Remove This Map From Rotation If You're Not Going To Fix It

18 replies to this topic

#1 ImperialKnight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 05 February 2019 - 10:12 PM

Years later, this map is still a hot pile of garbage. Change the spawn points especially on Conquest or take this map off rotation already.

After years at this game, PGI still doesn't understand the basics of military tactics. High ground = massive advantage. And still lets one team spawns on high ground and one on low.

#2 Think Tank

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 September 2019 - 11:09 AM

Just had a "fun" match on this map which involved several players on both teams complaining that heat dissipation did not work and their hit reg did not work.

And it was also domination mode and the other team understood to take the hill dominating the circle, and they quickly stomped us in spite of the issues.

I myself did what I felt was going to be at bare minimum 300-400 in ballistic and srm dmg, only to have the game tell me I did exactly 100 dmg for the match. My mech had burst firepower of 76 dmg, which I poured directly into an enemy at close range several times during the course of the match.

Edited by Think Tank, 10 September 2019 - 11:12 AM.

#3 mad kat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,907 posts
  • LocationFracking the third toaster.

Posted 17 September 2019 - 05:18 AM

The only map that needs removing is HPG. Every single match is like a lesson in lemming NASCAR!

#4 morosis

• PipPipPip
  • The Sickle
  • 79 posts

Posted 13 June 2020 - 01:50 PM

came here to say this. if i could veto this map always and never play it, id love to do that.

its so, so, so, so bad.

#5 Kjasic

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 May 2021 - 04:46 PM

Just gonna bump this topic. I've never once had fun on this steaming pile of garbage of a map, even when my team won. There's no fixing this one, just remove it.

#6 The Basilisk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,270 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 02 May 2021 - 10:42 PM

In a time where you have spaceships, air surveilance and where it is effin irrelevant if you have to travel straight or up or down a slope cince you are using ranged weapons and fusion powered vehicles:

take the high ground...its an advantage
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#7 Lajur Kas

• PipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 77 posts
  • LocationOrestes Rally Point

Posted 04 May 2021 - 12:08 PM

Alpine Peaks is the best map in the game, followed closely by HPG.

#8 bcbovee78

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 October 2021 - 03:58 PM

I agree and think it should be pulled from rotation. I leave when this map pops and take the timer penalty. I won't do it in my lrm boats or light gauss mechs either, it's feels horrible when you are in anything but one of those, and is just a terrible map.

#9 MW Waldorf Statler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 27 October 2021 - 02:07 AM

View PostThe Basilisk, on 02 May 2021 - 10:42 PM, said:

In a time where you have spaceships, air surveilance and where it is effin irrelevant if you have to travel straight or up or down a slope cince you are using ranged weapons and fusion powered vehicles:

take the high ground...its an advantage
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Luckyly we have noaerospacefighters ,VTOLs,Bombers ingame ...and its give Guys thats will Melee Weapons

#10 Seelenlos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 550 posts

Posted 25 December 2021 - 10:44 AM

View Postbcbovee78, on 17 October 2021 - 03:58 PM, said:

I agree and think it should be pulled from rotation. I leave when this map pops and take the timer penalty. I won't do it in my lrm boats or light gauss mechs either, it's feels horrible when you are in anything but one of those, and is just a terrible map.

View PostImperialKnight, on 05 February 2019 - 10:12 PM, said:

Years later, this map is still a hot pile of garbage. Change the spawn points especially on Conquest or take this map off rotation already.

After years at this game, PGI still doesn't understand the basics of military tactics. High ground = massive advantage. And still lets one team spawns on high ground and one on low.

You don't get it what?
Both teams are down.
If fast Mechs are NOOB and DUMB it is not the maps fault.
You all also run this idiotic cirecles with the new ones INSTEAD of resisting them and don' follow.

Alpine is still the only tactical and strategical map, if both side mover their f(censoed) digital arses up the hill, it is fist the scouts then the middles and then the assaults which reach it. I have don it in all my mechs.

If you can not handle Alpine, IT IS U AND THE TEAM WHO SUCKS, NOT THE MAP! As one of you noobs told, High ground = win.

EXACT DO THAT !!!!

#11 Seelenlos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 550 posts

Posted 25 December 2021 - 11:08 AM

EXACTLY NOW (on the new map) we are losing, I get hit by the f.... team Direwolf in the hand and back, enemy comes up and gets me (exactly where he got me), one of the reds write: " What a ******* map!"

THEN
I write, "NO ITS U, UR BUILD AND THE NOOBS TEAMMATES" and what happens, the little insult get them and we win!

Really, you only NEED my INSULTS to win, even if you don't bring the equipment, and thats sad, cause as a team-playercan not understand noob egoisst, bringing only weapons to win and get the "nice PGI freebeeis" asap .... really not logical...

#12 Ch_R0me

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Named
  • The Named
  • 613 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationIn DireStar with Heavy Naval PPC

Posted 25 December 2021 - 01:38 PM

View Postmad kat, on 17 September 2019 - 05:18 AM, said:

The only map that needs removing is HPG. Every single match is like a lesson in lemming NASCAR!

I would say - revert to previous form. It was better imo.

View PostMW Waldorf Statler, on 27 October 2021 - 02:07 AM, said:

Luckyly we have noaerospacefighters ,VTOLs,Bombers ingame ...and its give Guys thats will Melee Weapons

Sadly, this isn't Living Legends for this kind of stuff... Posted Image

Yet - I don't have a problem with Alpine Peaks. Hell, I have a lot of fun with CPLT-K2 from top Posted Image

#13 Egoxeno

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 24 September 2022 - 01:43 PM

Over a decade and this map is still worthless.

#14 Orang UT Hahn

Rookie

• The Tyrant
  • The Tyrant
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 December 2022 - 01:50 PM

Remove This Map From Rotation If You're Not Going To Fix It !!!!!!!!

#15 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,705 posts

Posted 09 December 2022 - 11:35 PM

I have no problem with this map.

#16 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 13 December 2022 - 07:56 PM

View Postmad kat, on 17 September 2019 - 05:18 AM, said:

No that's caustic Valley.

#17 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,705 posts

Posted 13 December 2022 - 09:24 PM

View PostKursedVixen, on 13 December 2022 - 07:56 PM, said:

No that's caustic Valley.

No, that was Caustic Valley many months ago. Since the removal of the central volcano, there has been no significant nascaring.

Also, the poster, that you are reacting, talked about the original version of HPG Manifold. This version of the map is no longer available.

#18 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 13 December 2022 - 10:00 PM

View Postmartian, on 13 December 2022 - 09:24 PM, said:

No, that was Caustic Valley many months ago. Since the removal of the central volcano, there has been no significant nascaring.

Also, the poster, that you are reacting, talked about the original version of HPG Manifold. This version of the map is no longer available.
despite the removal of the volcano nascaring still happens mostly on that map.

#19 Ashvins

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 174 posts

Posted 23 July 2023 - 12:09 PM

Map is WAY too big. 80% never even sees a mech footprint. Reduce the size already.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users