#21 Raso

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 14 June 2016 - 06:21 AM

View PostTercieI, on 14 June 2016 - 06:15 AM, said:

No, not really, because you have to use a STD engine to fit a 20 in the torso. So, like a HBK, you pretty much can only fit a couple of backup lasers once you have the 20&ammo.

Yeah I played around a bit and nothing really stuck. Maybe an AC10...

#22 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,147 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 14 June 2016 - 06:38 AM

View PostRaso, on 14 June 2016 - 06:21 AM, said:

Yeah I played around a bit and nothing really stuck. Maybe an AC10...

i actually bought the 7K and sold it without leveling it and picked up an LG on sale, couldn't find a thing I wanted to do with it.

Edited by TercieI, 14 June 2016 - 06:40 AM.

#23 General Solo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 14 June 2016 - 06:41 AM

3 ER large lasers on the J and M are pretty decent

#24 Nullmancer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 194 posts

Posted 14 June 2016 - 03:56 PM

View PostTercieI, on 14 June 2016 - 04:46 AM, said:

Read them again. The only 15-specific quirk is 5% cool down. 25% cool down on 10s spits missiles faster (and tighter) than 30% on 15s. Used to be very 15-focused, but not any more. If I was gonna LRM on it, I'd almost certainly go with a pair of Artemis 10s.

thanks for explaining Posted Image

Took me a long time to finagle a build for the loupe de guerre that I kinda liked. I also tried a Dervish knockoff back in the day, it was underwhelming.

But SRM bombing in a terrible chassis is fun!. I like to imagine people get super pissed when a goddamn Trebuchet wrecks their precious clan mech.

I do hope the rescale is kind to the Trebuchets. In fact. i hope they redo it like the catapult, scale down the chest area some, especially shrink the belly area part, and of course scale down the arms a bit and trim a bit off the launcher box in the left arm.

Edited by Nullmancer, 14 June 2016 - 03:57 PM.

#25 Freeman 52

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 154 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 15 June 2016 - 03:35 AM

View PostNullmancer, on 14 June 2016 - 03:56 PM, said:

But SRM bombing in a terrible chassis is fun!. I like to imagine people get super pissed when a goddamn Trebuchet wrecks their precious clan mech.

At this point it looks like Trebs and other IS basket cases are only good for honing positioning skillls and trolling rivals who tend to overlook them for juicier targets. Locusts are annoying in a very obvious ways, and Orions are just fat targets, but I think the reaction to Trebuchets, Kintaros, Vindicators and company is more like "wait, what?"

#26 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,147 posts

Posted 15 June 2016 - 03:56 AM

View PostFreeman 52, on 15 June 2016 - 03:35 AM, said:

At this point it looks like Trebs and other IS basket cases are only good for honing positioning skillls and trolling rivals who tend to overlook them for juicier targets. Locusts are annoying in a very obvious ways, and Orions are just fat targets, but I think the reaction to Trebuchets, Kintaros, Vindicators and company is more like "wait, what?"

The 5J actually pops up in comp from time to time.

#27 Nullmancer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 194 posts

Posted 15 June 2016 - 07:09 AM

my general feelings on the Trebuchet chassis

The TBT is meant to be a reasonably quick, fire support weapon.

Other variants then the 7M should have significant LRM/missile quirks. Also, more mobility quirks on all the variants.

The chassis' design is too tall, thin and flat, easily allowing your torso's and arms to be isolated at range. This can however be mitigated by intelligent gameplay.

I sorta like the idea of adding a second missile hardpoint to nearly every variant in the right torso, maybe not the Loup de Guerre or 7M. If done, adjust quirks to a reasonable level to compensate.

The TBT-3C should be better quirked then it is. I want my perfect fast LRM + TAG + ML's machine.

my feelings on the individual chassis'

TBT-3C - the extra energy hardpoint is nice, and sits fairly high in the middle of the chest. I wish it had more interesting LRM quirks, cause this variant is the one I feel would build the best LRM + TAG + backup energy weaponry for my needs.
Granted the TBT-5N also has four energy hardpoints, all in the arms though, which is not bad, I just irrationally personally like the 3C more.

TBT-5J - Good quirks for STD lasers, see's comp play sometimes, somehow. I'm not impressed enough to actually use it though. One missile hardpoint and it has Jumpjets.

TBT-5N - One of the better variants for turning into a close combat machine. No jumpjets though, which I feel is needed for maneuvering into surprise buttsecks close combat fairly often. Three energy hardpoints in one arm is real nice.

TBT-7K - Never played it, The ballistic points are reasonably high mounted, energy points are slightly higher. Big quirks, also extra structure in the torsos. It's different from other TBT's and may be worth picking up for variety's sake while levelling. Slightly tempted to pick one up but I think I'll hardly touch it and end up selling it off.

TBT-7M - Three missile hardpoints, LRM 15's are too heavy, can shoehorn three LRM 10's in with decent compromise in mobility and ammo endurance. Also one of the better variants to turn into a close combat machine and it also has jumpjets!. The quirks help with either build but are for missiles only.

TBT-LG - Four missile hardpoints!, but only two energy, one on each arm. Mediocre weapon quirks and additional armor quirk for the arms, also jumpjets, so yeah, definitely intended for a close combat build.

so yeah, quick list as to what three I would suggest to level, TBT-7M, TBT-7K for variety, and either the 5J for tryhards or 5N or 3C your third. Get the Loup de Guerre only if you expect to do close combat with it and/or have become a fan of the chassis after first levelling the others.

Edited by Nullmancer, 16 June 2016 - 04:42 AM.

#28 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,147 posts

Posted 15 June 2016 - 07:35 AM

View PostNullmancer, on 15 June 2016 - 07:09 AM, said:

TBT-5J - Good quirks for STD lasers, see's comp play sometimes, somehow. I'm not impressed enough to actually use it though. One missile hardpoint and it has Jumpjets.

Heavily quirked STD lasers are pretty unique. They burn at the speed of pulses, have 20% heat gen and are one of the only mechs to have preserved more than a 20% range quirk. Still has the unfortunate TBT shape and all the guns are arm-mounted and so kindof low, but it's surprisingly effective. I'd say it's actually good, not just "good for a TBT."

(I'm not trying to sell you, just amplifying this explanation, by and large think your post is pretty on).

Edited by TercieI, 15 June 2016 - 07:36 AM.

#29 Nullmancer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 194 posts

Posted 15 June 2016 - 08:24 AM

I don't mean to sell the 5J short, it has exceptional quirks, which is exactly the reason why it see's comp play. Thanks again for clarifying.

I neglected to mention as a general thing about the chassis... I feel that to maintain decent speed, ammunition endurance, TAG and some form of backup weaponry, the Artemis IV upgrade should probably be be ignored for LRM users. Its already a compromise without Artemis. Downgrading your engine, or removing your backup weaponry or ammunition for the upgrade is a bit much, and gameplay will usually suffer.

However, it is essential to get the most out of SRM 6's, so is most definitely necessary for a close combat build using those. Not so much SRM 4's of course.

#30 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 15 June 2016 - 10:36 PM

This is a lucky game with my kitchen sink build, trying to make the then newly released perks work on me ol treb.

Fun starts about 3.50

Edited by OZHomerOZ, 15 June 2016 - 10:38 PM.

#31 Jody Von Jedi

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,551 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 16 June 2016 - 03:10 AM

View PostRaso, on 14 June 2016 - 06:06 AM, said:

I hope these gentle giants get some love with the resealing. Their size has always kept me from getting into them.

Is it wrong I want to squeeze an AC20 and some SRMs onto the 7k? (is that even realistic, though?

I have done something similar. I didn't Koine the name, but some have called it the "Yen Lo Cost"

#32 Davy J0nes

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 139 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 11:15 AM

Love the treb first mech and still my fav.

I own them all.

and while I love the hero you can do a better job with the 7m cuz of the quirks the treb - lg is under quirked and I really wish it got a buff to its CT or a - spread quirk to srms on it.

which is even more important for the treb since the thing is so wide.

3c I wish had quirks to go along with its speed 390 engine cap. something to make it different from the 5n since the hardpoints are the same only diffrences 1 e in the center of the 3c instead of the arm.

I try a odd build with it anyway but works for teamplay rly well.

<a href="http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=60&l=ceb1f6f5136c9f0d32e3fb2e5fe1b9dab05a205f">TBT-3C</a>

your rly fast 121kph run to where your most needed.

lrms are quirked with -spread works with lrm5s rly well + your have active probe. 3 and half tons ammo

+ 1 erlarge laser to focus the target your raining on.

when out of ammo you still should be useful with 3 mls and 1erlaser running around as fast as some lights.

---------------

tbt-5j

You have to try not 3 not 4 large lasers but 5!!! troll build yes but cuz of the quirks it sorta works. melt them lights in one hit and make sure you give out a evil laugh while doing it.

xl250 5large lasers 1jumpjet and 1 double heat sink.

just cut armor from head down to 6 legs 37. shocking i know but try it at least once.

-------

Treb lg,

something different.

2ppcs or 2lpls 4 srm2 xl 280 5 jumpjets.

--------

7k i wont post we all know it does everything :D

one day I want to do a match with 5 treb 7ks vs 5 cents ac20 builds.

I just think the 7k is like a cent in a way just 2 shield arms instead of 1.

#33 Freeman 52

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 154 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 18 June 2016 - 12:55 AM

Totally ignored by the rescale. Either Trebs were perfect already or nobody remembers them anymore.

#34 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,147 posts

Posted 18 June 2016 - 05:41 AM

View PostFreeman 52, on 18 June 2016 - 12:55 AM, said:

Totally ignored by the rescale. Either Trebs were perfect already or nobody remembers them anymore.

Yeah, the rescale was obviously just volume based math and, like the AWS, the TBT's so thin front-to-back that its volume is probably reasonable despite it behaving like a catcher's mitt in practice.

It's a rock and a hard place, though: We'd like them to balance using some judgement and not just a spreadsheet, but they've demonstrated over and over that they don't have enough understanding of how the game is actually played to have useful judgement. Maddening.

#35 Davy J0nes

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 139 posts

Posted 18 June 2016 - 07:01 PM

I will say this if your a anti meta pilot person pickup a treb its just one of them mechs what can shock some people.

One epic last stand I remember was frozen city

I ran into that ship in the middle of the map you know the one.

So the enemy had to attack me one after the other I swear I killed 3 of them war horn going off. like crazy mad stuff

finally I was killed but still once again to anyone reading this Yes the treb isnt the best fair from it but you wont regret it if you put enough time into it and understand its straights and weakness and if you were wondering.

Was using a treb 7k 2 lpls 1 uac5 not a ac5 5% more cd rly isnt anything trust me. gone over 1k damage with this build

or try guass 1 erppc or ac20 treb bla and i promised i wouldnt talk about the treb 7k lol

Edited by Davy J0nes, 18 June 2016 - 07:07 PM.

#36 Mazzyplz

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,292 posts

Posted 18 June 2016 - 07:14 PM

guys, every other mech pretty much is getting bigger.
if the trebuchet is not getting smaller at least now it will be more similar to the other mechs..

#37 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 19 June 2016 - 12:30 AM

I found the trebucket pretty tanky before for its weight.
The issue for me has always been hardpoints and hard point location compared to mechs released afterwards.

#38 SlightlyMobileTurret

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Lance Corporal
  • 718 posts

Posted 19 June 2016 - 01:00 AM

View PostTercieI, on 14 June 2016 - 06:15 AM, said:

No, not really, because you have to use a STD engine to fit a 20 in the torso. So, like a HBK, you pretty much can only fit a couple of backup lasers once you have the 20&ammo.

Actually, 2srm4 and an ac/20 with total of 5 tons ammo is possible.

Then again, a SHD can raise that to 3 srm4 and a total of 6 tons ammo.

View PostFreeman 52, on 15 June 2016 - 03:35 AM, said:

You sir, have surely not been shot at by an ON1-V or a VA.

I personally gtfo out of those two's firing lanes unless I'm in a Dire whale.

Two uac/5 + 2 (LL/PPC/LPL) just tears mechs apart, and the VA can run an Atlas-s build with better DPS.

Edited by Keshav Murali, 19 June 2016 - 12:58 AM.

#39 The Basilisk

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,270 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 19 June 2016 - 01:27 AM

View Postmogs01gt, on 13 June 2016 - 12:51 PM, said:

When the rescale occurs, I'll probably pick one up to try it out.

No rescale for Kintaro and Treb. Wahahahahaaaa

#40 Barkem Squirrel

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 1,082 posts
  • LocationEarth.

Posted 19 June 2016 - 02:22 AM

At it's core the chassis is a quick, bouncy, LRMey mech.

Then we get to change it, adapt it and refine them into a bouncy balls of destruction.

I have even been accused of doing back flips over a direwolf (or two at the same time) while firing at them.

Edited by Barkem Squirrel, 19 June 2016 - 02:23 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users