• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 03:29 PM

Just some random thoughts about a possible new consumable:
EMP-Burst - 40,000 CBills
1) One-time use.
2) Effective radius from source = something between 90 and 150m.
3) Causes the Disrupt effect of an ECM for ~15-30 seconds for all 'Mechs in the affected area.
4) Disables all ECM carriers' ECM units for ~30-45 seconds, including friendly and hostile. This, because even assuming the ECM units were shielded, they may likely need to be reset. This is approximately how long it may take for this type of complex system to reset. Only applies to ECM carriers within the area of effect, but stays with them even if they leave the area. ECM carriers entering the area after the burst occurs, but within the duration, are not affected. Indicate something like, "REBOOTING" on weapons display for ECM.
5) Immediately destroys all UAV units in affected area, regardless of height(because this kind of thing travels further up than it does to the sides anyway, this is a known fact about nuclear explosions in general, to include the type of weapon that generates an EMP effect without significant physical destruction).
6) Maybe also make it disable all energy weapons for ~5 seconds, or alternatively, make it shutdown all 'Mechs, friendly and hostile(including the user), in affected area, and make them have to restart manually(default P button). This would add significance to the "startup/shutdown speed" pilot skill.

Again, just random thoughts, probably in need of some serious balancing.

Edit: Added details to #3. Added details to #4; it should not affect ECM carriers outside the area.
Edit2: Added more detail to #4. Fixed a typo in #5.

Edited by Throe, 22 June 2016 - 09:53 AM.

#2 Aleksandr Sergeyevich Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 04:05 PM

so this consumable randomly grabs an EmP pilot and puts him on your team to disable the enemy team?

#3 Hoffenstein

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 368 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North

Posted 21 June 2016 - 04:39 PM

I like the idea of this, kind of like a one-shot, short term Beagle Active Probe, but it doesn't get shot down. Props if they can give the Mech that fires it off a frizzy HUD for it's duration :D

#4 Expfighter

• Pip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 October 2019 - 10:44 AM

since i have come back after not playing since beta, i have had a tough job of keep the little #*&^@$ mechs from killing me, so i had the same idea about an "EMP burst" weapon ONLY usable by Assaults and Heavy Mechs.

This EMP Burst Consumable would fire and disable ANY Enemy mechs within a small radius, like 100-300 units. Upon firing this EMP Burst, the Smaller enemy mech would be shutdown for 15-30 seconds until the mech electronics can reboot and come back to life. This would lead the smaller locust/pirahna etc... mechs to rethink their "hide below the torso range and get free kills" strategy.

Thoughts?

Edited by Expfighter, 22 October 2019 - 10:45 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users