Cool! So how long does the sale last?

#3 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 23 June 2016 - 11:38 AM

Unless these are 75+% off, these are not worth it.

The sale ends on July 4 (all the Steam sales end at the same time AFAIK).

#4 NIRVAN

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 396 posts
  • LocationRussia, LO, Kirovsk

Posted 23 June 2016 - 11:45 AM

When will the NEW Steam Performance Packs?

#5 B L O O D W I T C H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,426 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 11:50 AM

View PostDeathlike, on 23 June 2016 - 11:38 AM, said:

Unless these are 75+% off, these are not worth it.

The sale ends on July 4 (all the Steam sales end at the same time AFAIK).

Disagreed,
The content is way more worth seperately, MC + premium time covers the price with 40% off. You get 2 mechs + bays with color and camounlocks on top of it. AND c-bills.
Can't trick math.

#6 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 11:55 AM

View PostToha Heavy Industries, on 23 June 2016 - 11:50 AM, said:

Disagreed,
The content is way more worth seperately, MC + premium time covers the price with 40% off. You get 2 mechs + bays with color and camounlocks on top of it. AND c-bills.
Can't trick math.

Nope.

$20 gets you an Urbie... not necessarily worth the bang for your buck, but you get at least 3 variants to play with.

For an older tiered pack (same $20), you actually get a lot more... usually an entire camo set to go with the money making variant. You'll be limited to the IS packs though, but assuming you go up through the ladder (and hoping the mechs aren't total garbage for you as they go up), you get essentially more stuff... camos, variants, and stuff.

Since the Steam packs can actually be variable (in cost and in discount), it makes quite significantly more sense to wait more of it out, because they eventually hit ridiculous levels sales wise (66+% to something as ludicrous as 90% off). 40% off now/today (or in the worst case, regular price), you're only getting 2 mechs.

Math would totally favor the packs ONLY when the discount is significant. A $20 Urbie has oddly less in-game MC/C-bill value than a $20 Kodiak pack.

Edited by Deathlike, 23 June 2016 - 11:56 AM.

#7 Sheewa

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 126 posts
  • LocationNuclear Boiler

Posted 23 June 2016 - 12:33 PM

Spoiler

Yes, please Posted Image

#8 Helene de Montfort

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 262 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPays de Loire

Posted 23 June 2016 - 12:34 PM

The problem with steam performance packs, is that they offer only one variant of a mech, and mix clan and IS... It's hard to perform in a mech with which you can only unlock basic skills, and for those of us that play only one side/account, such packs are even more useless.

#9 B L O O D W I T C H

• 2,426 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 01:25 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 23 June 2016 - 11:55 AM, said:

40% off now/today (or in the worst case, regular price), you're only getting 2 mechs.

Nope, read the package description. 2 "hero" mechs + mechbays + 30 days premium + MC + c-bills + Colors + camo unlocks.

compared to the 20$ urbie pack, you should rather pick up the 40% of light steam pack for 16,79$

Urbie pack gives you 3 bays, 3 normal urbies and 30 days premium

Steam pack gives you 2 bays, 2 heros, 30 days premium, 3 colors, camo unlock for 2 chassis, MC for 5 more bays and enough c-bills to buy an urbie to your liking.

View PostHelene de Montfort, on 23 June 2016 - 12:34 PM, said:

The problem with steam performance packs, is that they offer only one variant of a mech, and mix clan and IS... It's hard to perform in a mech with which you can only unlock basic skills, and for those of us that play only one side/account, such packs are even more useless.

Well, it's meant for new players who start with 4 empty bays, so 6 mastered mechs if you buy and grind out the 2 heros from the package.

#10 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 01:34 PM

View PostToha Heavy Industries, on 23 June 2016 - 01:25 PM, said:

Nope, read the package description. 2 "hero" mechs + mechbays + 30 days premium + MC + c-bills + Colors + camo unlocks.

compared to the 20$ urbie pack, you should rather pick up the 40% of light steam pack for 16,79$

Urbie pack gives you 3 bays, 3 normal urbies and 30 days premium

Steam pack gives you 2 bays, 2 heros, 30 days premium, 3 colors, camo unlock for 2 chassis, MC for 5 more bays and enough c-bills to buy an urbie to your liking.

I'm not saying the Panther Wolfhound is good value, but for $20, you get 3 bays, 3 variants (1 of which is a C-bill bonus variant), no premium (which isn't necessarily a make or break proposition), 6 colors, 1 camo unlock.

The 30 days premium in on said Light performance pack activates immediately. Assuming you even bother with upgrading the basic Panther pack, the included premium time provided is banked.

MC's best value are for mechbays, but only when its on sale (both MC and the mechbays themselves).

Edited by Deathlike, 23 June 2016 - 01:36 PM.

#11 Bhho

Rookie

• Star Captain
  • Star Captain
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 02:02 PM

How does it work?, I purchase the pack, and I get a reddem code? or the package goes to my account?, first time I use steam

#12 YUyahoo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 02:32 PM

Thanks for putting the steam packs on sale and for this weekends double exp event (they are always great to have) as well as the leaderboard event...but you are still spelling MECHBAY SALE incorrectly. the community has been asking for this for months, please listen to your community.

#13 trucker1227

• Pip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 13 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationHarlingen, Texas USA

Posted 23 June 2016 - 02:46 PM

ive seen the mech bays for sale about 150 mc during events in the past , pretty sure it may come back like everything else when a new content comes out .....

#14 Quintus Verus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 184 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 03:02 PM

View PostYUyahoo, on 23 June 2016 - 02:32 PM, said:

Thanks for putting the steam packs on sale and for this weekends double exp event (they are always great to have) as well as the leaderboard event...but you are still spelling MECHBAY SALE incorrectly. the community has been asking for this for months, please listen to your community.

I totally agree. I even tried to get Russ to respond to it in the last town hall. Bring us MECH Bay Sales! Posted Image

View Posttrucker1227, on 23 June 2016 - 02:46 PM, said:

ive seen the mech bays for sale about 150 mc during events in the past , pretty sure it may come back like everything else when a new content comes out .....

The last one was almost 7 months ago.

Edited by Quintus Verus, 23 June 2016 - 03:03 PM.

#15 Piero Cruz

Rookie

• The Tracker
  • The Tracker
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 06:37 PM

Yes please, Mech Bay sale would really benefit everyone. Agreed? :D

#16 RAM

• The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 2,018 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 23 June 2016 - 06:37 PM

Please put the Performance Packs back into the regular MWO Store. Much obliged, thank you!

RAM
ELH

#17 Carl Vickers

• The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 2,649 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 23 June 2016 - 06:45 PM

Other than new mech packs, please buy one, Id say PGI are making a decent amount of cash off of mech bays atm. They are the one thing you cannot do without.

That being said, I have been waiting for a mech bay sale for a while nao, plz make happen or ill spend my monies on a cheeze burger!

Edited by Carl Vickers, 23 June 2016 - 06:56 PM.

#18 ball0fire

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 178 posts
  • LocationQLD australia

Posted 23 June 2016 - 06:47 PM

View PostBhho, on 23 June 2016 - 02:02 PM, said:

How does it work?, I purchase the pack, and I get a reddem code? or the package goes to my account?, first time I use steam

i think you have to be using the steam MWO client for this to work, tho i could be wrong , someone thats bought a pack needs to reply

#19 YUyahoo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 08:29 PM

View Postball0fire, on 23 June 2016 - 06:47 PM, said:

i think you have to be using the steam MWO client for this to work, tho i could be wrong , someone thats bought a pack needs to reply

You do need to have the steam version to make the purchase but you can delete it right afterwords (which is what I did, my steam account shows me having played for all of 12 minutes, lol)...if they were still in the MWO store there would be no need for this but then you would have to pay the PGI currency conversion premium too, so there are pluses to these packs only being on steam.

#20 Nimnul

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 246 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 02:51 AM

I bought these packs for a long time, why not buy twice? Give more steam packs! ((((

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users