Crimson Strait Feedback

23 replies to this topic

#1 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,365 posts

Posted 08 June 2016 - 03:14 PM

Imo quite a good map with quite a good look for a City map.
If combat could happen a bit more often away from the freight deck area it would be nice.

#2 Timicon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 09:59 AM

It is a good map, with the exception that every time, everyone does the exact same thing. And that platform width is basically all where the battling takes place. For one, I would shorten the length of the platform or at most, get rid of it all together, or map that island a lot more important in the game than it is (such as replacing the Domination Dish to the island, instead of the top of the platform), not just put 15 second generators there.
The second thing I would do is to keep the Saddle (D5) but have the train tunnel blocked off by debris or does not branch right out under the platform (just the right side tunnel).

#3 Syrkres

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 488 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 07:39 AM

The F-Line needs to be opened up somehow.

By having it two large areas on either side of the pass, it would stop the nascaring and likely force fight to one area with scouts and quick mechs moving about for flanking.

Edited by Syrkres, 23 June 2016 - 07:40 AM.

#4 MunStarr

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 18 posts

Posted 02 July 2016 - 08:47 PM

Just played battle tonight in my Spider that was jumping buildings from drop point and got stuck on the roof of building in perpetual jump mode. Which made for very boring wait stuck on roof....Posted Image

Using fix battle map for orientation was jumping east to west into D6. There's a square building in SE quad. Landed on curved part of roof directly in front of what looks like solar panels facing me closest to east corner.

It registered as roof as far as I didn't go into building. But never registered as ground as my jump jets never recharged either. Any speed change would show up on meter but feet fixed to roof surface.

Bad programmer! Bad! (sprits)

#5 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 03 July 2016 - 11:54 PM

Domination point needs to be moved, if your team starts tunnel side they are at an extreme disadvantage, there are other Maps that have this issue, but not as glaringly obvious as Crimson Straight.

Alternative is move the starting points for that side again, two would need to be a lot closer to the saddle, as currently only lights can make it, and the only other approach is through the tunnel, where your limited to how many can stand side by side.

The fact that one of the good sides satelite bases is on the island across open water, also makes it harder for the tunnel side to add time on to the other teams clock

If for some technical reason, it cannot be moved, then the whole mode should be taken out the game

#6 Aerei

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 127 posts

Posted 04 July 2016 - 12:43 PM

View PostCathy, on 03 July 2016 - 11:54 PM, said:

Domination point needs to be moved, if your team starts tunnel side they are at an extreme disadvantage, there are other Maps that have this issue, but not as glaringly obvious as Crimson Straight.

Alternative is move the starting points for that side again, two would need to be a lot closer to the saddle, as currently only lights can make it, and the only other approach is through the tunnel, where your limited to how many can stand side by side.

The fact that one of the good sides satelite bases is on the island across open water, also makes it harder for the tunnel side to add time on to the other teams clock

If for some technical reason, it cannot be moved, then the whole mode should be taken out the game

It can definitely be moved. Remember that they moved the one on Alpine Peaks a while back.

Crimson Strait does have the glaring issue of high ground advantage. I think a concept of attack and defense is nice, but for Domination, not being able to take your time to get to the high ground is a huge problem.

As a suggestion, seeing it in the city near that area could be interesting. I don't think there's a single dish in such a huge urban setting. It might be chaotic and probably brutal to anyone not a brawler, but it's equally brutal to both teams (drop decks aside), and could make for some interesting chaos.

#7 Fox the Apprentice

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 12:19 PM

I like the valley between the city and the cargo holding deck.

#8 Lance Avalon

Rookie

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 02:56 AM

This map CANNOT be used for faction play with the space between spawns on one side the spawn camping is terrible. It should be removed until your willing to put weapons on the dropships to counter spawn camping.

#9 el piromaniaco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 957 posts
  • LocationVienna

Posted 04 January 2017 - 05:32 AM

With the new position of the South Base you can get stuck between the Lower Left Corner of the base and the next building.
At least with a Battlemaster.

#10 SmokeGuar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 450 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 11:09 AM

Why was base on 1 side moved closer to saddle? And very tight spot for that matter, assaults have absolutely no room to move there.

Since patch, this has been constant saddle pushes. Very difficult to predict and defend since almost all of defending team is on other side of mountain.

#11 el piromaniaco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 957 posts
  • LocationVienna

Posted 05 January 2017 - 11:40 AM

"assaults have absolutely no room to move there."
But enough to get stuck.

Even with the old location, pushing saddle and capping base was instant win against all the teams that decided to go through the tunnel or along the east side of the mountain to the platform as a whole.

#12 Insanity09

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • 551 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 12:27 AM

I do not dislike this map, but I find myself puzzled by how often it seems to be voted, given the problems it does have. It seems like this map is what I see almost half the time though I'm sure that's an exaggeration.

The problem? One of the things that makes this map interesting is that it is far from symmetric. Unfortunately, that also means that many arrangements are very advantageous for one side or the other, even with (in some cases because of) the recent changes to it.

I suppose that even if folks are only subliminally aware of the potential imbalance, they have hope that it will be in their favor? I take the opposite position, I'd rather not risk be disadvantaged, so I tend not to vote for it.

#13 TypicalDogAct

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 33 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 03:56 AM

I'd suggest looking at moving the north eastern end of the map, where epsilon is ... its about the only place on the map that is evenly spaced from the traditional spawns, and doesn't overly give one side an advantage .... the normal dome circle would be wide enough to extend into the water for both sides, and provide some blocked line of sight .... in terms of actual cover, it would be very minimal for both sides, and create a dynamic that we don't get on any other map ...

Edited by TypicalDogAct, 09 January 2017 - 04:05 AM.

#14 MookieDog

• PipPipPip
  • Gunjin
  • Gunjin
  • 93 posts
  • LocationDC

Posted 16 February 2017 - 04:03 PM

Sick and tired of the same thing over and over.. Dual ERPPC clan something on top of the mountain. Please put some kind of invisible wall.. like the ones in grim plexus on top so the rest of us "ground pounders" can actually return fire.

#15 Calebos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 03:32 AM

So called day/night time sucks. What kind of useless noob did this rubbish sh*t? It pulls down fps horribly. Shadows are projected into nonsense places. Really bad work PGI. But what we can expect from you, heh?

#16 AnUndeadMonkey

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 02 April 2017 - 05:30 PM

Map needs major rework on all modes. One side is stuck in a dead end and gets stomped. Its over picked every time it comes up for vote. Put the Dom circle on the island in the top middle and put both teams on each end, might make it fun. Its too small and you move if your in anything but a light mech. Overhaul the map.

#17 Gazbeard

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 65 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPSR Tier 6

Posted 25 April 2017 - 11:40 AM

Domination on Crimson Strait should have TWO capture areas, with one having more end of battle reward than the other and the lower value cap zone having a faster cap speed. Not in the style of Conquest, but more in the style of capture one or the other for the win. In this way, teams that have stomped the opposition can go for the slower cap to earn more ... and teams that have been stomped can go for the rapid cap to pull back the victory but earn less from it because they got stomped. It would also promote more dynamic play on this corridor map instead of always fighting the hollow next to the tunnel or the saddle in the pass.

It's about the only way I can think of to make Domination mode interesting on this map.

Obviously the spawns should be equidistant from both cap zones.

#18 General Solo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 03:14 AM

I like crimson, its gotta a few options for how u play

#19 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 11:32 PM

The lighting of this map seems washed out, like the gamma is turned too high.

Using a color-calibrated Dell U2711 monitor and stock gamma settings, so it's not on my end. This is the only map with this issue.

#20 Ragnahawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 645 posts
  • LocationAce in RVN-3L, HBK-4P, CDA-2A, AS7-S, BNC-3M, Won Top Dog Tourny.. Those are my bests

Posted 16 May 2017 - 06:07 PM

The mountain was taken away from us. All because of a few people complaining about it. It was a feature since 2012 I believe. Screw strategy right?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users