left behind,miles behind mechs that are quite similar like the Zeus.There really is no point in running one unless for the giggles.
My DragonSlayer has been in mothballs for a couple of years now.I say give the Victor Zeus like structure buffs.It definitely needs helping that's for sure.I seen a player piloting a Victor earlier on the enemy team.....it didn't end well lol.Kudos for trying.

#38 xengk

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 2,502 posts
  • LocationKuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Posted 05 September 2016 - 08:01 PM

I pick up 3 Victors during the last hero sales, DS, 9K and 9S.
turning in midair to negate it's slow turning speed, 4 Jump Jet is almost compulsory. You need 3 to achieve lift off, 4 if you want more than 2 second air time.

They seem to work well as a DPS support assault.
Have my DS setup with:
1x GR, 1x PPC, 2x ML, 2x SRM4.

9S with
ALRM10+5, 2x ML, 1x AC10

9K with
2x LL, 2x LRM5, 1x AC10

#39 SlightlyMobileTurret

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Lance Corporal
  • 718 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 08:07 AM

The 9S is a pretty good brawler from what I hear. (@Alienized might be able to help with that)

#40 Daemon04

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • LocationYou can google Mozartkugel or you can scan an Austrian.

Posted 06 September 2016 - 08:35 AM

My precious victors,
the one thing they desperately need is their missile tubes fixed. While a friggin raven can run lrm20s!!!=20 tubes for that!? - the poor victor is down to 6-4-2 for srms and 10-5-2 for lrms.
It is accurately quirked but it definitely misses its tubes fixed for that proper missile cooldown quirk.
the VTR-DS has amazing 2Ballistic-3Energy-3Missile hardpoints and is even appropriately quirked BUT these missile hardpoints just ruin it. I can run a ac20 with three srm6s on a centurion and bc my DS is missing the correct tubing - it will lose to a centurion! First bc it cant run an ac20 second you are capped by 6-4-2 srms which cool down seperately and you cant match those to eachother. the first hero Ive gotten was the DS! - and while I can get into my quickdraw iv-four to do decent matches - the dragon slayer just gets slaughtered. o.o
Makes me upset.

EDIT- tubes fixed. were good now.

Edited by Daemon04, 14 November 2017 - 04:22 AM.

10 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 10 guests, 0 anonymous users