Let's Guess: Phoenix Hawk Shoulder Jet / Wing / Thing/ Protrusions.

15 replies to this topic

#1 Sader325

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,181 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 10:21 AM

Will they be something that you can physically shoot? Or will they function like catapult/archer bay doors. Visually there but physically not?

What do you guys thing?

#2 Revis Volek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 16 June 2016 - 10:26 AM

View PostSader325, on 16 June 2016 - 10:21 AM, said:

Will they be something that you can physically shoot? Or will they function like catapult/archer bay doors. Visually there but physically not?

What do you guys thing?

I'd like to think you wont be able to shoot them, but they still give you away via sight. but we never know with PGI it might be deemed OP and they may be ST. Which would suck, worst of all if they are all back ST. Posted Image

KDK claws are the same way, no hit box.

#3 Tordin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 16 June 2016 - 10:32 AM

Theres a few outcomes of those jet pack fins, thingies..

1: They seems thin enough so purposely hitting them will be kinda hard, especially with a fast moving PH.

2: They might be partial non-hitbox. From top of the head level and up.

3: Or they might be not part of torso hitboxes at all, from the visor/ cockpit glass window level and up.

#4 DAYLEET

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 16 June 2016 - 10:35 AM

What do you guys think?

I think people should keep their money in their pocket until PGI address these concerns people have about new mech comming out.

People have expressed concern about the "ears" since we saw the first pic. At this point, if the ears dont take out a ST it's almost a dickmove that pgi wont tell us.

Edited by DAYLEET, 16 June 2016 - 10:36 AM.

#5 Sader325

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,181 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 10:40 AM

View PostDAYLEET, on 16 June 2016 - 10:35 AM, said:

I think people should keep their money in their pocket until PGI address these concerns people have about new mech comming out.

People have expressed concern about the "ears" since we saw the first pic. At this point, if the ears dont take out a ST it's almost a dickmove that pgi wont tell us.

I would but people who watch my livestream have a penchant for making me suffer. I haven't bought a mech since they Archer, but they already donated me the PHX hawk and kodiak, both donations were made with the express purpose of making me salt.

Because the kodiaks op as **** and needs to be unquirked and the PHX hawk is a glorified vindicator, of which I already have four.

Why the hell do I need 5 More vindicators!? WHY?

**** my audience, they hate me almost as much as I hate them.

#6 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 16 June 2016 - 10:47 AM

Guess what. Those things are part of the mechs volume. Being he way they are they don't really make great targets or easily hit. So it actually reduces the size of the rest of the mech.... On a 45 tonner that's a fair difference and just makes the Phoenix Hawk that much more OP.

#7 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 16 June 2016 - 10:50 AM

View PostJohnny Z, on 16 June 2016 - 10:47 AM, said:

Guess what. Those things are part of the mechs volume. Being he way they are they don't really make great targets or easily hit. So it actually reduces the size of the rest of the mech.... On a 45 tonner that's a fair difference and just makes the Phoenix Hawk that much more OP.

Not to mention that one of the hero mechs can carry 1 Machine Gun. How much more OP can you get?

#8 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 16 June 2016 - 10:51 AM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 16 June 2016 - 10:50 AM, said:

Not to mention that one of the hero mechs can carry 1 Machine Gun. How much more OP can you get?

If it turns out to be a 45 ton Firestarter or even Cicada there could be some whining. If it can manage 2 LRG Pulse and 2 mediums or even 2 LL and 2 mediums that's a fairly hard hit and with good speed it could be fun.

Edited by Johnny Z, 16 June 2016 - 10:53 AM.

#9 Alistair Winter

• Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 10:53 AM

What do you guys thing?

I think PGI will do whatever is ok with most of the players. Meaning you can't really do damage by hitting the jets, because people would freak out and ask for money back if those things were part of the hitboxes.

A few hardcore players will be upset that shots go straight through the jets without any cosmetic damage, but that's like 50 people and PGI probably won't spend money on some fancy destructible ghost components just to appease those hardcore players.

Path of least resistance = ghost components that look cool that don't actually do anything and can't take damage.

#10 DAYLEET

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 16 June 2016 - 11:25 AM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 16 June 2016 - 10:53 AM, said:

A few hardcore players will be upset that shots go straight through the jets without any cosmetic damage,

You know you can blow part of a mech without blowing its body, like missile doors or missile pod on clan mech.

#11 MeiSooHaityu

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 16 June 2016 - 11:27 AM

View PostDAYLEET, on 16 June 2016 - 11:25 AM, said:

You know you can blow part of a mech without blowing its body, like missile doors or missile pod on clan mech.

Hey now, let's keep it family friendly in here. There might be kids on the forum lol.

#12 Moldur

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 12:43 PM

They'll count as cockpit shots.

#13 Alistair Winter

• Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 12:52 PM

View PostDAYLEET, on 16 June 2016 - 11:25 AM, said:

You can't blow them without jerkïng off their side torsos first. You have to strip them before you blow them. You can't just blow parts willy nilly. You can't blow them in one stroke, if you get what I'm saying. This mech won't lose its jump jets unless you strip all parts except the shaft. Or the center torso, as some people call it.

Edited by Alistair Winter, 16 June 2016 - 12:53 PM.

#14 Revis Volek

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 16 June 2016 - 01:15 PM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 16 June 2016 - 12:52 PM, said:

You can't blow them in one stroke, if you get what I'm saying.

Well where the fun in that?

Maybe the PHX has "duration" issues?

Edited by Revis Volek, 16 June 2016 - 01:16 PM.

#15 Mole

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,314 posts
  • LocationAt work, cutting up brains for a living.

Posted 16 June 2016 - 01:23 PM

Another possibility that I have not seen mentioned here or anywhere else is that they might kinda fold up and only deploy when jumpjets are activated, much like the little shoulder wings on the Spider. We have yet to actually see a Pheonix Hawk in motion, only stills. It's kind of unlikely, but still a possibility.

Edited by Mole, 16 June 2016 - 01:23 PM.

#16 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 16 June 2016 - 01:30 PM

What do you guys thing?

looking at the extreme mobility quirks the PXH is getting, I have to assume that is because internal testing found it fragile. Thus I would err on assuming that the JJ Pylons are indeed ST hitbox, and as such, very shootable.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users