Faction War - Is This For Real?

24 replies to this topic

#1 Jon McFuzzy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 144 posts

Posted 28 June 2016 - 12:28 AM

It's been 3 months since I played the game (fairly new?) and even though I played MW 2,3,4 I have zero knowledge about the Lore.

I just want to understand a little bit about Faction War. When we vote a Faction's Planet to attack, I assume we are making a conscious decision, with the goal that we will Fight and try to win that Planet. As an effect, I also assume, the voting decision will impart a bit of responsibility to us to contribute to the War.

Now, my question is, especially to the most senior Kurita loyalists, do we really have the people that are committed to the attack decision, and making a concerted efforts, with tactics and strategies, just like in any other war/battle, to achieve our goal?

Shouldn't we make a battle Plan, with waves and waves of invasions, scouting, resource/time management, etc.

Or whether that attack decision is really just part of the game which is nothing much than a mouse click, so the objective to win the Planet is also not so important?

The same analogy goes to Defending as well.

Yeah obviously MWO is just a game, i.e. unreal, and perhaps I shouldn't really being too serious about it Posted Image Posted Image

#2 Aidan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 542 posts
  • LocationFlorida, USA

Posted 28 June 2016 - 10:26 AM

For those of us in the Northern Hemisphere, it is Summer. Video games take lesser priority to the G.O.D. or the Great Out Doors. When the weather gets cooler, peeps will plant their butts in front of their video screens more.

Chill !

Posted Image

#3 Jon McFuzzy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 144 posts

Posted 28 June 2016 - 02:39 PM

Alrighty ... the Reason you gave makes sense, aaand it should also applies to other Factions as well ... No? Posted Image

#4 Chameleon257

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 171 posts

Posted 28 June 2016 - 03:19 PM

Faction play has taken a huge hit at least on the Kurita side of things. Most of the loyalist units are low turnout because of summer. All though we have had success getting the units together to cobble 12 mans. it's hit or miss on things though.

#5 Count Zero 74

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 733 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 03:12 PM

Shut up and buy a Mechpack

#6 Jon McFuzzy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 144 posts

Posted 04 July 2016 - 02:52 PM

View PostCount Zero 74, on 01 July 2016 - 03:12 PM, said:

Shut up and buy a Mechpack

Geezuz, Stainer like a true Kurita loyalists :D

Oops, I actually did buy that Steam pack ........ money money grub. #PGIcare

Question remains, Who are the Leaders of Kurita faction and what's the Grand Plan :P

#7 Chameleon257

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 171 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 03:46 PM

Jon I don't think anyone wants that responsibility. The closest we have is the council which of course isn't active because Faction play isn't really drawing people in.

As far as leaders to the Units that are represented
3TL ManaValkrie
9th Sword: Dremnom
6RNT: Chameleon257
SMRX: Mechregsurn
QAR: Nundin ?
COMA: Zoose?
Arkab: Dinsdale?
36th Dieron: ?? Not sure

Most if not all of those are Loyalist

Night Stalkers : Crockdaddy Kurita Mercenary

Feel free to insert names and units This is just a framework.

Edited by Chameleon257, 05 July 2016 - 03:47 PM.

#8 Gunny Kintaro 4444

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 48 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 03:51 PM

Atlas, Hunters Loyalist

#9 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 06:20 PM

Also a complete lack of relevant change to content aside from adding Long Tom which drove a big chunk of people away has killed the population with frustration and fatigue. It was always a rough framework of a game environment but it had some awesome concepts in it people wanted to see. Those concepts got tossed and we got a system where the 4man queue closes the 12man queue and 4man queue overall balance is broken.

So people left. Summer didn't help but a bit part of the draw of summer was having things that were way, way more fun than FW to go do. If FW was more fun more people would be playing it. I can outdoors all day and stompy robots all night - except when the stompy robots are not as much fun.

#10 Mole

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,314 posts
  • LocationAt work, cutting up brains for a living.

Posted 30 August 2016 - 12:23 PM

I dunno, I'm part of 3TL but it's been a long time since I played FW. I just... don't like it. QP is much more fun. FW could have been amazing but PGI did PGI stuff and implimented a good idea so poorly that they may as well have not even had the idea. I think a lot of people feel like I do and have just left FW altogether. I don't think it's just the Draconis Combine who are having trouble scrounging up active FW players.

Edited by Mole, 30 August 2016 - 12:24 PM.

#11 LordLosh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 409 posts

Posted 30 August 2016 - 01:40 PM

FW is dead at max I see around 50 60 players pretty sad. Wish it was not so but he Russ had a meeting and round table event and they talked about fixing the buckets and then they talked about buckets followed by some more buckets so rest assured the remaining hand full of players that still play will get matchs so fast it will make there head spin. As we continue to kick the "bucket" down the road

#12 Ultra-Laser

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 298 posts

Posted 02 September 2016 - 01:52 AM

Whats this? Kurita declared dead? Anemic player turnout? Complaints about Community Faction Warfare having cool ideas but underdeveloped implementation? 12-man premades stuffed to the gills with the latest OP clan assault mech? Man, I'm feeling nostalgic. Has it really only been two years since they added CW?

View PostJon McFuzzy, on 28 June 2016 - 12:28 AM, said:

even though I played MW 2,3,4 I have zero knowledge about the Lore.

If you want to be "in character" as a Kuritan pilot all you really need to do is to is Fight Everyone Ever, followed closely by acting with honor, dignity and respect at all times.

View PostJon McFuzzy, on 28 June 2016 - 12:28 AM, said:

Yeah obviously MWO is just a game, i.e. unreal, and perhaps I shouldn't really being too serious about it Posted Image Posted Image

Ask about the Kurita-Marik wormhole alliance from CW open beta, THAT was "too serious", and I loved every minute of it.

Edited by Ultra-Laser, 02 September 2016 - 02:52 AM.

#13 Scoops Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 716 posts

Posted 02 September 2016 - 08:14 PM

View PostUltra-Laser, on 02 September 2016 - 01:52 AM, said:

Whats this? Kurita declared dead? Anemic player turnout? Complaints about Community Faction Warfare having cool ideas but underdeveloped implementation? 12-man premades stuffed to the gills with the latest OP clan assault mech? Man, I'm feeling nostalgic. Has it really only been two years since they added CW?

If you want to be "in character" as a Kuritan pilot all you really need to do is to is Fight Everyone Ever, followed closely by acting with honor, dignity and respect at all times.

Ask about the Kurita-Marik wormhole alliance from CW open beta, THAT was "too serious", and I loved every minute of it.

you can relive the magic anytime friend http://mwomercs.com/...ack-on-athenry/

#14 ice trey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,523 posts
  • LocationFukushima, Japan

Posted 03 September 2016 - 06:58 AM

Might as well say it though, Jon.

If you've been playing since Mechwarrior 2, and are still here, I'm kind of shocked you haven't looked into the lore at all.

You should get on that. I've been on that since I was in the sixth grade and was brave enough to read a 300-page "Grown up" book.

#15 Surn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,073 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 03 September 2016 - 12:05 PM

Btw, I have reclaimed my rightful callsign "Surn" no longer is "mechregsurn" my handle.

as one of the few active leaders in fw, our top priority is finding an effective tactic vs the kodiak deathball.

Keep the discussion in teamspeak so as to not expose our master plan to the opposition. Housekurita.tserverhq.com

Edited by Surn, 03 September 2016 - 12:08 PM.

#16 Ultra-Laser

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 298 posts

Posted 03 September 2016 - 02:56 PM

View Postice trey, on 03 September 2016 - 06:58 AM, said:

Might as well say it though, Jon.

If you've been playing since Mechwarrior 2, and are still here, I'm kind of shocked you haven't looked into the lore at all.

You should get on that. I've been on that since I was in the sixth grade and was brave enough to read a 300-page "Grown up" book.

From what I recall most if not all the Mechwarrior campaigns focused almost exclusively on either clanners or fedcom events, so its not that surprising that Kurita was just another spheroid house to him. Even if he devoured the books most of them have kuritans as the Protagonist's distrusted ally at most and usually they're the go-to antagonist outside of Wolves on The Boarder and (most of?) the ones featuring Theodore K. Come to think of it the only BT material I can think of that consistently gives the Draconis Combine a mostly even shake is stuff like the Field Manuals and housebooks so now I'm kind of surprised to think that there are that many HK fans as there are to start with.

#17 Tavious Grimm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 255 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 03 September 2016 - 03:23 PM

Not to long ago I posted to the old 6RNT forums a list of novels that focus on our Great House. D.R.T, Close Quarters, Hearts of Chaos, Black Dragon, Wolves on the Border, Heir to the Dragon, Path of Glory, and Wolf Pack (this one could be considered a continuation of Wolves on the Border) Far Country (my least favorite)

#18 Vasili Kerensky

• PipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 89 posts

Posted 03 September 2016 - 04:04 PM

Lost causes have their appeal. Faction Warfare is one and House Kurita is another it seems (as this post and the Dragon's Death state all too clearly).

Does the Draconis Combine accept money-soldiers in order to revitalize the DCMS (just a couple of them, fresh and cheap), or does the 'Death to Mercenaries' order stand?

#19 Tavious Grimm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 255 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 03 September 2016 - 04:11 PM

I can't speak for 6RNT, but I would suggest getting in touch with Zoose (COMA) or Surn (SRMx) as they are the active unit commanders' atm

Edited by Tavious Grimm, 03 September 2016 - 04:18 PM.

#20 Ultra-Laser

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 298 posts

Posted 03 September 2016 - 04:55 PM

View PostVasili Kerensky, on 03 September 2016 - 04:04 PM, said:

Lost causes have their appeal. Faction Warfare is one and House Kurita is another it seems (as this post and the Dragon's Death state all too clearly).

Does the Draconis Combine accept money-soldiers in order to revitalize the DCMS (just a couple of them, fresh and cheap), or does the 'Death to Mercenaries' order stand?

'Death to Mercenaries' only ever applied to other factions merc units, who are dishonorable hired bandit thugs. The professional soldiers employed by the DCMS are highly valued for their expertise and skill as fellow warriors. As should be expected of someone with the business sense to take up work under some of the most challenging and profitable contracts in the Inner Sphere.

More than a few merc units have developed such a rapport with the loyalist playerbase that they are easily held in an esteem which rivals all but the most accomplished loyalist units. Loyalist players have been honored to fight alongside such esteemed mercenary units as the Phoenix Legion, 228, Cameron's Highlanders, and more. There eventual departures marked with solemn respect and well-wishes for their next contract.

Indeed! House Kurita is THE best house for merc units because we both want the same thing, to be where best the fighting is and crack open those enemy mechs to get to the chewy c-bill inside them. You hear about those mercs who signed up with Ghost Bear grousing about how all those loyalist players never vote to attack other clans? You've got pretty slim odds of seeing anything like that on a Kurita contract. Finding yourself a bit short of a full team? The TS server (conveniently included in my signature) almost always has a few stragglers twiddling their thumbs waiting for a 12-man to join.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users