10 replies to this topic

#1 Tigven

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 24 posts

Posted 25 June 2016 - 07:05 AM

Hello,
following this thread and the excellent advice given within it;
I have decided to try to construct a 3x Jagermech and 1x Blackjack dropdeck for CW.

I am looking to shamelessly(*) 1:1 copy smurfy builds of:
  • Jagermech JM6-A (65T) -- IMHO fantastic quirks for SRM and AC/2 combo
  • Jagermech JM6-DD (65T) -- IMHO fantastic quirks for the stock loadout weapons
  • Jagermech JM6-S (65T) -- IMHO underwhelming quirks, only good for AC/? + lasers I believe
with the following loadout:
  • Jagermech JM6-A (65T) -- SRM primary weapon and AC/2 for sniping situations
  • Jagermech JM6-DD (65T) -- UAC/5 primary weapon and AC/2 for sniping/UAC-jam situations
  • Jagermech JM6-S (65T) -- AC/? + lasers, not really any idea what build might be good
ALL STD engines please, unless really unavoidable. I prefer being slower than dying very quickly Posted Image

Ammo supply doesn't need to be very large, e.g. I can deplete 500 ammo on dual AC/2 Blackjack in 1 of 30 Quick play matches, and never in CW.

I am willing to consider other 65T IS heavies (catapult / thunderbolt) dropdecks, especially as replacement for JM6-S. I really want one of the 3 heavies to be with SRM primary weapon though.

* -- Unfortunately my mech building skills are not up to the task, I would probably do something horribly wrong if I attempted to put these weapons system on them. I read more and more tutorials, but it's not enough.

Edited by Tigven, 25 June 2016 - 07:07 AM.

#2 Stahlherz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 380 posts

Posted 25 June 2016 - 07:16 AM

Have a look here:

http://metamechs.com...ides/jagermech/

Also consider the option to have more than one of a specific Jägermech variant.

Certain CW maps call for loadout optimized for their temperature and terrain condistions.

Creating an all comer deck with each 'Mech being an all comer will create mediocre results.

---

Other IS 'Mechs such as Warhammers can fill in versatile battlefield roles as well.
Be it laser boat, SRM brawler, or dakka boat.

Edited by Stahlherz, 25 June 2016 - 07:18 AM.

#3 Colonel ONeill

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 662 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 June 2016 - 08:29 AM

If you wanna do STD-Engine heavies maybe go with Marauders and Thunderbolts.

But I think you should ask your unit (or dropcaller) what mechs/loadouts they prefer.

#4 MovinTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 30 June 2016 - 09:32 AM

The S is also one of the better ones for Dual Guass, if you have it elited and get the CD module, it is really quite usable! Guass has a terrible innate CD so all these cooldown aides combined make it overcome one of the current drawbacks to Gauss.

This is a niche build though, best for Boreal or perhaps defense on Sulphorous and Taiga (if you are going to snipe from the defenders drop zone). And yes, I think using an XL250 is perfectly legit for a mech that is sniping from extreme distance.

If you strip the legs of most of their armor (no one should see them if you are hill humping correctly) you can get 8.5 tons of ammo too.

You have to know how to use Guass. You start charging before you expose yourself, quickly identify your target and release, duck back down, repeat.

Edited by MovinTarget, 30 June 2016 - 09:35 AM.

#5 Tigven

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 24 posts

Posted 02 August 2016 - 01:15 AM

View PostStahlherz, on 25 June 2016 - 07:16 AM, said:

Also consider the option to have more than one of a specific Jägermech variant.

Are you saying I can save 3 IDENTICAL JM6-DD in my dropdeck?

So far the JM6-DD triple UAC-5 from metamechs is far superior to my own designs of the other 2 variants, so I'd gladly take that.

#6 Lukoi Banacek

• WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 02 August 2016 - 01:24 AM

View PostTigven, on 02 August 2016 - 01:15 AM, said:

Are you saying I can save 3 IDENTICAL JM6-DD in my dropdeck?

So far the JM6-DD triple UAC-5 from metamechs is far superior to my own designs of the other 2 variants, so I'd gladly take that.

You can absolutely take three of the same variant into a FP dropdec. You just have to buy the extra mechs.

#7 Tigven

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 24 posts

Posted 02 August 2016 - 10:48 AM

View PostLukoi Banacek, on 02 August 2016 - 01:24 AM, said:

You can absolutely take three of the same variant into a FP dropdec. You just have to buy the extra mechs.

Thank you both for the suggestion / confirmation (resp.)!

I'm pretty sure I'm going to do that.

#8 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 03 August 2016 - 08:19 PM

AC2s are largely a waste of time. The amount of face-time you need vs the amount of damage you actually do makes it pretty lacklustre... I've had people slap me with AC fire at 800m, once I realise it's AC2 (and the fact my armour is barely dropping) I largely ignore it for the most part.

I tried a AC2 BJ, and it's just rubbish even with the quirks. Too much face time to actually do any meaningful damage as
I mean yeah you are annoying as all hell pattering AC2 pallets but that's about it, 720m to do full damage means a CLPL is slapping you miles harder.

UAC5 all the way with the DD. If you jam, good chance to re-position, don't put a AC2 on it.

#9 Sjorpha

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,472 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 04 August 2016 - 11:46 AM

Generally speaking, Jagermechs need XL engines to do something useful, and the most useful of those builds are 3xUAC5 or 2xGauss.

The best standard engine build I've used is 2xAC10, 4MLas JGR-S.

Edited by Sjorpha, 04 August 2016 - 11:47 AM.

#10 Darth Hotz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • General
  • General
  • 459 posts
  • LocationOuter Rim of Berlin

Posted 05 August 2016 - 12:34 PM

I love the Jaeger but the problem is you need an xl engine to be usefull. Nowadays in faction play you usually run into 5-6 Kdk 3s in the 1st and 2nd wave and they will just rip every xl engine apart within seconds.

Go for Warhammers and include a Black Widow, which can carry 3 UAC 5s with a standard engine.

#11 Jackball

• Pip
  • The Bolt
  • The Bolt
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 12:52 PM

A single AC2 is pretty wothless, but i've had success with quad ac/2s on a defense, espically in earlier waves where you are firing on big targets (assaults).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users