25 replies to this topic

#1 Lolo van Trollinger

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 167 posts
  • LocationTrollhejmr

Posted 10 June 2016 - 07:08 AM

for the sake of maps, bring back a Version of the old forest colony for the 4v4 Scout matches :)
i LOVED them tunel.

#2 Timicon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 09:46 AM

I would say that the current Forest Colony map should be smaller. There is so much detail in it, that it slows down a lot of people in lag and just not good to play on.
Maybe change the pathway between the hills into a cave pathway, like the old map had, as well as get rid of some of that useless rotting junk lying around the ground (enough trees as it is!) but there is little else I can think of to improve.

#3 Revener

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 223 posts
  • LocationSvea Rike

Posted 26 June 2016 - 11:22 AM

Problem with the new forest colony and other new map is that they are all to big. we use like 10% when we fight on them .
Old forest colony was fun. New one is just boring and huge.

#4 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,575 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 26 June 2016 - 07:09 PM

NO ONE used the tunnel after Seismic sensor. I'd like to see another tunnel (preferably a branching network) somewhere, but that one tunnel isn't enough to justify all the problems with the old Forest Colony.

#5 Snowscape

Rookie

• Little Helper
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 June 2016 - 10:07 PM

The forest colony tunnel was my favorite, and I almost always used it or monitored mechs using the tunnel. The tunnel was even more useful in the winter forest colony map. Great brawling action in dark setting. I think bringing back the tunnel and a smaller forest colony map would be beneficial. I would also favor realtime weather changes, maybe instead of time of day changes, with precipitation starting or stopping during a match.

#6 Nightshade24

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 28 June 2016 - 12:13 AM

View PostSnowscape, on 27 June 2016 - 10:07 PM, said:

The forest colony tunnel was my favorite, and I almost always used it or monitored mechs using the tunnel. The tunnel was even more useful in the winter forest colony map. Great brawling action in dark setting. I think bringing back the tunnel and a smaller forest colony map would be beneficial. I would also favor realtime weather changes, maybe instead of time of day changes, with precipitation starting or stopping during a match.

I think they removed it because it was very buggy.
Me and most of my friends half the time get pitch black light inside the tunnel and can not see at all unless using 3rd person view (which fixes it) or running so fast that you go out the other end. Due to that it was never a favourite of me.

#7 Kali Rinpoche

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 639 posts
  • LocationCrossing, Draconis March

Posted 28 June 2016 - 08:37 PM

The new forest colony is fine. I don't want the small box of a map that was the old one.

#8 Valistan

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 47 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 06:57 AM

View PostKali Rinpoche, on 28 June 2016 - 08:37 PM, said:

The new forest colony is fine. I don't want the small box of a map that was the old one.
New map is very rarely wins the vote. Coincidnce? I think not!

#9 TheLuc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 746 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 07:03 AM

I still prefer the return of classic forest colony and classic frozen city. as it is now canyon is the one i play on the most.

#10 Kara Ben Nemsi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 16 July 2016 - 08:37 AM

View PostLolo van Trollinger, on 10 June 2016 - 07:08 AM, said:

...bring back a Version of the old forest colony for the 4v4 Scout matches...

...and for private lobby!

#11 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 July 2016 - 08:44 AM

new forest colony is a awesome map. i totally love to run around there, so many places to go unlike having all the same battles each time you get maps like crimson strait.

fact is: ppl dont like to use their brain in a game. they dont think about all the possibilities that are given by a map.
they just want a obvious spot to move to and fight there.

the most played maps prove this. theres nothing new in all these battles, nothing surprising. just the same things over and over and that makes it boring to play.

you could see that pretty clear on polar highlands first battle. people didnt know where to go so they been all over the place. those been the best and fun battles. now its a stupid run to the flat open center and nothing else anymore.

#12 Nergal Pryde

• Pip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 14 posts
  • LocationIn the Maelstrom of Chaos, right at the bottomless pit.

Posted 03 January 2017 - 04:10 PM

map back map back !!

#13 TheRumChum

• Pip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 18 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationOttawa ontario

Posted 16 January 2017 - 02:32 AM

Nothing against the layout of the map at all...It just runs like *** on my poor budget build of a PC, as do most of the new maps now adays and as do most of my friends that want to get into this game. 25-30 FPS just walking around... then when ppl bring lurms it is almost unplayable. yes particles are on low, but that doesn't even have an effect. my FX-8350 should be able to run this game. every other game runs smooth AF. just not this game. also have a gtx 1060 6GB if that helps.

#14 Steinkrieg

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 144 posts
  • LocationNOLA

Posted 16 January 2017 - 09:08 AM

I don't see why they couldn't include all of the old maps in the rotation. Just change their names. Many online shooters had multiple maps set around the same theme or planet or region. ddust and ddust2 in Counterstrike, for example.

#15 Revener

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 223 posts
  • LocationSvea Rike

Posted 22 August 2017 - 08:08 AM

I wonder why they just don't add the old map version of Forest and Frozen into the rotation too, they will see what people vore on. And old forest was much more popular compared to the new boring Forest Colonoscopy :)

#16 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 09:23 AM

View PostValistan, on 29 June 2016 - 06:57 AM, said:

New map is very rarely wins the vote. Coincidnce? I think not!

I play on it pretty often.

Old map is still in the new map. Just need to get over there.

Only downfall is yes, the cave is gone. Would be nice to get it back, with some added paths that lead into and outside of the old forest colony area.

.....Snow version would also be appreciated.

View PostTheRumChum, on 16 January 2017 - 02:32 AM, said:

Nothing against the layout of the map at all...It just runs like *** on my poor budget build of a PC, as do most of the new maps now adays and as do most of my friends that want to get into this game. 25-30 FPS just walking around... then when ppl bring lurms it is almost unplayable. yes particles are on low, but that doesn't even have an effect. my FX-8350 should be able to run this game. every other game runs smooth AF. just not this game. also have a gtx 1060 6GB if that helps.

Upgrade time!

(No seriously, almost all newer computer games have higher requirements than MWO... so it's time to upgrade.)

#17 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 22 August 2017 - 10:49 AM

View PostLolo van Trollinger, on 10 June 2016 - 07:08 AM, said:

for the sake of maps, bring back a Version of the old forest colony for the 4v4 Scout matches Posted Image
i LOVED them tunel.
I'll be honest I get lost in the new one BRING BACK THE OLD MAP!!!

#18 Burning2nd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 984 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 12:44 AM

they should have all the old maps.... Not just forest

But I thought i read or heard in a video that its not possible... IDK

#19 The Basilisk

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,269 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 24 August 2017 - 12:14 AM

Bring back the old smal maps for 12vs 12 .... hell no !!!
Bring them back into the lobby Posted Image Yes please !!!!

And old Terra Therma was actually a pretty cool (ermmmm mean pretty damn hot) map when you've learned to stay out of the center.
Old frozen City...sure bring it back (but fix the texture and stuck issues first)

Edited by The Basilisk, 24 August 2017 - 12:17 AM.

#20 Revener

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 223 posts
  • LocationSvea Rike

Posted 24 August 2017 - 05:35 AM

View PostBurning2nd, on 23 August 2017 - 12:44 AM, said:

they should have all the old maps.... Not just forest

But I thought i read or heard in a video that its not possible... IDK

There is no logical reason for it to be impossible or even hard to do.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users